HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Feb 8, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #3,061 of 11,945
does anyone know if it's normal forthe yokes, where they connect to the headband on the Arya, are supposed to be sort of crooked? If you look at where the top of the yoke it has a like a PTFE top on it where it meets and rotates around the flat piece on the headband. It's crooked and tilted so there's a gap on the inside. it looks like i can see this on all other pictures to some extent. upon closer inspection of the build it's definitely not the best build in the world. they are light and very comfortable but the build just looks overly complex, like the idea was good but not enough time to simplify the idea, which takes a lot of engineering.

are their any yoke/headband mods or improvements out there to improve the quality a bit?

Feb 8, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #3,062 of 11,945
I think I'll try Qudelix-5K what can it do with Aryas at beginning. So let the journey begin...

I have that amp and use it single ended with a Sennheiser 6.5 to 3.5mm adapter. It can get somewhat loud in a quiet-ish room, but would definitely recommend getting a 2.5mm balanced cable for it (sorry, I don't have any cable recommendations :|)

Feb 8, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #3,064 of 11,945
For anyone looking for a transportable DAC / amp that really makes the Arya sing on normal setting look into the mirco idsd BL it sounds just as good from my laptop as my desktop amps connected to node2i, I’m guessing the newer version sounds great As well Up to 1.9 mw on normal 4.1 mw on turbo.
Great product. I heard they'll be discontinuing it.

Feb 8, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #3,066 of 11,945
I have that amp and use it single ended with a Sennheiser 6.5 to 3.5mm adapter. It can get somewhat loud in a quiet-ish room, but would definitely recommend getting a 2.5mm balanced cable for it (sorry, I don't have any cable recommendations :|)
Meze makes a 2.5 balanced it's rather thin but it is only 100 usd and it does work in the Arya.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #3,070 of 11,945
I finally got my Arya's yesterday and these are my first Hifiman headphones. I'm pretty sure I look just like this....
1612888368572.png

Feb 9, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #3,073 of 11,945
Your ears will love it your wallet not so much, the journey can become expensive but we all must have some indulgences. Have you looked at the XDUOO XD-05 Plus and the BT module that fits it might be a good portable alternative and it has 1mw output. Let us know what you end up with and your impressions.
Thank you, I realize it allready that this journey will be expansive... :) Started with Audiotechnica ATH-DSR9BT with AptXHD, I was suprised how good wireless sound can be and continued with BD Amiron Wireless and HM Ananda BT later. That comfort to listen to music in HQ while moving around without any cables is addictive.
I'll read this thread from beginning and start making notes about recommended combinations. The plan for now is to convert Arya to BT with balanced cables and make better Ananda BT :) I don't like/use EQ and hate all "modern" HP (tuning) with that bass bump like Sony XM3... I've no problems with volume clipping on Anadas BT, I'm listening on 50-70% of max. volume, so I've sensitive ears probably and I do not expect problems with not sufficient volume.

Feb 9, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #3,074 of 11,945
Are you satisfied with SQ? I'll try it probably with meze 99 SERIES 2.5MM BALANCED UPGRADE CABLE, that is 50% off now. Thank you.

Feb 9, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #3,075 of 11,945
Anyone who has a Btr5 try it balanced surprisingly good with Arya volume at around 34 is plenty loud, great small portable BT option. Will have to experiment with battery life.
I'm curious what finding will outcome from this pairing. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back