HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Apr 21, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #3,511 of 11,867
Nice work!
Thank you :) it is only proof of concept build from 1.5mm2 speaker grade OFC cable. Buying OCC here in local stores is impossible. If someone can point me to good shop in EU where I can buy better connectors and good quality silver plated OCC cooper wire I'll very thankful. :) I don't trust wire quality offered by CN shops what is your opinion?

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #3,512 of 11,867
Thank you :) it is only proof of concept build from 1.5m2 speaker grade OFC cable. Buying OCC here in local stores is impossible. If someone can point me to good shop in EU where I can buy better connectors and good quality silver plated OCC cooper wire I'll very thankful. :) I don't trust wire quality offered by CN shops what is your opinion?
https://viablue.de/com/cables_epc_headphone.php

German company. You are from Slovakia so should not be a problem. Good quality cable for a reasonable price. Many US cable manufacturers use this cable (EPC-1).

OCC core is superfluous if you are having silver plating.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #3,513 of 11,867
Hello Arya owners out there :)

I ordered my Aryas today and hope that they arrive on monday 😎

I also have a Focal Elex in my collection. Can i use my Forza Audioworks cable (2 x 3,5mm connectors) for the Arya as well?

Best
Dominik

Apr 24, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #3,514 of 11,867
Hello Arya owners out there :)

I ordered my Aryas today and hope that they arrive on monday 😎

I also have a Focal Elex in my collection. Can i use my Forza Audioworks cable (2 x 3,5mm connectors) for the Arya as well?

Best
Dominik
Yes

Apr 24, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #3,516 of 11,867
Really enjoying the Broadway+Arya pairing btw. Deep impactful bass, extra clarity and detail. Awesome.

Apr 24, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #3,519 of 11,867
That’s a great knob you got there. Where did you get is from? Going for the same combo!
Thank you, thank you.
I debuted my knob in this post on the Singxer SA-1 thread; if you follow the next couple of pages, other members posted some links to great knob options, including one that looks identical to my knob.
BTW there are a lot of Arya owners in the SA-1 thread, so lots of impression and images.

Apr 25, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #3,520 of 11,867
New Arya owner here. I got an used v2 unit this week which, according to the previous owner, may not be fully burned in.
Between this and the ADX5000, my current favourite open back, the jury is still out, I definitely need more time. Thus far the ADX5000 comes across a bit warmer (having a bit more mid bass) and the Arya more dynamic. So ADX5000 has a bit of a Cadillac feeling while the Arya reminds me more of a top level BMW.
What surprised me the most ofvthe Arya is that is driven to very satisfactory level by my Hiby R6 Pro DAP in balanced mode : not at its best, obviously, but with very good results, certainly more satisfactory than the Audio Technica.
I am very happy to acknowledge that the Arya does not sound "distant" as tge HD800 I once owned did. The Arya got it right, and so did tge ADX5000: I still can tell which does best, including insyrument separation and layering.
Other than that, I am using the Arya unbalanced with my Violectric V200 and balanced with am Xduoo TA-20: thus far I favour the latter. The ADX5000 also gets along very well with my SMSL SH-9, while the Arya sounds clearly worse.
I also have an Ananda and a K812 and especially the latter puts up a very good fight for the crown of the only one I will keep among these 4: it is more sibilant than the others but it does not bother me much as I am a treblehead (and 50 y/o). The soundstage of the K812 remains among the best even in 2021.

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #3,521 of 11,867
New Arya owner here. I got an used v2 unit this week which, according to the previous owner, may not be fully burned in.
Between this and the ADX5000, my current favourite open back, the jury is still out, I definitely need more time. Thus far the ADX5000 comes across a bit warmer (having a bit more mid bass) and the Arya more dynamic. So ADX5000 has a bit of a Cadillac feeling while the Arya reminds me more of a top level BMW.
What surprised me the most ofvthe Arya is that is driven to very satisfactory level by my Hiby R6 Pro DAP in balanced mode : not at its best, obviously, but with very good results, certainly more satisfactory than the Audio Technica.
I am very happy to acknowledge that the Arya does not sound "distant" as tge HD800 I once owned did. The Arya got it right, and so did tge ADX5000: I still can tell which does best, including insyrument separation and layering.
Other than that, I am using the Arya unbalanced with my Violectric V200 and balanced with am Xduoo TA-20: thus far I favour the latter. The ADX5000 also gets along very well with my SMSL SH-9, while the Arya sounds clearly worse.
I also have an Ananda and a K812 and especially the latter puts up a very good fight for the crown of the only one I will keep among these 4: it is more sibilant than the others but it does not bother me much as I am a treblehead (and 50 y/o). The soundstage of the K812 remains among the best even in 2021.
The Arya definitely needs power. I thought the 789 THX amp was good with the Arya... purchased the Phonitor X and turned the Arya into a beast. Unbelievable what the right amount of power does for it. I swear I am all day at work waiting to get home. Anyone who has the Phonitor X put dip switches 1, 2 and 4 in high gain with the Arya. HAS to be how the song sounds in the studio.

Apr 27, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #3,522 of 11,867
What do you think of Arya vs Ananda? Are the Aryas much superior? In percentage how much would you say?

Apr 27, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #3,523 of 11,867
The Arya definitely needs power. I thought the 789 THX amp was good with the Arya... purchased the Phonitor X and turned the Arya into a beast. Unbelievable what the right amount of power does for it. I swear I am all day at work waiting to get home. Anyone who has the Phonitor X put dip switches 1, 2 and 4 in high gain with the Arya. HAS to be how the song sounds in the studio.
Phonitor X costs more than 2000 euros, 789 THX is an entry-level or a little more ... thanks that the headphones sound much better on the Phonitor X ... it's certainly not just a question of power ...

Apr 27, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #3,524 of 11,867
Phonitor X costs more than 2000 euros, 789 THX is an entry-level or a little more ... thanks that the headphones sound much better on the Phonitor X ... it's certainly not just a question of power ...
Agree. No disrespect to the people who own really expensive equipment, but when I see comparisons like that, I feel they just want to “show off”. Just my personal opinion.

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #3,525 of 11,867
Valhalla 2 (with the right tubes) and Arya make for a surprisingly capable combo. 👍
I have found that to be true as well, at least as long as what I'm listening to isn't particularly complex or heavy in the bass department. Valhalla 2 drives Arya respectably for acoustic or soft music, and Arya really soaks up that tube magic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back