HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jul 10, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #4,171 of 11,868
What's a good portable amp to drive these? I have a good setup for my desktop, but looking for something to use while chilling on the couch on a laptop.
You'll need something powerful. iFi diablo maybe?

Jul 11, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #4,172 of 11,868
What's a good portable amp to drive these? I have a good setup for my desktop, but looking for something to use while chilling on the couch on a laptop.

Any portable Amp with 0.5-1W and enough voltage of 2-4V, good amount of current, probably all of them around these values, can drive these headphones to your pain limit. For example xduoo xd 5 plus/bal, ifi signature, black label, ifi xcan, xdsd. The arya are not that hard to drive, you won't need at lot of power, unless your listening level is above 100 dbA, but i don't think so haha

Jul 11, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #4,173 of 11,868
Power is not an issue, but, a bad amp - a worse sound.
There are amplifiers with identical power, and one costs 200e and the other 10000e?
Arya needs quality
I haven’t heard of IFI, but it seems like a good mobile solution to me

Jul 11, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #4,174 of 11,868
Power is not an issue, but, a bad amp - a worse sound.
There are amplifiers with identical power, and one costs 200e and the other 10000e?
Arya needs quality
I haven’t heard of IFI, but it seems like a good mobile solution to me

A lot of people have bright imaginations, or won't do a direct comparison on the same sound pressure or can't and this leads to a lot of different opinions on 2 identical sounding amps. I know for example an dac/amp that you could buy for 30-40€ used that is transparent already and got more than enough power for the arya. I would have proved that to you, if we would live in the same country, because it's a fact.

I don't know the ifi mobile versions yet, but as far as i know there is a bit perfect mode that should in theory sound identical to other transistor amps. But this one i can't say for sure. Just wanted to give the person who asked more options to pick from :)

Jul 11, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #4,177 of 11,868
Singxer SA-1
Thanks Alex. Singxer SA-1 is defiantly in my list. I'm currently station in Japan, Tokyo and I have not been able to audition the Singxer SA-1. Not a lot of reviews out there on the Singxer SA-1, same with the Cayin iHA-6. They do have a used Cayin iHA-6 at e-earphones in Akihabara that I hope to audition this coming Friday with my LCD 2. Same day I should be getting the Arya from Yodobashi Camera....can't wait. I was also looking at the Jott2. I spoke with Shiit customer service regarding the voltage here in Japan (100V, 50 hz) and they advised not to purchase it.

Jul 11, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #4,178 of 11,868
I don't know the ifi mobile versions yet, but as far as i know there is a bit perfect mode that should in theory sound identical to other transistor amps. But this one i can't say for sure. Just wanted to give the person who asked more options to pick from :)
My opinion was not to oppose yours, of course there are other good and maybe better and cheaper options.
@keeney ,you have a section on portable amplifiers on this forum, it requires a little research
I don’t think you need to focus on an amplifier for certain headphones
A lot of people have bright imaginations, or won't do a direct comparison on the same sound pressure or can't and this leads to a lot of different opinions on 2 identical sounding amps. I know for example an dac/amp that you could buy for 30-40€ used that is transparent already and got more than enough power for the arya. I would have proved that to you, if we would live in the same country, because it's a fact.
Do you use that dac / amp, and if not -why not

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #4,179 of 11,868
Not a lot of reviews out there on the Singxer SA-1
Here you go mate:

And a dedicated thread here on Head-Hi: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sin...-fully-discrete-class-a-beyond-thx-888.952074

Jul 11, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #4,180 of 11,868
@T 1000

as long as i haven't tested other options, ii will be impossible for me to say if it's good or not, unless it was measured by someone :)

I am using a portable amp as my daily driver because I can listen everywhere I want. But I kept that cheap dac/amp as a reference and example of something super cheap that can drive more demanding headphones like the arya without any trouble. Can't say anything about IEM's and noise-floor though, not using them.

If it would have to be a desktop version and only to use at the desk in a short distance, I would use said dac/amp, because it's very short and i could just stick it below the desk in front. But if I would need a long cable and leave the place, I would consider something with remote control and because they are bigger, something that looks not too shabby on the desk. It may not be enough just to amp and sound good if you want something eye candy and comfortable to use.

@Iggnasty

the cayin can drive everything out there, even though you will never need that amount of power in any circumstances anyway, and as alex has posted, there is plenty of reviews out there to read or watch. I believe one the downsides was a switch on the bottom?

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #4,181 of 11,868
I'm about to pull the trigger on the new Fix Lab FA-22. It will be around 780 US with shipping and PayPal fees. Any other Class A amp with the same/more power and for the same/less price that you guys would recommend?
I just pull the trigger for the Kinki studio THR-1.. I read a lot of interesting things about this amp... and I decide to order it against Singxer and Jotunheim 2..
Let's see when his arrived the next month.
https://www.kinki-studio.com/thr-1

Jul 11, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #4,182 of 11,868
Yesterday I listened for a moment to Tidal from my Samsung and from Solaris SE, it was pure sound and loud it even had a sound stage, but when I switched to DX 229, then it is clear why more money is allocated
Everything is important, from the quality of the recording, and all the components in the system, the headphones are not omnipotent, although many here expect just that

Jul 11, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #4,184 of 11,868
Here you go mate:

And a dedicated thread here on Head-Hi: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sin...-fully-discrete-class-a-beyond-thx-888.952074

Thanks bro’

Users who are viewing this thread

Back