HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Feb 26, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #3,211 of 11,880
In my experience, the cushioning of the Serenity Pads for my Arya v2's were considerably stiffer than the Ultrapads for my Arya v1's; I received the v2 after RMA'ing my v1's for a fee (my fault). I obtained another pair of Ultrapads from Hifiman and thankfully the comfort was the same as the one's from my old v1's. The Serenity pads were unbearable to wear and caused jaw pain for me. The Ultrapads, on the other hand, are supremely comfortable and I could wear them all day, YMMV. All I had to do was to cut out the dust cloth from the Ultrapads (the v2 already has a dust cloth covering the drivers).
Thank you! Mine Arya is V2 and maybe that it is. I wanted to try my used Anandas pads on Arya, but they doesnt fit. :frowning2: All reviewers considered Arya as very comfortable even super comfy so I've not worried about this before purchase and after excellent experience with Ananda BT that I can listen for hours and I forget that I've HP on my head. :frowning2: Maybe I can bend/straighten head bridge a little to weaken that clamping force, but I'm afraid of damage of 2 day old Arya....

Feb 26, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #3,212 of 11,880
Thank you! Mine Arya is V2 and maybe that it is. I wanted to try my used Anandas pads on Arya, but they doesnt fit. :frowning2: All reviewers considered Arya as very comfortable even super comfy so I've not worried about this before purchase and after excellent experience with Ananda BT that I can listen for hours and I forget that I've HP on my head. :frowning2: Maybe I can bend/straighten head bridge a little to weaken that clamping force, but I'm afraid of damage of 2 day old Arya....
Hmmm, I do recall that the Ultrapads (same pads used the v1 Anandas, HEX v2, and HEK v2) had a little trouble fitting at first, but I managed to do it. The clips did require a little bit of finessing to snap into their holes. Just take note of which clips are the problematic ones, insert those in first, and be patient when trying to snap the other ones in without overdoing it. I don't know what pads that the Ananda BT uses (does it come with a dust cloth attached?) and I wouldn't recommend bending the head bridge (believe me, I've tried).

Feb 26, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #3,215 of 11,880
Shipped them off just now, wanted to insure them but insuring Aryas at their retail price would require a signature and it clearly says not to require shipping when RMA'ing, so now here's to hoping it gets there without issues, had to only put $500 worth. Other then that, so far so good from the Hifiman team :] Better support now then back when I had bought the original HE-400's in 2012 for sure.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #3,216 of 11,880
Hmmm, I do recall that the Ultrapads (same pads used the v1 Anandas, HEX v2, and HEK v2) had a little trouble fitting at first, but I managed to do it. The clips did require a little bit of finessing to snap into their holes. Just take note of which clips are the problematic ones, insert those in first, and be patient when trying to snap the other ones in without overdoing it. I don't know what pads that the Ananda BT uses (does it come with a dust cloth attached?) and I wouldn't recommend bending the head bridge (believe me, I've tried).
Hi, why don't you recommend head bridge bending on Arya? You was not able to bend it or you was and it didn't helped? Or have you damaged it by bending? :frowning2: I was able to fit one earpad (half way) from Ananda BT on Arya to observe differences. It was better but not perfect. ;( I think Anada Bt has the comfort pads, photo attached, what do you think? They didn't look that different to me aside attached dust mesh. Thank you very much!
20210228_092845.jpg

20210228_092815.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #3,217 of 11,880
Hi, why don't you recommend head bridge bending on Arya? You was not able to bend it or you was and it didn't helped? Or have you damaged it by bending? :frowning2: I was able to fit one earpad (half way) from Ananda BT on Arya to observe differences. It was better but not perfect. ;( I think Anada Bt has the comfort pads, photo attached, what do you think? They didn't look that different to me aside attached dust mesh. Thank you very much!
Hi, personally, when I bent them just slightly I noticed how that the top portion of the pads were catching the underside of the gimbal more. Too much of it catching will block the pad from swinging laterally, which may lead to the situation that I kind of have with a HE-560 headband with the formation of pressure against your temple. I wear the comfort strap three clicks from the bottom. All of this is from personal experience, so YMMV.

As for the Ananda BT, it is clear that there are more holes provided on the Ananda-BT to secure its pads. In other words, the Ananda-BT pads have more clips, which make them unsuitable for your Arya's. I just checked the clip configuration of the Ultrapad that is on my Arya v2's and it is the same as the stock Arya v2's pads pictured in your post.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #3,218 of 11,880
My pair of Arya's has a dark cloth-like mesh over the driver so does that mean it's the 2 revision?

I've heard the original ones had a metal mesh covering the driver which mine do not. Either way they sound great but it's weird that Hifiman keeps doing small changes to some of their headphones and not say anything about it even when the sound signature changes. I think it's good they're always looking to improve their products but I feel like they should say so especially when that change is to the sound of the headphones no matter how small the change may be.

