HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jul 27, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #4,413 of 11,868
Why micro iDSD Signature, when xduoo XD-05 is cheaper?
Why would a person who bought $6000 headphones be worried about the price of their dac/amp? Wouldnt they just buy the one that can best drive it according to their taste?

Jul 27, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #4,414 of 11,868
There's no dealers here in San Diego area that have these high end headphones to try out. I had the Arya last year, but returned it. So now I'm just wondering how's the Clear sound. People told me the Clear has narrow soundstage compare to the Arya, but how narrow? if it's not by much, i would prob just go with the Clear, but if it's a lot then I won't.
Hi, I own both, they are both really good but I prefer the Arya in most cases. The difference in soundstage is drastic. Also - for me at least - the Arya is more comfortable on the head (significantly lighter and _really_ generous earcups) Hope this helps with you decision.

Jul 28, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #4,416 of 11,868
Why micro iDSD Signature, when xduoo XD-05 is cheaper?

For review, wanted to know if they sound different and if not, what it has to offer otherwise. Impressive device. Very clean, well build, and has a lot of power. They can easily handle the susvara with or without EQ and on the top very quiet source. It's Endgame for SS for literally any headphone because of IE Match/Power.

The xduoo can handle the Susvara as well, but in some cases, quiet source+EQ together it could be not enough for some people. The Signature can output a few db more :beerchug:

Why would a person who bought $6000 headphones be worried about the price of their dac/amp? Wouldnt they just buy the one that can best drive it according to their taste?

It's not mine. I asked Ifi Audio, if i could get a unit for a review because i'm more interested in mobile DAC/AMP's since they are so powerful and feature-packed lately.

Common sense

I buy what i need or want, even though i don't need it.

Hifiman Susvara

Alright, now that i have heard them quite some hours and they were already burned in (not new), i have to say, they are way more balanced compared to the Arya and surprisingly got punch and slam. The tonal balance really feels round, no edges, just very smooth in all areas without any downside really, it's almost flawless. To me, it sounds like they tried to please everyone. The imagining and separation are pretty wide, precise, and separated very well, you can hear the locations of instruments and voices maintain to be very present, even though blending into the soundstage. But that tallness from the Arya is gone or not as present, which i really liked a lot.

In my opinion it's technically superior compared to the Arya, well balanced, nowhere near sibilant, never fatiguing, not shouty and got more punch and slam, so works for rocks as well, not only songwriter, jazz oder classic.

Not sure if it's an upgrade for anyone who loves their Arya though because of the sparkle treble, because the susvara sounds very different.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #4,421 of 11,868
Hifiman Susvara

Alright, now that i have heard them quite some hours and they were already burned in (not new), i have to say, they are way more balanced compared to the Arya and surprisingly got punch and slam. The tonal balance really feels round, no edges, just very smooth in all areas without any downside really, it's almost flawless. To me, it sounds like they tried to please everyone. The imagining and separation are pretty wide, precise, and separated very well, you can hear the locations of instruments and voices maintain to be very present, even though blending into the soundstage. But that tallness from the Arya is gone or not as present, which i really liked a lot.

In my opinion it's technically superior compared to the Arya, well balanced, nowhere near sibilant, never fatiguing, not shouty and got more punch and slam, so works for rocks as well, not only songwriter, jazz oder classic.

Not sure if it's an upgrade for anyone who loves their Arya though because of the sparkle treble, because the susvara sounds very different.
Interesting impression,

Jul 28, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #4,422 of 11,868
Hi, I own both, they are both really good but I prefer the Arya in most cases. The difference in soundstage is drastic. Also - for me at least - the Arya is more comfortable on the head (significantly lighter and _really_ generous earcups) Hope this helps with you decision.
Hey man thx for the infos. What DAC and AMP were you using with the Arya?

Jul 28, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #4,423 of 11,868
You're welcome!

--> RME ADI-2 DAC FS + Topping A90 Amp. (using the 4-pin XLR cable that came with the Focal Clears)

The good thing about the Focal is... You can use them with a mobile DAC easily. Ignoring to look like an complete idiot I already went for some walks with the Clear connected to a Qudelix 5K... I think this would not work with the Arya (never tried)

Jul 28, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #4,424 of 11,868
Interesting impression,

I have heard a lot of cans lately, many of them with eq as well and i would say the susvara is one of the most refined sounding ones because it never makes any mistakes, is smooth in the whole bandwith and got some big soundstage as well. Its like going to the restaurant and you get asked, what your favourite food is and you get them all served on one plate and somehow its delicious.

It doesn't mean that anyone will like it, because its far too balanced or because that person is listening in 1 genre mainly.

You're welcome!

--> RME ADI-2 DAC FS + Topping A90 Amp. (using the 4-pin XLR cable that came with the Focal Clears)

The good thing about the Focal is... You can use them with a mobile DAC easily. Ignoring to look like an complete idiot I already went for some walks with the Clear connected to a Qudelix 5K... I think this would not work with the Arya (never tried)

You can drive the arya with the 5K just fine, it got enough power. Only troublemaker could be EQ + quiet source combined like orchestral/classic songs. Didn't have the time to try that out. You should be totally fine, if eq is not your thing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back