HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 15, 2022 at 12:32 AM Post #7,504 of 11,881
Anyone own both V2 and Stealth? Arya v2 has been my end game for some time and love it. Would it be a compliment to the V2 to get the Stealth Version as well in addition, or to alike to justify?

Or maybe we can wait till v4 😆
No, they don't complement each other because the differences are so minor that there is no way on earth to justify another $1600 for the sake of "complement". Enjoy what you have. Or replace your headphone. And even if you replace it, your effort, time and money invested in this exchange will hardly be commensurate with those questionable improvements that the Stealth offers. I personally don't even consider them as improvements. The measured bass rise is just 1 dB, the increased slam is not my personal preference, the high mid peak is only shifted but not eliminated, and the rise above 10K appears to be painful to my ears in the Stealth version (the majority of people are not sensitive to this frequency area at all even if they hear sound in there). I didn't even mention the difference in stage width. So, my preference is the V2 hands down. If you are a new customer, you'll probably end up with the Stealth and be happy with it. But if you already have the V2, think for yourself if you really appreciate the changes to the point of replacing the headphone. I wouldn't even think about it.

May 15, 2022 at 12:35 AM Post #7,505 of 11,881
No, they don't complement each other because the differences are so minor that there is no way on earth to justify another $1600 for the sake of "complement". Enjoy what you have. Or replace your headphone. And even if you replace it, your effort, time and money invested in this exchange will hardly be commensurate with those questionable improvements that the Stealth offers. I personally don't even consider them as improvements. The measured bass rise is just 1 dB, the increased slam is not my personal preference, the high mid peak is only shifted but not eliminated, and the rise above 10K appears to be painful to my ears in the Stealth version (the majority of people are not sensitive to this frequency area at all even if they hear sound in there). I didn't even mention the difference in stage width. So, my preference is the V2 hands down. If you are a new customer, you'll probably end up with the Stealth and be happy with it. But if you already have the V2, think for yourself if you really appreciate the changes to the point of replacing the headphone. I wouldn't even think about it.
Totally agree with your statement, those V2 will remain it...those new can get SE because..V2 will be collectors.

May 15, 2022 at 10:04 PM Post #7,506 of 11,881
Anyone own both V2 and Stealth? Arya v2 has been my end game for some time and love it. Would it be a compliment to the V2 to get the Stealth Version as well in addition, or to alike to justify?

I was able to have them side by side for a few weeks. For me, the Stealth replaced the v2s as a worthwhile revision. The main reasons were that it was more dynamic in the bass, had better timbre, layering, and imaging out of the box, and it was substantially easier to drive. Fresh OOTB it was somewhat close-in sounding as far as staging (so was the v2 when brand new), but after about ~75 - 100hrs of active burn in w/ both pink noise and music the staging is virtually the same as the v2s - with the added previously mentioned benefits, plus a more coherent presentation. Though still an Arya, it is a worthy revision, IMO.

Last edited:
May 16, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #7,507 of 11,881

I can't imagine this being a good move. If you want a slammer to go along with V2 perhaps something like a Zmf or Audeze is a good choice

May 19, 2022 at 3:01 AM Post #7,508 of 11,881
Just for the record. I did receive a mail from Hifiman, officially stating that the Stealth V3 are shipped with Serenitypads as the stock pads.

May 20, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #7,509 of 11,881
I can't imagine this being a good move. If you want a slammer to go along with V2 perhaps something like a Zmf or Audeze is a good choice
How do these play with the Fiio M17? Anyone?

May 20, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #7,511 of 11,881
I may be in a minority here (because I could not find a lot of mentions), but the clamp force of Arya V3 is abnormally high!
The sound is awesome, perfect, amazing. I also like the all-black design. It even sits much, much better on my head than the Edition XS, but damn the clamp force. I think I return these too. I really like the sound, but I'm not sure, if I'll be able to live that much pressure on my jaw!

May 20, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #7,512 of 11,881
I may be in a minority here (because I could not find a lot of mentions), but the clamp force of Arya V3 is abnormally high!
The sound is awesome, perfect, amazing. I also like the all-black design. It even sits much, much better on my head than the Edition XS, but damn the clamp force. I think I return these too. I really like the sound, but I'm not sure, if I'll be able to live that much pressure on my jaw!
Try to place it over some books for a few days. That may relieve some of the pressure.

May 20, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #7,513 of 11,881
I sold my Aryas because no matter what I did they caused me pain that lasted for days. I'm sad to say the HD 800s also irritate my head. I haven't worn headphones in weeks cuz I'm tired of the struggle. Cant find a pair that's comfortable and sounds incredible

May 20, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #7,514 of 11,881
I sold my Aryas because no matter what I did they caused me pain that lasted for days. I'm sad to say the HD 800s also irritate my head. I haven't worn headphones in weeks cuz I'm tired of the struggle. Cant find a pair that's comfortable and sounds incredible
I thought the HD800S is much more comfortable than the Aryas!

I’m still in the return window of the Aryas, so I’m gonna wait for a few days and see if it will loosen up a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back