HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jun 23, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #4,036 of 11,883
I have arya now maybe for 10-11 months I think iam very sensitive to treble and highs even I can here the sibilance in my car speakers lol omg(my own car was much better but now I have my friend car and couldn't raise the volume because of the sibilance). really I want to enjoy music it is hard now for me when it comes to vocals and iam afraid wasting money in new amp and having the same issue.
I am sensitive to tremble and after using great and detailed high end headphones that would make me uncomfortable, I understood that high end is not for me... I use great sounding dark mid range headphones and I just love it. I might miss details, air etc but I enjoy the music... So my advice would be to try darker headphones with less detail if you are sensitive to tremble.

Jun 23, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #4,037 of 11,883
Most of the advice here seems to be to buy a new amp to fix the problem when the problem is that you don't like your headphone. A new amp isn't going to change Arya's tonality. The difference between the sound on A90 vs Burson Soloist or V550 is going to be like 5% at most. You've really got 2 options: EQ or get a new headphone. We've all been there - bought a headphone that we loved and first, then kinda liked, then eventually we realize we really don't like it after all. Blowing money on a new amp isn't going to fix that.

Sometimes in this hobby I feel like we get so caught up in minutiae that we miss the obvious solution. If your problem is that you don't like the way your headphones sound, get new headphones.
Great advice.....I couldn't agree more. Using equipment as tone controls is both expensive and fruitless in my experience. Sure - if you're looking for some sort of difference in overall presentation then you can probably get that with different gear but the chances that it's going to fix that 6kHz spike that you are particularly sensitive to are next to zero.

I went down that rabbit hole with my 2 channel listening years ago before discovering that the room was my biggest problem. I now use DRC with my speaker listening and I also use some level of parametric EQ on all my headphones.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #4,038 of 11,883
Overall (if you like or want to keep the Arya - any HP really), EQ, DSP, physically modify them, or find the right system synergy. If none of that is a choice or an option, or if they just don't work for you, get different cans. We do have choices and for that I'm grateful.

Jun 24, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #4,039 of 11,883
I haven't messed with the transformers but I have installed Sparkos discrete op amps with good results. Fun Fun
Hi, are transformers in your Gustard humming too? I can hear hum when powered on. Thank you.

Jun 25, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #4,040 of 11,883
Hi, are transformers in your Gustard humming too? I can hear hum when powered on. Thank you.
No, not mine. Retrace your power and signal wires. Never have your power and signal running parallel to each other. Always run them perpendicular if possible, as many right angles as possible. Sounds like a feedback or interference issue to me. May need to re-arrange your desktop, see if that helps.

Jun 25, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #4,041 of 11,883
No, not mine. Retrace your power and signal wires. Never have your power and signal running parallel to each other. Always run them perpendicular if possible, as many right angles as possible. Sounds like a feedback or interference issue to me. May need to re-arrange your desktop, see if that helps.
Thank you, but there is not hum in headphones, the hum comes from chassis that resonates from transformers. Seller said to me that this is normal and all unit suffers by this.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #4,042 of 11,883
Any mods out for the Arya? I couldn’t find any. Thanks.

Jun 25, 2021 at 10:11 PM Post #4,044 of 11,883
Love wide soundstage in headphones. Hd800s are some of my favorite, but I keep hearing about the soundstage on the Arya's and need to get my hands on a pair.
Arya is similarly wide, but presents that width in a less forced more organic way. Think of it this way: HD800S creates a "bubble of sound", then blows the music up to fill the bubble. The result is a presentation that sounds somewhat like listening to speakers from outside of yourself. Arya, on the other hand, places you squarely in the center of the music and lets the notes happen around you. Where HD800S strives to always shape the music to fill its bubble of sound, Arya only shows you the soundstage recorded in the music.

Jun 25, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #4,045 of 11,883
Arya is similarly wide, but presents that width in a less forced more organic way. Think of it this way: HD800S creates a "bubble of sound", then blows the music up to fill the bubble. The result is a presentation that sounds somewhat like listening to speakers from outside of yourself. Arya, on the other hand, places you squarely in the center of the music and lets the notes happen around you. Where HD800S strives to always shape the music to fill its bubble of sound, Arya only shows you the soundstage recorded in the music.
Pretty apt description. I refer to my Arya as my sound helmet due to how sounds seem to swirl around my head during my listening sessions with it.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #4,046 of 11,883
Love wide soundstage in headphones. Hd800s are some of my favorite, but I keep hearing about the soundstage on the Arya's and need to get my hands on a pair.
I just got the Arya yesterday after having the HD800 SDR for a couple years and only one was going to stay. Took about 30 seconds to decide to sell the 800. The soundstage width is similar overall, but the Arya are more airy in the best way. Also just much more enjoyable. Despite being airy, they're also more full sounding, like something is missing on the 800 in comparison, despite being incredibly detailed. I'd only heard the Edition XX and HE-4XX from Hifiman and enjoyed them, but the Arya is certainly at or above the level of my other similarly priced headphones and a unique experience.

Jun 26, 2021 at 12:58 AM Post #4,047 of 11,883
I just got the Arya yesterday after having the HD800 SDR for a couple years and only one was going to stay. Took about 30 seconds to decide to sell the 800. The soundstage width is similar overall, but the Arya are more airy in the best way. Also just much more enjoyable. Despite being airy, they're also more full sounding, like something is missing on the 800 in comparison, despite being incredibly detailed. I'd only heard the Edition XX and HE-4XX from Hifiman and enjoyed them, but the Arya is certainly at or above the level of my other similarly priced headphones and a unique experience.
Yup. Wait till they play in and settle in, in a while. IMO, the soundstage gets bigger and more layered and the bass gets more detailed. It improves from fresh out of the box quite a bit.

Jun 26, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #4,048 of 11,883
Thanks for the reply. The arya have been next on my list to try for some time, and considering I just got a pay raise I'm going to pull the trigger finally.

Jun 27, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #4,050 of 11,883
Hi everyone, I'm looking to purchase my first set of planars, and have narrowed my options down to 3 - this, the audeze LCD X and LCD 3

Are there any known issues for the Arya that I should be aware of before making the plunge? How is the QC for these cans?
Probably not a good idea for a first planar. Start off with something cheaper and see if you like it. Why don't you get a verum mk2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back