HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jan 29, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #3,031 of 11,884
Hy guys I want to share with you my happiness because today I ordered my Arya's... for now I feed them with the ifi idsd signature... I hope this compo suits... in a few months probably I bought the schiit jot 2 for a desktop use.

Jan 30, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #3,032 of 11,884
Absolutely loving this! As a bass head Arya has converted me to planar. They may not have the dynamic slam I got from iems but the way the bass perfectly layers with the rest of the frequency is excellent and has a really nice quality to it.

I don't hear them as artificially wide but nice and evenly spread out with images the seem to reach way over your head
Should try them properly fed with a balanced connection. The slam is greater than any dynamic open-back headphone i've heard or owned.

Jan 31, 2021 at 1:02 AM Post #3,033 of 11,884
I had gone from the Focal Clears to the HiFiMan Aryas, to the Audeze LCD-3s.

If you want maximum bass slam (but not microdetail, at least below the $3000 price point), there's none better I know of among planars, than an Audeze (as you might expect from something of that size and weight). Microdetail of the Aryas is better than the more expensive LCD-3's, but the latter is still an enjoyable, full bodied, liquid, warm listen. You should probably listen to the LCD-XC: the Arya, the Ananda and even the HE-1000, are "soft touch" headphones in comparison, you will never feel the same "heft" below say, 90 Hz, with those. You might also look at a Fostex closed back.

I just played Bjork's "All Is Full of Love" through the LCD-3's, and that had most certainly rumbled my entire head. It's cleaner than my subwoofer, as well, especially at 60 Hz.

I'm surprised at your soundstage problems with the Aryas, I had found it to be definitely wider and taller (mostly taller) than the other two I had owned. I also expand it by using the "Recording Studio" setting under the "Effects" tab in JRiver27 software which I feel Tidal into.

You may want to look at your amp; make sure you have enough power.

1. Bass shake/slam/hit is underwhelming. They're there, but I wished it'd rumble my entire head, instead of feeling like minor pushes into the eardrum.

2. Soundstage is underwhelming. It feels like it reaches out to roughly 30 cm radius max. While much better than my RE600 IEM which feels like roughly 5 cm, it wasn't the orchestra feeling I was lead to believe.

I had hoped it was because it wasn't burnt-in enough, or my brain not adjusted enough, but these 2 aspect remains. I've tried playing around with EQ a bit, it seemed to just make the soundstage even narrower, while making bass louder without increasing the shake. FYI, I'm using Audinist HUD-MX2 with non-balanced cable.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #3,036 of 11,884
How's the durability on the V2 nowadays? Heard they did have quite some driver issues in the past but it seems to be corrected now.
Ordered one on Black Friday, was an DAO :thinking:
Ordered another, works fine since November 2020 - no issues!
I love these Headphones so much :heart_eyes:

Jan 31, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #3,039 of 11,884
how do you tell if you have a v2?

Black fabric in front of driver is V2. Black mesh is V1
AFF71ABF-C462-4088-9479-F495CF38B9AF.jpeg

This is V2.
Chibs

Feb 1, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #3,041 of 11,884
I have been on the search for my first set of good cans and wanted the Arya's but felt they were a little out of my price range. However, Hifiman is having a open box sale (300 off) and I just pulled the trigger! I really wanted something with excellent staging (like the 800s - which were not comfortable for me) for classical music. I have never heard the Arya's but I am excited to hear them!!

Feb 1, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #3,042 of 11,884
I have been on the search for my first set of good cans and wanted the Arya's but felt they were a little out of my price range. However, Hifiman is having a open box sale (300 off) and I just pulled the trigger! I really wanted something with excellent staging (like the 800s - which were not comfortable for me) for classical music. I have never heard the Arya's but I am excited to hear them!!
Congrats, please post your views on how they sound (good or bad).

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #3,044 of 11,884
Enjoying Arya!!

1B0AFC1E-8F96-44F5-A623-5CC4F4898656.jpeg

Periaptcables came in today after a long slow battle with an overwhelmed national postal service.

Quick question about poles (I think that’s the correct term?) where the cable plugs into the headphones.. The Balanced Replacement cables have 1 pole on each side. The black cable that shipped with Arya has 2 on each side. Is this because their single ended? What’s the difference and what are they for?

8F83EF74-3E96-4F3D-ABC9-F642D337D38C.jpeg

Chibs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back