HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jun 29, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #4,067 of 11,868
Does anyone have any suggestions for replacement pads? I use my Aryas almost daily since been working from home and the fabric is coming loose on the cups and gets annoying rubbing up against my ears. Almost to the point of gluing the fabric back down.

Pic of what I'm referring to.
IMG_2436.jpg
Hi there, sorry to hear that. Could you please email us at customerservice@hifiman.com so that we can look into what’s happened and to see how we can help?

Thank you!

Best regards,
April

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jun 29, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #4,069 of 11,868
I would avoid using the Aryas for electronic music, as it's not the best headphone for dynamics and impact. Frequency response curves, won't tell you this. Audeze LCD-X (a bit less money) or LCD-3 (a bit more money) have them beat there, due to the size of the magnets. Arya will beat the Audeze headphones in detail (heard by me as textures in bass guitars, and not so much electronic instruments). Electronic instruments played through LCD-3s (which I just sold) like on Bjork, U2's The Joshua Tree, or The Crystal Method recordings, had sounded as heavy as I've heard with any headphone (that's what you get in return for the weight). I have never underpowered any headphone I've had, and use a Benchmark DAC.
Agreed. Slam and impact is not shown on a frequency response graph, but attack and decay graph rather

Jun 30, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #4,070 of 11,868
Hi,

I just bought the Arya today! It's kind of a blind purchase, because I never heard them before. But I know my taste in headphoness because I had a LOT of them.
My favorite headphone is actually the HD800S, and I actually really liked an LCD-2F I had before.

If I understand correctly, the Arya is somewhere bewteen those two: little smaller soundstage than the HD800S, but more depth and WAY deeper sound and bass?

Jun 30, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #4,071 of 11,868
Any mods for the Arya? New pads, etc?

Jun 30, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #4,072 of 11,868
I recommend Schiit Lyr 3 amp with Aryas. Throw there some good old 6SN7 (Sylvania 6SN7W metal base is the best choice for me) and the tone will be very lush, still articulate and lively with nice bell-like but smooth highs.

My new acquired Aryas are significantly smoother and bigger sounding now after 80 hours of use. Great tone.
Hello, new to the forum, but I concur with this suggestion. Lyr3 works very well for me with the Aryas.

Jun 30, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #4,073 of 11,868
Agreed. Slam and impact is not shown on a frequency response graph, but attack and decay graph rather
What Arya lacks in slam it makes up for in extension and control. It's like having the world's cleanest subwoofer right on your head.

Jun 30, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #4,074 of 11,868
How can I control the treble on the Aryas? Too bright for me. Using Chord TT2 with Warm Filter.

Jun 30, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #4,075 of 11,868
How can I control the treble on the Aryas? Too bright for me. Using Chord TT2 with Warm Filter.
Perhaps try a hybrid tube amp. The warm coloration from the tube(s) combined with the higher power from hybrid design works in my experience.

Jun 30, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #4,076 of 11,868
Perhaps try a hybrid tube amp. The warm coloration from the tube(s) combined with the higher power from hybrid design works in my experience.
Which one are you using?

Jul 1, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #4,077 of 11,868
Which one are you using?
Schiit Lyr 3 with CV-181-Z tube. I also tried the Arya on an OPT tube amp (Tor Audio Balanced). Not quite enough power delivery for Aryas from the Tor and the tubes slowed the delivery/urgency of the Aryas down a bit much. The added power of the Lyr strikes a good amount of tube smoothing without the negatives. I’m sourcing both amps via Bifrost2 DAC which is similarly pretty mellow but clear.

Jul 1, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #4,078 of 11,868
I would get the FR curve, and EQ down the treble rise first, making them match the Harman curve, before going any further. Your amp and DAC are ruthlessly revealing. A tube amp will give you a warmer sound, but less resolution. I had found Aryas to be nowhere near as fatiguing as Focal's Clears.

Jul 1, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #4,079 of 11,868
Hi, little OT, but I cant decide which one XLR interconnect should I take:
Schiit Audio PYST XLR
or
Topping TCX1-25
I've ordered Gustard X26pro and need to connect it to Gustard H20, hope I'll hear Aryas full potential now. Thank you!

Jul 1, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #4,080 of 11,868
Hi, little OT, but I cant decide which one XLR interconnect should I take:
Schiit Audio PYST XLR
or
Topping TCX1-25
I've ordered Gustard X26pro and need to connect it to Gustard H20, hope I'll hear Aryas full potential now. Thank you!
I’m very new to this forum but I’ve learned by observation not to touch cable questions with a ten foot pole. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back