HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Sep 11, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #4,921 of 11,944
Sep 11, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #4,922 of 11,944
Following up from an earlier post where I was asking if anyone knew where to find a replacement head strap. I ended up writing hifimans customer support. They let me me know that they don’t sell the strap separately and I would have to buy the entire structure.

While I appreciate the reply I’m not keen on that solution. To me it seems a bit ridiculous to not have replacement straps available, as they could get damaged or dirty. I spent $80 bucks for new pads which just arrived, and I was also not so keen on the value there as well. Not stoked on hifiman at the moment.

Did you ask for the arya strap or the HEK strap ? Either way, it is silly not to offer the strap by itself. Seems like you could take the stock one out and use it as a reference to cut a piece of leather or whatever to replace it.

Here is an image of that user on reddit I was talking about.
1631390455079.png

Here is another user that made straps for the audeze LCD that I think look pretty cool.

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #4,923 of 11,944
But they do sell the headbands for cheapers model ...

This one The Newly Enhanced Comfort Headband (hifiman.com) looks almost identical to the Arya's, it's just different in the yoke size so they don't fit the Arya. The point is they can totally produce the replacement band, they just don't for some reasons we don't know.

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #4,925 of 11,944
I recently got the Arya and love it so much that I begin to check if I am driving it to its fullest potential. I pair it with the FIIO M15, balanced, high gain, over ear mode of course. I found that the volume for me is already adequate, that I never have to max out the volume. But pretty much everywhere I checked people said you need a powerful amp to drive the Arya properly. I just don't know what additional musical quality I can extract from using powerful amps. Therefore, in your experience, is the M15 already enough for the Arya? I am looking hard at the Singxer SA-1 which people said it's good for the Arya but I have no idea what more it brings compared to the M15 besides louder volume. My Arya is the v2 version. Thanks in advance for your help and insights. I tried to search for any previous posts but I couldn't find any. I do apologize if that topic had been discussed before.

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #4,926 of 11,944
What is the latest version of the Arya? Mine doesn't have the leather headband with the holes like above. My Arya has stealth magnets and nice looking headband.

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #4,927 of 11,944
What is the latest version of the Arya? Mine doesn't have the leather headband with the holes like above. My Arya has stealth magnets and nice looking headband.
You have the most recent revision if it has stealth magnets. I think the headband with holes was a DIY addition. Looks like the HE1000 SE headband. I actually find the stock Arya headband more comfortable as it has some padding.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #4,928 of 11,944
Im digging these on my Dragon amp the WA5 LE needs some tube rolling as it's too bright which is annoying with that amp as you have to find the correct combo for each headphone. So what I like is bass the wall of sound vocals are killer on my EDM music as they sound scary good. I had the upper models of HiFiman but these are more fun to listen too. The HEKv2, HEKse and Susvara where to critical no foot tapping like these.

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #4,929 of 11,944
But they do sell the headbands for cheapers model ...

This one The Newly Enhanced Comfort Headband (hifiman.com) looks almost identical to the Arya's, it's just different in the yoke size so they don't fit the Arya. The point is they can totally produce the replacement band, they just don't for some reasons we don't know.

Spending $75 for the entire top is what I was hoping to avoid, especially after overpaying for the pads.

Seems like a simple cash grab to not sell the strap replacement but offer it as part of the headband contraption. There are some items offered online through eBay and Amazon, but they don’t have the tiny metal hook to secure the strap.

Sep 12, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #4,932 of 11,944
I recently got the Arya and love it so much that I begin to check if I am driving it to its fullest potential. I pair it with the FIIO M15, balanced, high gain, over ear mode of course. I found that the volume for me is already adequate, that I never have to max out the volume. But pretty much everywhere I checked people said you need a powerful amp to drive the Arya properly. I just don't know what additional musical quality I can extract from using powerful amps. Therefore, in your experience, is the M15 already enough for the Arya? I am looking hard at the Singxer SA-1 which people said it's good for the Arya but I have no idea what more it brings compared to the M15 besides louder volume. My Arya is the v2 version. Thanks in advance for your help and insights. I tried to search for any previous posts but I couldn't find any. I do apologize if that topic had been discussed before.
Im by no means an expert in audio just a normal consumer, maybe just some context:

Was driving the Arya with a Hugo 2 for the last 5 months, albeit satisfied with the sound sig I bought a Burson Audio Soloist x3p as an addition (power amp mode) to the hugo 2 last month.

I guess its not about "Can it drive the Aryas" but more towards "How well can it drive the Aryas". To say the least it really did bring a whole ball game to the overall musical experience (i.e. way better dynamics, layering, imaging; microdetails and mids) but the best consideration for the burson was how it tamed the treble and made it much much more smoother <--> enjoyable

I was initially bound on the Singxer SA-1 but after some deliberation sough from some reviewers on youtube quoting that burson was the better choice (also within my allowable budget) hence the decision.

But nonetheless this is just my experience, dont take it at face value :)

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #4,933 of 11,944
Im by no means an expert in audio just a normal consumer, maybe just some context:

Was driving the Arya with a Hugo 2 for the last 5 months, albeit satisfied with the sound sig I bought a Burson Audio Soloist x3p as an addition (power amp mode) to the hugo 2 last month.

I guess its not about "Can it drive the Aryas" but more towards "How well can it drive the Aryas". To say the least it really did bring a whole ball game to the overall musical experience (i.e. way better dynamics, layering, imaging; microdetails and mids) but the best consideration for the burson was how it tamed the treble and made it much much more smoother <--> enjoyable

I was initially bound on the Singxer SA-1 but after some deliberation sough from some reviewers on youtube quoting that burson was the better choice (also within my allowable budget) hence the decision.

Good Choice........soloist 3xp will power even the Susvaras......singxer sa1 has very little gain in high gain mode so you need to pair it with high Vrms dac otherwise it will struggle to power even the arya.....

Sep 12, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #4,935 of 11,944

Thank you so much for the information! I'll take a deep look at the Burson amp as well. So I take it that a powerful amp will bring out a different dimension of the headphone qualities instead of just simply capable of being louder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back