HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jul 11, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #4,201 of 11,880
For changing Qudelix5k for Gustard H20 + X26PRO I've gained maybe 5% of fidelity and lost that freedom do go to the toilet and need not to stop listening to the music! :) But yeah :) that are our choices... :)
Gustard H20 + X26PRO
Gustard H20 can be on your list too.
well, again your recommendation to another member confuses me
Sorry, I know this has a negative connotation on my part, it's not my intention, I just want to understand your experience

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 12, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #4,202 of 11,880
Gustard H20 + X26PRO

Why? The person who asked can just purchase pretty much any device, that meets the requirements of the headphone or something better for a future possible upgrade for, let's say, Susvara, and thats it :)

You just buy what you need and the rest accordingly to your needs (mqa/color and so on). It doesn't matter how much it cost and what form factor or size it has, as long as it meets the requirements :relaxed:

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #4,203 of 11,880
Put it (and Arya too if new-ish) on a loop of pink noise overnight for a few nights to burn in both. Turn it up to just slightly higher than regular listening volume. Should notice that both have subtle changes after about 50hrs (Arya changes more than H20). Arya will be smoother and wider/more layered, and better bass. I also notice that my H20 is kind of anemic when I first turn it on. When it warms up well (15-30 mins) it sounds really full, smooth. Seems to get louder too. Don't know why.
Thank you, my Arya is burned in already 120+ hours and can confirm tonal change for good as you described it :) Will look at H20 volume/tone change when I'll have time to sit down to it.

Jul 12, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #4,204 of 11,880
Gustard H20 + X26PRO

well, again your recommendation to another member confuses me
Sorry, I know this has a negative connotation on my part, it's not my intention, I just want to understand your experience
:) OP wanted A-class powerful amp recommendation. H20 meets booth. I'm not negative about Gustard, It is that that Qudelix is VERY good device already for 100 bucks and additional value/experience is not 20x better as price is. Gustard H20 + X26PRO sounds very good don't get me wrong! Main difference is more authoritative sound for me now, after short listening period. Will post more impressions after more time spent by Gustard stack.

Jul 12, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #4,205 of 11,880
:) OP wanted A-class powerful amp recommendation. H20 meets booth. I'm not negative about Gustard, It is that that Qudelix is VERY good device already for 100 bucks and additional value/experience is not 20x better as price is. Gustard H20 + X26PRO sounds very good don't get me wrong! Main difference is more authoritative sound for me now, after short listening period. Will post more impressions after more time spent by Gustard stack.
The Qudelix is an impressive little thing according to the specs. For that price, I might have to add it to my Amazon "Wish list"

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #4,206 of 11,880
Anyone have any idea how long I should expect the ear pads to last under normal use? And how easy are they to replace? I'm pretty careful with my cans in general, but I do tend to shift them around on my ears pretty frequently. Just a habit I guess.
Mine lasted a little under a year of almost daily use as my daily wfh office headphones. The padding itself was fine, but the adhesive that keeps the fabric together came undone. But since my headphones were still under warranty, Hifiman sent me some replacement pads.

I might put some extra super glue around the fabric just to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm also the type to shift them around pretty frequently. They're relatively easy to replace, might take a few minutes to get the clips to pop into place though.

Jul 12, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #4,209 of 11,880
Hello guys, i have received my Arya since some days. I have burn in with a special CD until now.

I love it so far but... i dont know why but i feel like the vocals sometimes are too far away.. compare to the instruments.
I tried to EQ with oratorry1990 settings, it's better but i'm still not 100 % satisfied .
My 2nd problem is about the clamping force, i feel that it's a bit too strong.

Do you have the same issues? Do you think that the HE1000se can resolve this? i am tempted ... :D

Jul 12, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #4,210 of 11,880
It's clearer to me now
The good thing is that your system can be upgraded in several ways, and you are about to mature the sound by burning it.
I wish you a lot of good fun with your new system

Jul 12, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #4,214 of 11,880
Hi, considering giving the Arya another chance, but only have a Modi 3 as a DAC and would like to upgrade to a balanced setup to go with my Singxer SA-1. Any recommendations for a balanced DAC?
You don't have to buy a balanced DAC to use with a balanced amp because the amp will convert and process the signal with its balanced circuit anyway. Especially true with the Singxer SA-1 which doesn't even show you the volume difference between the balanced and SE inputs.

Only if you consider DSD or if you're looking for an upgrade in detail or flavor (Sabre vs AKM for example), then go for it. Otherwise, your Modi 3 is already a good enough DAC for the Singxer SA-1 and Arya.

For $460 you can buy SMSL SU9 - excellent balanced DAC for the price, lots of options and connections, impressive specs and measurements.

Jul 12, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #4,215 of 11,880
You don't have to buy a balanced DAC to use with a balanced amp because the amp will convert and process the signal with its balanced circuit anyway. Especially true with the Singxer SA-1 which doesn't even show you the volume difference between the balanced and SE inputs.

Only if you consider DSD or if you're looking for an upgrade in detail or flavor (Sabre vs AKM for example), then go for it. Otherwise, your Modi 3 is already a good enough DAC for the Singxer SA-1 and Arya.

For $460 you can buy SMSL SU9 - excellent balanced DAC for the price, lots of options and connections, impressive specs and measurements.
Hmm I see, I was under the impression both amp and DAC had to be balanced. Another reason why I'm considering a balanced DAC is because I also have a tube amp and it would be nice to not have to disconnect cables to switch from solid state to tube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back