HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Mar 8, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #3,241 of 11,913
I bought Arya open-box from Hifiman online store during their Chinese new year sale, so "only" $1,244 after the double discounts, and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. Honestly if someone told me it's brand new I would have believed.

P.S. their shipping/regional availability description is not always accurate - the website said the item is only available in the US/Canada, but I took the chance and placed my order from the UK and received it 2 weeks later (would have been 1 week if not for the Chinese new year).
So it shipped from China, and not the US? Their English store.hifiman.com site has a New Jersey phone number, so I was wondering if they distribute from there, too.
Great to know yours was like new; I have high hopes that these 'open box' versions are just inventory reductions.

Mar 8, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #3,242 of 11,913
Hello, just ordered the arya new here in Italy. Tomorrow should be here. A question about cable, better full silver or full copper aftermarket snake? (xlr to a90 or 887)

Mar 8, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #3,243 of 11,913
So it shipped from China, and not the US? Their English store.hifiman.com site has a New Jersey phone number, so I was wondering if they distribute from there, too.
Great to know yours was like new; I have high hopes that these 'open box' versions are just inventory reductions.
Mine was shipped from China directly, but apparently they have warehouse in the US/EU so they will probably ship from local warehouse if possible. Their phone number is redirected to China I believe, not 100% sure though.

Honestly if all their open box units are like the one I received, I will never pay the full price of Hifiman products ever again lol. Of course I could be just lucky this one time.

Mar 8, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #3,244 of 11,913
I also bought my Arya's open-box during the Chinese New Years sale. My set had every appearance of being brand new. The box had prior shipping marks from China but was mailed from NY via UPS.

Mar 8, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #3,246 of 11,913
I was wondering if anyone’s tried pairing Arya with the Pathos Aurium amp - it’s on the shortlist for upgrading my amp as I think a hybrid could be the way to go. Looks like it has enough power but I’m wondering if anyone has any impression of the sound.
Can't help you with the sound of that exact amp but I am running the Arya and Schiit Mjolnir 2 with some awesome NOS tubes and it pairs very well with the Arya.

Mar 8, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #3,247 of 11,913
Can't help you with the sound of that exact amp but I am running the Arya and Schiit Mjolnir 2 with some awesome NOS tubes and it pairs very well with the Arya.
The Pathos looks amazing, and a bit like a camp stove:
Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 23.10.18.png

I am torn between the Mjolnir and that balanced Flux Labs amp......

Mar 8, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #3,248 of 11,913
Mar 8, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #3,249 of 11,913
Mar 8, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #3,250 of 11,913
I was wondering if anyone’s tried pairing Arya with the Pathos Aurium amp - it’s on the shortlist for upgrading my amp as I think a hybrid could be the way to go. Looks like it has enough power but I’m wondering if anyone has any impression of the sound.
I was very much tempted to get it but decided on Jot2+Valh2 for my cans. The reason being, pre outputs are not controlled by the volume pot and I really dislike its SMPS.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #3,251 of 11,913
The Pathos looks amazing, and a bit like a camp stove:
Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 23.10.18.png

I am torn between the Mjolnir and that balanced Flux Labs amp......
There's a Schiit Mjolnir 2 on B stock right now for cheaper. I got mine that way and it blew me away. My listening to head amps is limited, Schiit Asgard 2, SMSL, Topping, so I can't give you the best advice. However, I'm in love with the Mjolnir. Out of all of my audio equipment, it is my second favorite item I own. It is musical and makes every headphone sound so fantastic.

Mar 8, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #3,252 of 11,913
My Ananda open box that arrived last week also looked brand new.

I love Ananda's signature, I think it has a simply perfect balance.

How does Arya improve Ananda?

Sometimes I read that it's a total upgrade, other times someone who prefers Ananda. And sometimes I read that it has a brighter sound and others that it has a warmer sound.

I'm confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back