HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Apr 13, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #3,451 of 11,873
OK, I understand , when I got them I tried bending the bridge, it probably takes action with more confidence
I've bend it in a few steps to no overdone it. Now it is perfect for me. Enjoying Arya a lot!

Apr 13, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #3,452 of 11,873
Hmmm, it will take me a while to figure out what you actually did.
Thank you for engagement
BTW I like your BT invention
Thank you, I like to listen while moving around house :) I've "opened/relaxed" headband by bending out left and right "corner". I've put my hands on headband put my thumbs on "corner" and opened it a bit and again with another side. Tricky part is to do it evenly on both sides. I've done it in few steps.

Apr 13, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #3,453 of 11,873
I've bend it in a few steps to no overdone it. Now it is perfect for me. Enjoying Arya a lot!
Arya have great potential. On DAP they have clear sound with good resolution, but on a stationary system -Pegasus-> BHA-1-sound is a holograph with a lot of detail and smooth movement of sounds in an endless scene. I have the impression that Arya can realistically display a lot better equipment than mine.
Thank you, I like to listen while moving around house :) I've "opened/relaxed" headband by bending out left and right "corner". I've put my hands on headband put my thumbs on "corner" and opened it a bit and again with another side. Tricky part is to do it evenly on both sides. I've done it in few steps.
The fear of failure was for no reason, the bridge was made of 0.4 mm thick steel strip (it seems to me), and most importantly, bending helps.
I will copy your invention for my Arya, I like the idea of moving around the house and enjoying the terrace, without having to carry a DAP.
What is the sound quality and does it decrease with increasing distance from the source?

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #3,454 of 11,873
Anyone try feeding these from a vintage speaker amp? :ksc75smile:

Apr 14, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #3,455 of 11,873
Hey guys, I bought the Arya very recently and it sounds very good, but the only problem is s sounds are quite harsh to my ears, and I'm not sure if it's due to my amp (Feliks Echo, probably not the best pairing I know but it's the only thing I've got apart from a Magni/Modi stack). My Meze 99 Neos also sound a little harsh with s sounds but it's not quite as bad, so I'm thinking it might possibly be bad synergy or something but not entirely sure. I owned an Atticus a little while back and there was absolutely no harshness. Any ideas? Or any suggestions for amps that are supposed to pair well with Arya while eliminating any harshness?

Apr 14, 2021 at 3:57 AM Post #3,456 of 11,873
Hey guys, I bought the Arya very recently and it sounds very good, but the only problem is s sounds are quite harsh to my ears, and I'm not sure if it's due to my amp (Feliks Echo, probably not the best pairing I know but it's the only thing I've got apart from a Magni/Modi stack). My Meze 99 Neos also sound a little harsh with s sounds but it's not quite as bad, so I'm thinking it might possibly be bad synergy or something but not entirely sure. I owned an Atticus a little while back and there was absolutely no harshness. Any ideas? Or any suggestions for amps that are supposed to pair well with Arya while eliminating any harshness?
I'm not familiar with that amp but burn in has a very real effect on the Aryas for me. When I first got it (brand new) it was a pretty sharp in the treble. Now it's still a bright headphone overall but not too sharp or harsh. The difference to me was profound after even just 30 hours of pink noise. Now the Aryas are only harsh oh the treble to me during poorly mastered recordings

Apr 14, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #3,457 of 11,873
Arya have great potential. On DAP they have clear sound with good resolution, but on a stationary system -Pegasus-> BHA-1-sound is a holograph with a lot of detail and smooth movement of sounds in an endless scene. I have the impression that Arya can realistically display a lot better equipment than mine.

The fear of failure was for no reason, the bridge was made of 0.4 mm thick steel strip (it seems to me), and most importantly, bending helps.
I will copy your invention for my Arya, I like the idea of moving around the house and enjoying the terrace, without having to carry a DAP.
What is the sound quality and does it decrease with increasing distance from the source?
Hi, SQ is very good for device of this form factor :) ( here is more info: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...qudelix-5k-bluetooth-dac-headphone-amp.17386/ ) just make sure you have enabled high power mode 4VRMS. I've no desktop reference system to compare. :frowning2:

I'm very interested in comparsion with your stationary system. :)

BT receptions is OK to me, I'm streaming form LG V30 which is my dedicated DAP with BT 5.0/LDAC and manually set LDAC to high SQ (909/990kB/s) every time in dev. options. 10m distance in direct sight or one wall between is OK without drops, but YMMV.

