HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jul 14, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #4,261 of 11,886
You should be)) If you see a used Ananda for $700, let that seller take a hike for such a ridiculous price. Choose an open box Ananda for $600 directly from the manufacturer. It's got full warranty, not used, absolutely functional, tested. For $100 less you've got full protection and practically a new headphone. IDK if ezduzit2500's offer would be more attractive (just $50 less for a used item shipped from USA to India whereas you can snatch a good deal from the manufacturer new open box, not far away, with full warranty for $50 more) but it's up to you.
I see........ Appreciate the advice... 👍

Jul 14, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #4,262 of 11,886
Which would you say then has legendary bass......????
I would indeed say Arya's bass is legendary in its extension & control. I would be hard pressed to name another headphone whose bass extends so deep so perfectly flat with such absolute precision. It's like having the world's cleanest subwoofer right on your head.

What Arya ISN'T is a bloated bass cannon. You're thinking of Fostex. :wink:

Jul 14, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #4,263 of 11,886
Or Beats. :wink:

Jul 14, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #4,265 of 11,886
Jul 16, 2021 at 2:07 AM Post #4,266 of 11,886
Thanks for the offer....... I'll think about it and let you know🤔
No worries, I'm only trying to get it out of my closet cause it's not being used. Price negotiable ~$500 - $550.

Jul 16, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #4,267 of 11,886
I would indeed say Arya's bass is legendary in its extension & control. I would be hard pressed to name another headphone whose bass extends so deep so perfectly flat with such absolute
Or Beats. :wink:

precision. It's like having the world's cleanest subwoofer right on your head.

What Arya ISN'T is a bloated bass cannon. You're thinking of Fostex. :wink:
You guys:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I let a friend of mine listen to my Ananda. He said it's.... okay.... Then he proudly said: "I got Beats!" SMH:face_palm:

Jul 16, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #4,268 of 11,886
Hello guys, i have received my Arya since some days. I have burn in with a special CD until now.

I love it so far but... i dont know why but i feel like the vocals sometimes are too far away.. compare to the instruments.
I tried to EQ with oratorry1990 settings, it's better but i'm still not 100 % satisfied .
My 2nd problem is about the clamping force, i feel that it's a bit too strong.

Do you have the same issues? Do you think that the HE1000se can resolve this? i am tempted ... :D
It can sound far off sometimes, but OTOH it gives all vocals and instruments space to develop and play. Images are easily followed in a song. Makes dissecting a song easier than on some more intimate or closed stage cans.

Jul 16, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #4,270 of 11,886
You guys:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I let a friend of mine listen to my Ananda. He said it's.... okay.... Then he proudly said: "I got Beats!" SMH:face_palm:

6310449752_1dbd451c64_w.jpeg

unfriend by Oli Dunkley

Jul 16, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #4,271 of 11,886
Ananda is more suitable for portable use. Arya needs a considerable amount of amplification. Ananda is very close to Arya and sometimes even better for some users due to its better tuning. Therefore, choose Ananda for portable use. Arya is not suitable for that. And you'll save half the price.

Agree.
FWIW: if you consider something like a ifi micro black label as portable (e.g. with a dap), then you will be fine👍

Jul 16, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #4,273 of 11,886
I would say if a Fostex ... or Denon throws the bass at you, the Ayra serves you like a gentleman :relieved:
In my audiophile journey I have come to understand that I'll take impeccably clean bass with perfect resolution over a +10db bass shelf EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Jul 17, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #4,274 of 11,886
Ha ha. I'mma leave him where he stands, some people just don't 'get' better actual sound quality. The same reason my Father once tried to impress me with his new TOTL Bose Acoustimass system last year. I was kind and didn't push, out of embarrassment and respect. But still... Extreme yuck.

Jul 17, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #4,275 of 11,886
Ha ha. I'mma leave him where he stands, some people just don't 'get' better actual sound quality. The same reason my Father once tried to impress me with his new TOTL Bose Acoustimass system last year. I was kind and didn't push, out of embarrassment and respect. But still... Extreme yuck.
It's also just crazy how differently we hear things. You know...some of us hear things one way, and some of us hear wrong :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back