HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 20, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #7,516 of 11,881
I thought the HD800S is much more comfortable than the Aryas!

I’m still in the return window of the Aryas, so I’m gonna wait for a few days and see if it will loosen up a bit.
Two of the most comfy headphones, you may need a new head :wink: LOL.

May 20, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #7,517 of 11,881
I may be in a minority here (because I could not find a lot of mentions), but the clamp force of Arya V3 is abnormally high!
The sound is awesome, perfect, amazing. I also like the all-black design. It even sits much, much better on my head than the Edition XS, but damn the clamp force. I think I return these too. I really like the sound, but I'm not sure, if I'll be able to live that much pressure on my jaw!
Lightly un-bend the metal headband. It is spring steel and is pretty easily re-formed. Unbend it at the corners - each corner, one at a time. Do not grab them near the plastic adjusters so as not to damage the plastic pieces. It's pretty easy to do, I did mine that way and they're waaay comfy.

Last edited:
May 20, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #7,518 of 11,881
I sold my Aryas because no matter what I did they caused me pain that lasted for days. I'm sad to say the HD 800s also irritate my head. I haven't worn headphones in weeks cuz I'm tired of the struggle. Cant find a pair that's comfortable and sounds incredible
Only IEMs for you. Sounds like you don't like anything on your head or ears....

May 21, 2022 at 3:53 AM Post #7,519 of 11,881
Lightly un-bend the metal headband. It is spring steel and is pretty easily re-formed. Unbend it at the corners - each corner, one at a time. Do not grab them near the plastic adjusters so as not to damage the plastic pieces. It's pretty easy to do, I did mine that way and they're waaay comfy.

Thanks! Yeah, I read that bending the metal headband could help. However, I am hugely scared to break the headband completely, lol. I am trying right now the book suggestion, I'm placing over some books for the next 2-3 days and see if it's going to make any difference.

May 21, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #7,520 of 11,881
Two of the most comfy headphones, you may need a new head :wink: LOL.

I'm not denying that I have a small head (as stated in another thread, I'm somehow small, 1.70 cm) but I LOVE the comfort of HD599. I know that one can not compare HD599 with Arya, they are NOT in the same league, but damn, I wear the HD599s all day when I'm working (WFH) and I don't feel them. Furthermore, I also have the DT770 and I can't wear them for 1 hour straight because of its circular shape and because I wear glasses.

Last edited:
May 21, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #7,521 of 11,881
I did the same thing and it works. Much comfortable now 👌

May 21, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #7,522 of 11,881
Audio46 is selling the v3 for 1299 brand new, i wonder what that’s about lol

May 21, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #7,523 of 11,881
Audio46 is selling the v3 for 1299 brand new, i wonder what that’s about lol
Hifiman recently had a sale of the AS for the same price on their website. Maybe they are extending that offer to one of their dealers.

I bought an open box set from Hifiman during the campaign, but I strongly suspect that what I actually got was a brand new set.

May 21, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #7,524 of 11,881
Hifiman recently had a sale of the AS for the same price on their website. Maybe they are extending that offer to one of their dealers.

I bought an open box set from Hifiman during the campaign, but I strongly suspect that what I actually got was a brand new set.

Same here. Pair I got for my brother was listed open box but arrived sealed, and the pair inside was completely untouched

May 21, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #7,526 of 11,881
On the subject of “new” vs “open box” — is the Red sticker on the cardboard box an actual indication?
In other words - if the Red sticker is tampered with/resealed it’s ‘open box’ and if the Red sticker is untouched it’s for sure “new”?

May 21, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #7,527 of 11,881
Anybody driving their v2s with a GSX mini? Been looking to upgrade to a balanced amp from my Aasgard 3 and am trying to decide between this and a Burson. Leaning GSX due to US design and assembly.

Last edited:
May 21, 2022 at 9:48 PM Post #7,528 of 11,881
Anybody driving their v2s with a GSX mini? Been looking to upgrade to a balanced amp from my Arya 3 and am trying to decide between this and a Burson. Leaning GSX due to US design and assembly.
Burson quality is amazing and highly praised. Running Bifrost 2 and Burson Soloist 3x with v2 and I think I'm done for some time. Again, I havent compared the two, but if you are worried about quality, Burson is a step up from most

May 21, 2022 at 9:52 PM Post #7,529 of 11,881
There’s always a bunch of used GSX Minis in the classifieds… I wonder why?

They seem like really well built amps and the guys from Abyss recommended it with their super picky headphone.

I bet the Arya would pair great with it just like my XI Broadway does with my Stealths.

May 21, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #7,530 of 11,881
Thanks! Yeah, I read that bending the metal headband could help. However, I am hugely scared to break the headband completely, lol. I am trying right now the book suggestion, I'm placing over some books for the next 2-3 days and see if it's going to make any difference.
If you gently grab the headband as close to the corner bends as possible there won't any chance of breaking the strap or the plastic adjusters. It's regular spring steel and doesn't easily break unless you cut a notch in the metal - it's very durable while still being malleable. Just saying....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back