HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Feb 16, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #3,138 of 11,881
New arrival!

arya1.jpg

Open box came in today, looks pretty close to brand new. So far it's met my expectations. I wanted a headphone with great separation and it delivered. Something I didn't expect was that such level of imaging can be slightly disorienting on songs with complex layering. On one song I was forced to stop everything I was doing and just sit down, close my eyes and listen. I can see this being the headphone I'll go to when I just want that pure music experience.

arya2.jpg
arya3.jpg
what date have you placed your order? I'm still waiting for my Arya to arrive. :frowning2: thx.

Feb 16, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #3,140 of 11,881
Feb 16, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #3,141 of 11,881
Just because the Arya thread needs more pics.
Still getting to know this headphone. I don't have a proper amp yet, waiting for the arrival of a schiit Vali-2.

arya4sm.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #3,142 of 11,881
I have the Schiit Mjolnir 2 with some NOS tubes and it really sings, as long as it is balanced. I would recommend Hifiman just ditch supplying the 1/4." Until I got the balanced cable, I wasn't going to keep these headphones. I think Arya hits the sweet spot for those who listen to Orchestral music as well as many other genres. My one gripe about the HD800s was vocal placement (well, that, and comfort). I feel the Arya demonstrates much better placement of vocals than the Hd800s. However, the 800s are masters of dense, layered, music. The Arya does well enough for my enjoyment of those genres! I'm still not completely finished breaking them in and getting used to them.

Feb 16, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #3,143 of 11,881
any advice for cleaning debris off the screens and the inside of the pad? Dont want to push anything through

Feb 16, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #3,144 of 11,881
I have the Schiit Mjolnir 2 with some NOS tubes and it really sings, as long as it is balanced. I would recommend Hifiman just ditch supplying the 1/4." Until I got the balanced cable, I wasn't going to keep these headphones. I think Arya hits the sweet spot for those who listen to Orchestral music as well as many other genres. My one gripe about the HD800s was vocal placement (well, that, and comfort). I feel the Arya demonstrates much better placement of vocals than the Hd800s. However, the 800s are masters of dense, layered, music. The Arya does well enough for my enjoyment of those genres! I'm still not completely finished breaking them in and getting used to them.
Cool ,I'll have to listen to some orchestral music now. Yeah I am finding that these headphones are sensitive to vocal placement in alignment with how they were recorded and mixed.

Feb 16, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #3,146 of 11,881
Have been listening to the Arya for the past 2 days. So far, very impressive, it sounds better than what I heard at Canjam last year, probably due to source gear and amplification and noisy floor etc. With my Auteur, I don't really think it's worth investing any more into headphone in foreseeable future for me. I can tallk about the difference between Arya and Auteur if anyone wants to hear.
Image_20210216224225.jpg

Feb 16, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #3,147 of 11,881
Please do. I'm all ears. 😄

Feb 16, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #3,148 of 11,881
Long story short, sound wise, Arya has better technicality than Auteur, whilst Auteur has more enjoyable frequency response and musicality. Other factors, such as build quality, are quite self-evidence.

Long story: Arya has much better soundstage, horizontally and vertically, and separation. Detail retrieval is also slightly better on the Arya compared to Auteur. For the Arya, it’s like you are in a larger hall where each instrument has better space to each other, and the transitions between instruments are more natural. For Auteur, it definitely feels a bit more blended. However, Auteur has better slam and punch, and a bit more reverby. In comparison, Arya is faster and a tad dry, you can also call it better control, it’s a preference thing.
In frequency response, the bass of the Arya goes much deeper and has better texture compared to Auteur. it’s very satisfying. The mid range is where Auteur shines. Auteur has the mid range similar to the HD650’s, but more detailed and clearer. Arya’s mid range is a bit far away and not as engaging. Arya is also brighter, as the “s” sound is more piercing. Auteur is so damn neutral that requires 0 eq from me. Overall, I would listen to orchestral(not symphonies) and instrumental music(Jazz. bop) with the Arya, and symphonies, OST, vocals with Auteur.

Feb 17, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #3,149 of 11,881
Long story short, sound wise, Arya has better technicality than Auteur, whilst Auteur has more enjoyable frequency response and musicality. Other factors, such as build quality, are quite self-evidence.

Long story: Arya has much better soundstage, horizontally and vertically, and separation. Detail retrieval is also slightly better on the Arya compared to Auteur. For the Arya, it’s like you are in a larger hall where each instrument has better space to each other, and the transitions between instruments are more natural. For Auteur, it definitely feels a bit more blended. However, Auteur has better slam and punch, and a bit more reverby. In comparison, Arya is faster and a tad dry, you can also call it better control, it’s a preference thing.
In frequency response, the bass of the Arya goes much deeper and has better texture compared to Auteur. it’s very satisfying. The mid range is where Auteur shines. Auteur has the mid range similar to the HD650’s, but more detailed and clearer. Arya’s mid range is a bit far away and not as engaging. Arya is also brighter, as the “s” sound is more piercing. Auteur is so damn neutral that requires 0 eq from me. Overall, I would listen to orchestral(not symphonies) and instrumental music(Jazz. bop) with the Arya, and symphonies, OST, vocals with Auteur.

Yeah, Arya needs those peaks EQ'd. Although HIFIMAN's large soundstage presentation is quite unique so overall I think owning Arya and something from ZMF, like VC, is a good choice

Feb 18, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #3,150 of 11,881
Everything in place... only Arya is missing. :frowning2:
20210218_123239.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back