Apr 14, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #3,458 of 11,873
Be patient, burn in is real for new Arya set. After more than 50h of listening sound settled for me.

Apr 14, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #3,459 of 11,873
Anyone try feeding these from a vintage speaker amp? :ksc75smile:
Interesting question :) I've Onkyo Integra A-8850 (half vintage :) and want to know how it compares to dedicated HP amps. I'm wondering if ti make sense to make speaker tap vs connecting directly to HP output of the amp? Lack of output power to drive Arya shouldn't be the issue here. :)

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #3,460 of 11,873
Interesting question :) I've Onkyo Integra A-8850 (half vintage :) and want to know how it compares to dedicated HP amps. I'm wondering if ti make sense to make speaker tap vs connecting directly to HP output of the amp? Lack of output power to drive Arya shouldn't be the issue here. :)

I run most of my headphones from the speaker taps (HE-6SE, HD800S, LCD-2C) and from experience can hear the improvement in sound vs the headphone out, especially on newer speaker amps that use opamps and not dropping resistors from the amp.

Apr 14, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #3,461 of 11,873
I run most of my headphones from the speaker taps (HE-6SE, HD800S, LCD-2C) and from experience can hear the improvement in sound vs the headphone out, especially on newer speaker amps that use opamps and not dropping resistors from the amp.
What speaker tap do you use if I can ask. Something like this? https://robrobinette.com/RobinetteBox.htm
Thank you!

Apr 14, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #3,462 of 11,873
Hi, SQ is very good for device of this form factor :) ( here is more info: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...qudelix-5k-bluetooth-dac-headphone-amp.17386/ ) just make sure you have enabled high power mode 4VRMS. I've no desktop reference system to compare. :frowning2:

I'm very interested in comparsion with your stationary system. :)

BT receptions is OK to me, I'm streaming form LG V30 which is my dedicated DAP with BT 5.0/LDAC and manually set LDAC to high SQ (909/990kB/s) every time in dev. options. 10m distance in direct sight or one wall between is OK without drops, but YMMV.
There is no doubt that 5K is a capable small device. How would you describe comparing Arya +5K in relation to your Amiron

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #3,463 of 11,873
What music are you using to judge? It could be, as many have mentioned already, a burn in or synergy issue, but not for nothing in my experience Arya is very unforgiving of bright and/or poorly mastered music. Arya is inherently bright and extremely fast & resolving, so it's going to show you every detail of whatever you put into it, for better or for worse. Tbh, I don't enjoy most modern pop/rock on Arya, it's just too harsh and bright and loud. I find Arya works best with electronica, where powerful dynamics & shiny highs are part of the appeal, and jazz, where the mastering is typically excellent.

Also, the Echo probably doesn't have enough current to drive Arya to its max potential, which could result in a loose presentation where some dynamics stand out where they wouldn't with better power enabling Arya to control things. Are you getting any better results on solid state?

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 1:22 AM Post #3,464 of 11,873
I personally don't find Arya bright. far from it. the treble is toned down and slightly rolled off on the top. it really depends on which Cans you previous own and compared it to. A bright headphones would be something like the HD800s and K1000 with super high resolution that pairs really well with tubes. Even comparing with the Ananda there is a treble spike on the Ananda which might be fatiguing with some genre of music but Arya has eliminated that. i'm running it with a very clinical bright Topping D50S/A50S stack while i wait for my Bifrost2 and Gustard combo to arrive, i can listen to it for hours.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #3,465 of 11,873
There is no doubt that 5K is a capable small device. How would you describe comparing Arya +5K in relation to your Amiron
:wink: tough question, I use Amirons only for video calls and PC video listening now as they are closed back and block family noise a bit. They are good HPs but nothing to compare to Arya+5k combo, maybe bass impact is little bit better, but has resonances in closed chassis.

I can compare sound of Ananda BT to Arya+5k as this was my last HP set for music, booth connected with LDAC 990k.

First I must state that I'm listening to music on a moderate SPL, on AnandaBT it was 60-70% max. and with Arya+5k is android volume set to 11(of 16) and 5k volume to -10dB (678mV). Sound from Arya+5k is more analog like with less harshness and better controlled bass and treble, overall it is smoother. That is main difference. Soundstage is more precious but in terms of space dimensions they are close together, maybe this is limited by provided amp power. Instument separation and localization is a tad better on 5k. I think Aryas are clearly limited by 5k here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back