HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Feb 10, 2021 at 6:15 AM Post #3,092 of 11,881
Open box. The discount codes are still working as well despite the expiration date.
I've ordered it too, it was 1244$ for me. Will see what quality OB is when it arrives, I hope it will be in good condition.

Feb 10, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #3,094 of 11,881
Awesome. Yeah I hope these open boxes are like new. I'm listening to the Deva right now and it is pretty damn amazing. I can't wait to hear what next level Hifiman sounds like.
*cries in Sundara*

honestly please post your thoughts, Joshua Valor won't stop raving about it so it's on my hit list, I am 3/5 best under $500 according to him but I am thrown off the fact he has 2 planars on that and the Arya are planar so I'm thinking maybe skip the Aeon X and just hit up Arya?

Feb 10, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #3,095 of 11,881
*cries in Sundara*

honestly please post your thoughts, Joshua Valor won't stop raving about it so it's on my hit list, I am 3/5 best under $500 according to him but I am thrown off the fact he has 2 planars on that and the Arya are planar so I'm thinking maybe skip the Aeon X and just hit up Arya?
I will definitely post my thoughts. I'm learning that I like the sound of planars most, especially for their soundstage, image separation, and treatment of lows. From what I've read and watched I feel Hifiman gets that right amongst the other planar headphone manufacturers. I'd personally bypass and Aeons and go Ayra.

Feb 10, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #3,096 of 11,881
Impressions? :)
It sounds surprisingly good definitely better than LG v 30 not sure how they do it in that form factor but the hype is actually real, there are plenty of qualified detailed reviews on Amazon.
I'm guessing that the 5k would be similar same dac / amp chip, I would definitely plan to use either one balanced to get the most power out of them.
The Meze 2.5 balanced works fine will try my Norne audio cable once my 2.5mm trrs to 4.4 trrs adapter arrives.
Screenshot_20210210-085221_Amazon.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #3,097 of 11,881
*cries in Sundara*

Arya are amazing HP.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #3,098 of 11,881
Awesome. Yeah I hope these open boxes are like new. I'm listening to the Deva right now and it is pretty damn amazing. I can't wait to hear what next level Hifiman sounds like.
I had both the Deva and Arya I kept the Arya and sent Deva back.
Don't get me wrong the Deva was no slouch and a bargain at it's price point, it sounded good from it's BT module but wired into a nice amp was night and day. I actually preferred it's warmer sound signature over the Arya but on every other metric the Arya bested the Deva.
That is the problem with head fi you cannot unhear a quality set of cans my Gen 1 Aeon C is now just collecting dust as are my pandora hope IV, I think my son wants the pandora maybe I can talk the wife into the Aeon.
Edit. If the Arya had the tonality and warmth of the Deva it would be my perfect open back.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #3,100 of 11,881
Are you satisfied with SQ? I'll try it probably with meze 99 SERIES 2.5MM BALANCED UPGRADE CABLE, that is 50% off now. Thank you.
Hit the buy button the upgrade cable is a steal at that price, unless you want a custom cable costing hundreds. IMHO balanced is a must if you are planning to use the 5k or Btr5 for the Arya.

Feb 10, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #3,101 of 11,881
A friend recently loaned me their Arya for awhile. I really liked how it sounded overall. It's signature is a little bass-lean for my liking but soundstage, mid- and treble timbre, detail retrieval, and bass extension are all excellent. It's also one of the few headphones out there, and the only one I've heard around $1.5k that can truly convey a sense of bass texture. However, its treble presentation does not agree with my ears and listening to it for any length of time gave me headaches and/or dizziness. I tried multiple amp and dac combos, often to specifically reduce the treble, and all it did was delay the onset of dizziness by a few minutes. Disappointing for me, but I can't fault anyone for really liking this headphone, it's a good one.
Many including myself have noticed similar treble / brightness issues when they are new it also depends on what they were previously listening to or used to.
Were they broken in? I had the same issue with treble in the beginning when I was under 200 hrs break in though not to your extent of dizziness. I almost sent them back either they have mellowed or my brain / ears have adjusted either way I'm happy I kept them.
Try them with a nice warm tube amp.

Feb 10, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #3,102 of 11,881
Hit the buy button the upgrade cable is a steal at that price, unless you want a custom cable costing hundreds. IMHO balanced is a must if you are planning to use the 5k or Btr5 for the Arya.
hit both, 5k and that balanced cable... I'll be prepared when Arya arrives... :)

Feb 10, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #3,103 of 11,881
It sounds surprisingly good definitely better than LG v 30 not sure how they do it in that form factor but the hype is actually real, there are plenty of qualified detailed reviews on Amazon.
I'm guessing that the 5k would be similar same dac / amp chip, I would definitely plan to use either one balanced to get the most power out of them.
The Meze 2.5 balanced works fine will try my Norne audio cable once my 2.5mm trrs to 4.4 trrs adapter arrives.
Screenshot_20210210-085221_Amazon.jpg
Can you please try to connect with LDAC set to 88.2k if it works with Fiio? Or it reverts back to original setting like with Ananda BT. Thank you!

Feb 10, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #3,104 of 11,881
Can you please try to connect with LDAC set to 88.2k if it works with Fiio? Or it reverts back to original setting like with Ananda BT. Thank you!
I use the LDAC codec to connect the Btr5 to my LG v30 and note 10 for BT, not sure of the bit rate or how to check it as I usually just stream masters from tidal or my calm music from radio tunes depending on whether I'm listening or just for background music while working.
Sounds good off of either.

Feb 10, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #3,105 of 11,881
I use the LDAC codec to connect the Btr5 to my LG v30 and note 10 for BT, not sure of the bit rate or how to check it as I usually just stream masters from tidal or my calm music from radio tunes depending on whether I'm listening or just for background music while working.
Sounds good off of either.
Have you developer options enabled on V30? There is section with BT parameters where can you set connection quality and transfer rates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back