HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 29, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #7,546 of 11,881
DB0AEABA-ECB4-4DF1-8019-23C22F7E3B71.jpeg

Impressed me during a short listen at a meet, so much so that, I bought one for myself.

👌👌👌

May 29, 2022 at 6:04 AM Post #7,547 of 11,881
DB0AEABA-ECB4-4DF1-8019-23C22F7E3B71.jpeg
Impressed me during a short listen at a meet, so much so that, I bought one for myself.

👌👌👌
Same thing happened to me. I had spent the whole day listening to headphones at a show, with nothing really swaying me. Sure, some of the TOTL headphones were impressive. But were either to heavy or too expensive for my liking. Then at the end of the day I visited a local hifi shop and listened to the Arya Stealth and I instantly knew it was the sound I had been looking for for the last few years. Bought my own pair just recently.

Last edited:
May 31, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #7,550 of 11,881
These are on sale at headphones.com for $1299 new! I'm debating selling my Verite Open to get these and pocket the change. I already have an Atrium and I prefer those, so thinking these will compliment the Atrium better.

May 31, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #7,552 of 11,881
I have a Focal Clear, a Sony Z1R, and Ether Flow 1.1 Open. My plan is to eventually sell the Ether Flows to get these, just hoping they compliment the Focal Clears.
I've had the clears OG and have the Arya v2. The clears are very much different. More at you than around you. Very punchy and clear, where the arya has better layering/width and heighth. Having both was nice, but always try to slim down my inventory haha.

Arya makes me feel like I'm at the concert where the clears felt more focused and in head/at me.

May 31, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #7,553 of 11,881
These are on sale at headphones.com for $1299 new! I'm debating selling my Verite Open to get these and pocket the change. I already have an Atrium and I prefer those, so thinking these will compliment the Atrium better.
Funny! I’m doing the exact opposite, selling the Arya and keeping a VO.

I think you’re right though. The VO has an almost planar-like sound. I would think the Atrium might better complement it. That’s a great deal on those Arya’s!

May 31, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #7,554 of 11,881
The Arya Stealth is maturing like the best red wine, the performance is getting better and better.
They match greatly with FiiO K9 ESS in high gain.
I am thinking that ATM this must be the best HIFIMAN headphone considering price to performance ratio.

Jun 1, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #7,555 of 11,881
The Arya Stealth is maturing like the best red wine, the performance is getting better and better.
They match greatly with FiiO K9 ESS in high gain.
I am thinking that ATM this must be the best HIFIMAN headphone considering price to performance ratio.
May I ask if you find any difference between gain settings? I have the AKM versione and, btw, in low gain I can't go over 12-13 o clock cause it's too loud (I do use a balanced cable tho).

I've read all kind of things about gain setting, like it's better to be in low, it's better to be in high, never came to a conclusion.

Jun 1, 2022 at 6:55 AM Post #7,556 of 11,881
May I ask if you find any difference between gain settings? I have the AKM versione and, btw, in low gain I can't go over 12-13 o clock cause it's too loud (I do use a balanced cable tho).

I've read all kind of things about gain setting, like it's better to be in low, it's better to be in high, never came to a conclusion.
I guess that it is relatively subjective.
While Mid id already very loud just halfway of the pot, I really like the High gain.
It feels like pushing more current and I find the Arya is sounding more organic and effortless.

Jun 1, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #7,557 of 11,881
Thanks for the reply @Ichos .

Anyway, I just got a good deal on the Arya Stealth while considering other headphones and could not resist. Pulled the trigger some days ago. I was pretty worried it would not be enough of an upgrade from the Sundara (which I deeply love) and oh boy... they are amazing.

I've never listened to the V2, so can't judge about the shrinked soundstage (which many reviews reports) but the tonality is mostly the same as the Sundara, details retrieval is quite better and separation is just on another level.
I can differentiate instruments, echoes, textures and decays much easier and without concentrating too much. It's just like they are a little far away from each other, while the vocal delivery is more intimate (I love it)!
The timbre seems pretty natural to me, they also sound big and surrounding, but still natural. I have some experience in music production, as I worked with some local bands, and I don't find any artificial quality to the sound reproduction in general.

The bass also hits harder than the Sundara, I can feel more impact.

As I listen mostly to progressive rock/metal stuff, this HP is golden with it's layering ability, natural timbre, punch and engaging sound without being fatiguing.

Jun 1, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #7,559 of 11,881

Anyway, I just got a good deal on the Arya Stealth while considering other headphones and could not resist. Pulled the trigger some days ago. I was pretty worried it would not be enough of an upgrade from the Sundara (which I deeply love) and oh boy... they are amazing.

I've never listened to the V2, so can't judge about the shrinked soundstage (which many reviews reports) but the tonality is mostly the same as the Sundara, details retrieval is quite better and separation is just on another level.
I can differentiate instruments, echoes, textures and decays much easier and without concentrating too much. It's just like they are a little far away from each other, while the vocal delivery is more intimate (I love it)!
The timbre seems pretty natural to me, they also sound big and surrounding, but still natural. I have some experience in music production, as I worked with some local bands, and I don't find any artificial quality to the sound reproduction in general.

As I listen mostly to progressive rock/metal stuff, this HP is golden with it's layering ability, natural timbre, punch and engaging sound without being fatiguing.
^^^This guy (or person) gets why many of us love the Arya....

Jun 1, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #7,560 of 11,881

And it will just get better as you break them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back