Mar 2, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #3,219 of 11,880
My pair of Arya's has a dark cloth-like mesh over the driver so does that mean it's the 2 revision?

I've heard the original ones had a metal mesh covering the driver which mine do not. Either way they sound great but it's weird that Hifiman keeps doing small changes to some of their headphones and not say anything about it even when the sound signature changes. I think it's good they're always looking to improve their products but I feel like they should say so especially when that change is to the sound of the headphones no matter how small the change may be.
I'm not sure if Hifiman withheld the fact there was a revision (did they?). Their website certainly makes it clear its the version with the dust covers. I agree though, if there are appreciable changes to sound signature people need to know as quite a few reviews are based on Arya v1. On that note, I have v1 and have been very pleased indeed.

Pairs brilliantly with the Jot2 and suprisingly well with the portable ifi Signature DAC/AMP.

Mar 4, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #3,220 of 11,880

Joshua valour is a huge fan of the Arya and personally prefers the original set over the revised set, others have stated the same. I can’t imagine the difference being a big one, however, Joshua has went as far as cutting out the outside mesh from the newer version and using them completely open. So he may beg to differ lol

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #3,221 of 11,880
Joshua valour is a huge fan of the Arya and personally prefers the original set over the revised set, others have stated the same. I can’t imagine the difference being a big one, however, Joshua has went as far as cutting out the outside mesh from the newer version and using them completely open. So he may beg to differ lol
Not that we should blindly trust the manufacturer, but the owner of Hifiman explicitly stated that they have tested (objectively and by listening) both and found no difference.

Mar 4, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #3,222 of 11,880
Not that we should blindly trust the manufacturer, but the owner of Hifiman explicitly stated that they have tested (objectively and by listening) both and found no difference.
Yea I seen them state that also, but you would think that after customer feedback they’d go back to original design. Also I want to add that when I got my first set of Arya’s I noticed that the drivers didn’t look the same, one of the drivers looked completely smooth and flush while the other had quite a few crinkles in it, and upon doing a driver matching test I noticed there was an imbalance around 4-5k (maybe higher)...anyhow, hifiman took really good care of me and replaced it with a fresh model that has drivers that look exactly alike. Made me think maybe they want people to stop looking at the drivers lol being how the majority of us audiophiles are OCD and all lol

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #3,223 of 11,880
Hello, I am interested in the Arya, but evaluating a ZMF aeolus or verite and the clear (or the new clear pro mg). After reading about everything about them I am more oriented on the arya. I would like to know your opinions on the matching with my dac/amps. D90+A90 and RME adi dac2fs alone or in couple with the thx 887. I want to listen more opinions possible before triggering an expensive toy. Used mostly for classical, female singers and power metal. Consider that I do not like much the AeonC (a bit thin for my tastes and it is on sale atm) that uses similar technology so maybe arya could be a mistake?
Any hint will be very appreciated.
Thank you

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #3,224 of 11,880
Hello, I am interested in the Arya, but evaluating a ZMF aeolus or verite and the clear (or the new clear pro mg). After reading about everything about them I am more oriented on the arya. I would like to know your opinions on the matching with my dac/amps. D90+A90 and RME adi dac2fs alone or in couple with the thx 887. I want to listen more opinions possible before triggering an expensive toy. Used mostly for classical, female singers and power metal. Consider that I do not like much the AeonC (a bit thin for my tastes and it is on sale atm) that uses similar technology so maybe arya could be a mistake?
Thank you
You are asking questions that only you can answer 😄 Arya is a great headphone and I don't think you'll make mistake by getting it. Open, detailed with good low frequency reproduction. I would say most suitable for classical orchestral and choral music. Comparing to LCD-2F however, it does not have as much body to the notes, nor LF impact. On LCD-2F HF are somewhat recessed, details are still present but pulled into background. So LCD-2F is "better" for female vocals and rock music.

For electronics, I think you'll be better served buy Schiit stack Jot2+Modius or Bitf2 if your budget allows. But A90+D90 is a good option too if you like the sound that is extremely clean and analytical. Very attractive at first but it gets somewhat tiring after a while. But that is probably my own bias.

Mar 6, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #3,225 of 11,880
Thank you
As far as the Arya goes, it’s a really well rounded headphone. Some say it can be bright and while I kind of agree, it’s really rare that I find it bright. When you think of a headphone checklist (i.e bass, mids, treble, image, soundstage...etc) you’ll be hard pressed to find a set with more checks than the Arya, while other headphones can do certain things better, you get a satisfying amount of EVERYTHING with the Arya. As far as dac/amp combos go, I have the RME and 887, the RME is a bit too sterile on its own and I know the 887 is known to be similar in its presentation but i swear it’s a bit smoother and more lush to my ears. Great thing about the RME tho is the onboard EQ if your into that type of stuff, it works really well. Anyhow, hope this helps, Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back