HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Sep 14, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #4,952 of 11,943
For anyone curious.. here's a comparison I was able to find comparing V2 to the Stealth Magnet version:

https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/hifiman-arya/343/417

This is just one person sharing their experience and I wouldn't take it to heart until more reviewers can compare the two versions side by side. Also sounds like the V3 might not have been properly burned in prior to listening comparisons & measurements being taken but this is all that's out there.. for now..

Again.. if anyone ends up with a V3 and can compare to a V1 or V2, I'm sure many of us would appreciate it!
Props on finding what appears to be the first comparison! I don't think I'm putting any stock in that review, though. There's no way the stealth magnet revision resulted in "boomy bass and a very intimate soundstage" - maybe he got a LCD-X and got confused? lol

Sep 14, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #4,953 of 11,943
Love the customizations! Is your pair a V1 or V2? If it's a V1, they changed the pads from "UltraPad" to "SerenityPads" back with the V2. It's something no one talks about, but the material is denser, deeper (because the dustcover is no longer attached to the pad but to the ear cup), and seems to hold its shape longer over time.

If yours is a V2 with the SerenityPads, I'm as confused as you are :sweat_smile:
Thanks. Mine is V2, I didn't know the pads name though. Thanks for the info man.

Sep 15, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #4,955 of 11,943
Props on finding what appears to be the first comparison! I don't think I'm putting any stock in that review, though. There's no way the stealth magnet revision resulted in "boomy bass and a very intimate soundstage" - maybe he got a LCD-X and got confused? lol
Probably not burned in or had a chance to loosen up and stretch it's legs.

Sep 15, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #4,956 of 11,943
Sep 16, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #4,959 of 11,943
I think we’ve got him right here to ask, or is that not you, @NtraX ?

I think it may be a different person. I did however reach out to the individual to find out if a burn-in helped.

Here was the response:

Me:
"Just curious… after a burn-in period… did your impressions change? Initially it sounds like you preferred the V2 over the Stealth Magnet revision. Wondering here if a burn-in helped them sound better or if they remained roughly similar to the original impression.
I’m highly thinking about ordering a pair to compare against my V1 Arya… Would appreciate an update if you could provide one!"

Response:
"After 100hrs still the same. Unfortunately, it has harsh mids, maybe the bass got better abit…just abit. , this Arya do not have much volume play too. Is almost like LCD X. So you may need to lower your source, else you’ll stuck at 9 to 9.30, anything more will become harsh and fatigue.
Please demo 1st, my hearing may not be yours. My setup pairing won’t be the same as yours."

We should note ... everyone has different hearing and different preferences. Additionally, the equipment pairing can and probably will make a world of difference. Again.. I think we need to hear more comparison reviews to fully understand the differences across multiple different reviewers & equipment. If 5+ people start sayinging the same thing or a few key reviewers like Resolve & DMS .. then I think we may have something more reliable to go by.

----------------

EDIT:

Looks like there are a few other people commenting on the Arya V3 as of very recently...

https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/hifiman-arya/343/439 - Technically capable but didn't enjoy the music; too fatiguing. Also wanted them to have better separation and soundstage.

https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/hifiman-arya/343/438 - This user also found the bass to be "boomy" and overshadowed the midrange.

Sooo the plot thickens..

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #4,960 of 11,943
That is interesting. I had the HE400se Chinese (Normal Magenets) & the HE400se International (Stealth magnets - same magnets just rounded *[shaved corners]) They sounded the same more or less. I'll cut out the nit picking but the Stealth had different sounding treble - Sharper but with more or less the same tone. The bass was also just a little softer but once again more or less the same tone. I didnt really break them in & was happy to get rid of them coz i needed the money. ~ almost had 2 International versions, thankfully Amazon is crap useless in many aspects & ended up refunding me!

Anyway if they just added stealth magnets they should sound the same, as seen that first hand, Shame they changed the Specs clearly having a larger impact than they though going off comments.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #4,961 of 11,943
That is interesting. I had the HE400se Chinese (Normal Magenets) & the HE400se International (Stealth magnets - same magnets just rounded *[shaved corners]) They sounded the same more or less. I'll cut out the nit picking but the Stealth had different sounding treble - Sharper but with more or less the same tone. The bass was also just a little softer but once again more or less the same tone. I didnt really break them in & was happy to get rid of them coz i needed the money. ~ almost has 2 International versions, thankfully Amazon is crap useless in many aspects & ended up refunding me!

Anyway if they just added stealth magnets they should sound the same seen that first hand, Shame they changed the Specs clearly having a larger impact than they though going off comments.

Yup.. I think this was more than just a "rounding magnets" change. They went from an asymmetrical to a symmetrical magnet structure with bigger magnets. I believe there was a user who even weighed his new Arya and it was about 440g? So that would mean the magnets could be adding potential weight as well. I would 100% expect these to sound DIFFERENT.

Sep 16, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #4,962 of 11,943
Yup.. I think this was more than just a "rounding magnets" change. They went from an asymmetrical to a symmetrical magnet structure with bigger magnets. I believe there was a user who even weighed his new Arya and it was about 440g? So that would mean the magnets could be adding potential weight as well. I would 100% expect these to sound DIFFERENT.
Looks like it’s a pretty big change. The boomy bass is surprising, but not the upper midrange harshness or smaller soundstage. People complained about the same things with the HEKSE, which uses stealth magnets, compared with the HEKV2.

Sep 16, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #4,963 of 11,943
The V3 are also more sensitive. I believe 32 Ohms and 94dB of sensitivity. V2 was 35 Ohms and 90 dB. It seems clear that a fair amount has changed.

Sep 16, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #4,965 of 11,943
I would really like to see a review from @Resolve
He tackled the LCD-X revision this year.
Same. I saw on his last livestream that he’s aware of the new version and wants to get one in for comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back