HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Apr 6, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #3,436 of 11,871
I’m considering buying the Arya. I currently have the HD800s, which I love for detail, soundstage, imaging. The one fault I have with the HD800s’s presentation is that it can ‘fall-apart’ when I play some rock songs - the best way I can describe it is that, the music loses cohesiveness. Maybe others can relate to this (or describe it better). Does the Arya work better for this genre of music or give similar results?
Cheers.
HD800S (which I adore, btw) blows the music out to fill its "bubble of sound". Arya has just as much soundstage capability, but allows the music to fill the space organically, it doesn't force the music to do anything. This results in many cases in the perception of better clarity & detail. Note that IMO Arya's treble is harsher than HD800S, though, so for already bright rock recordings ymmv.

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #3,437 of 11,871
i'm settling on a dac/amp build for the Arya and willing to stretch my budget. i've settled on a Bifrost 2 for the dac but unsure if i should get the Gustard H16 or the Topping A90. any one tried both? i find the Arya tad warmer so i prefer slightly more detail.

Apr 7, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #3,438 of 11,871
i'm settling on a dac/amp build for the Arya and willing to stretch my budget. i've settled on a Bifrost 2 for the dac but unsure if i should get the Gustard H16 or the Topping A90. any one tried both? i find the Arya tad warmer so i prefer slightly more detail.
I went with the Singxer SA-1, but don't have it yet. I too am curious about H16 vs. A90 vs. SA-1.

Apr 7, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #3,439 of 11,871
I went with the Singxer SA-1, but don't have it yet. I too am curious about H16 vs. A90 vs. SA-1.
The Singxer SA-1 seems to be getting great reviews. I was interested in the Singxer SDA-2 at one point.

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #3,440 of 11,871
Not sure about the h16, but your better off with the singxer over the a90

Apr 8, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #3,441 of 11,871
I have the arya and the H16. I have not tried the Arya with an A90 but I have tried it with the A50s and my old Drop LCX. compared to the A50s and LCX, the H16 has just a tad more warmth and gives the low end a "thicker" sound (which I find quite nice). It still retains all of the detail and soundstaging capabilities of the Arya and can definitely recommend it. Its paired with a topping D50s

Apr 9, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #3,442 of 11,871
I have the arya and the H16. I have not tried the Arya with an A90 but I have tried it with the A50s and my old Drop LCX. compared to the A50s and LCX, the H16 has just a tad more warmth and gives the low end a "thicker" sound (which I find quite nice). It still retains all of the detail and soundstaging capabilities of the Arya and can definitely recommend it. Its paired with a topping D50s

Yea i heard the H16 is a warmer sounding amp with heaps of power. do you power yours with the balanced out put? the D50s isn't a balanced dac though. That's the reason i'm swapping it with the Bifrost.

Apr 9, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #3,443 of 11,871
Yea i heard the H16 is a warmer sounding amp with heaps of power. do you power yours with the balanced out put? the D50s isn't a balanced dac though. That's the reason i'm swapping it with the Bifrost.
Yep I run it off the balanced XLR with a Hart audio cable. Yea the D50s is not a balanced DAC but I could not really justify the price increase to go fully balanced stack just yet and I prioritized the Arya and amp first. Maybe one day when i get the itch I’ll get the matching X16 DAC

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #3,444 of 11,871
Yep I run it off the balanced XLR with a Hart audio cable. Yea the D50s is not a balanced DAC but I could not really justify the price increase to go fully balanced stack just yet and I prioritized the Arya and amp first. Maybe one day when i get the itch I’ll get the matching X16 DAC
Great choice... Headphones / Amp first. Then balanced dac sometime later. Honestly with a D50s, I'd probably save up for another set of headphones with a different sound signature you'd want to try over upgrading the DAC. I've upgraded my Modi 3 to a Bifrost 2 and while I can definitely tell a difference and LOVE LOVE the sound coming from the Bifrost, a DAC like the D50s is still a great DAC and you're definitely in the realm of diminishing returns there.

Then again, isn't all audiophile world a game of diminishing returns at some point! :)

Apr 10, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #3,445 of 11,871
At the fiftieth hour of burning.
The clamping force is insane, my jaw hurts after half an hour.
I plugged in 4 pin-Cardas Clear Light, now I'm sorry I didn't buy a full-blooded -Cardas Clear-
These headphones are worth investing in
Also, they are hungry for energy

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2021 at 4:00 AM Post #3,446 of 11,871
At the fiftieth hour of burning.
The clamping force is insane, my jaw hurts after half an hour.
I plugged in 4 pin-Cardas Clear Light, now I'm sorry I didn't buy a full-blooded -Cardas Clear-
These headphones are worth investing in
Also, they are hungry for energy
Maybe you should read my posts back in thread, I've had similar problem with comfort and solved it successfully. Now I can listen Aryas for hours without even touching them.

Apr 12, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #3,447 of 11,871
At 100 hours, everything sounds nice on the iBasso DX 229
Maybe you should read my posts back in thread, I've had similar problem with comfort and solved it successfully. Now I can listen Aryas for hours without even touching them.
I'm interested in how you solved it, but this thread has a lot of posts, it would be helpful for you to refer me at least to the period when you gave the statement
thank you

Apr 12, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #3,448 of 11,871

Users who are viewing this thread

Back