HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 18, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #3,722 of 11,890
I always thought my Arya was a touch on the warm side of neutral. Of course, I use it only with high current tube amps or high powered hybrid, so maybe that's why.

May 18, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #3,725 of 11,890
Unfortunately I bought my Vio V281 used after I had to return the Arya to its owner. I would like to hear the Arya again on that amp.
I think I understand your problem with the Arya, and I don't think the V281 will master that brightness, it will bring you impressive bass and mass in sound.
I don't think Arya is for you.
A pity

May 18, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #3,726 of 11,890
I think I understand your problem with the Arya, and I don't think the V281 will master that brightness, it will bring you impressive bass and mass in sound.
I don't think Arya is for you.
A pity
I agree it isn't for me AND that that reality is a pity. I liked it while I was able to listen to it. I think the V281 would help the treble. It smooths out the treble on the HekV2, which is the big brother of Arya. Maybe someday...

May 18, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #3,729 of 11,890
Hmmm. The Arya will be a bit more neutral-bright and definitely give you a change-up over HE6se. The HekV2 may very well replace the HE6se as a daily driver but give you improved technicalities.

So I have ordered HEKv2 open box from hifiman… can’t wait to listen to them…

May 18, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #3,730 of 11,890
May 18, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #3,731 of 11,890
Anyone finding the treble to be (too) hot on these?
I’ve been listening for around 15 hours in the last week that I got them but things like female vocals, cymbals, hi-hats etc. sound pretty damn sharp to me.

I had no problems with the HD800S, Auteur and Clear. All of them can be slightly sibilant with hot recordings but the Arya is something else. I tried Oratory’s EQ on them but they can still sound piercing occasionally even in recordings that I know that are recorded really well.
Arya can certainly be bright if you feed it bright music - she's not going to smooth it out for you, she's going to give you back whatever you give her to work with. Fwiw, I do find Arya brighter than HD800S. The graph shows that it's less bright above 10k, but generally brighter from 2k-9k

1621375105615.png

May 20, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #3,735 of 11,890
I've listened to the Arya for at least 150 hours now, while I do love them, there's 2 aspects which I find lacking.

1. Bass shake/slam/hit is underwhelming. They're there, but I wished it'd rumble my entire head, instead of feeling like minor pushes into the eardrum.

2. Soundstage is underwhelming. It feels like it reaches out to roughly 30 cm radius max. While much better than my RE600 IEM which feels like roughly 5 cm, it wasn't the orchestra feeling I was lead to believe.

I had hoped it was because it wasn't burnt-in enoucan be gh, or my brain not adjusted enough, but these 2 aspect remains. I've tried playing around with EQ a bit, it seemed to just make the soundstage even narrower, while making bass louder without increasing the shake. FYI, I'm using Audinist HUD-MX2 with non-balanced cable.
Hi friend. I looked up your amp. You may need more power. I say that because the power spec is not listed for your unit - a DAC/amp combo - and Aryas can be power hungry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back