HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Apr 28, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #3,541 of 11,881
Joshua Valour recomened the Gustard H16, it is below 400€: YT vid

Apr 28, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #3,542 of 11,881
In my testing I could not find any real differences in sound based on price. Especially if you are looking at transparent dac / amps. My heresy / modi combo sounded as good as the bifrost / Asgard 3 or jot 2. I ended up just using an rme for everything as the features are awesome. I would look for features / size. You really can’t go wrong.
An amp being a certain price doesn’t qualify it to be good.
Do you believe the Arya sounds good out of the RME amp? Or do the sound better out of the Jot2?

Apr 28, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #3,543 of 11,881
I would love to make my wallet proud. I have not seen the Arya for less than 1,500 US. Please tell me where I can find them at that price. Also, I’m assuming the A90 could be a good choice too
HifiMan Store, Audiogon, Reverb etc. For planar headphones, I would rather go for the amplifier with LPS.

Apr 28, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #3,544 of 11,881
Do you believe the Arya sounds good out of the RME amp? Or do the sound better out of the Jot2?
Arya + Jot 2 is a really pleasant experience, worth the investment, probably much better than RME amp

Apr 28, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #3,546 of 11,881
Anyone try the Arya from a vintage speaker amp, either from headphone plug or direct from speaker taps?

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #3,548 of 11,881
Arya + Jot 2 is a really pleasant experience, worth the investment, probably much better than RME amp
Jose... if you finally choose one amp for Arya's ... Jot2 or Sa1.
I m very confused....
I want to order one of those and I can't choose..

Apr 28, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #3,550 of 11,881
Based on your logic/math, we should be looking at an amp around the 700 US price range for the Arya. Which amps would you recommend?
In your place, instead of investing in Arya, I would keep Ananda and invest in a better amp
I wish you the same as you yourself, to have an improved experience:relaxed:
May I ask what amp do you use to drive your Arya and if not too much trouble, could you please tell us what is your magic equation for headphone vs amp budget. Thanks
I already mentioned that Arya can serve a better system than mine.
My system
-I stream music: Tidal master, Spotify premium, several internet stations ,,, Audirvana.
-Dell G5 32gb ram> Inakustik referentz usb> Pegasus> Balanced-WireWorld Eclipse 8> Bryston BHA 1> Cardas Clear Light -4 pin> Arya.
-Power-Isotek EVO3 Initium on EVO3 Gemini, from Gemini> SuperCord Gold MKII on Pegasus and Audioquest NRG-Z3 on Bryston

My experience through Arya from two sources
-iBasso DX 229
Clear sound, there is both dynamics and sound stage, but I would never listen to full size headphones on DAP
- Full size headphone system
The "room" is filled with a scene, there is a lot more detail, the tone is much clearer and more present, the music takes place in a vacuum clean stage and my experience is fantastic ... but,
Arya is so good, that it requires that certain sounds (EDM) be even cleaner and have more mass in them and have even more physical movement through the stage, and that the whole scene is organically homogeneous.
I'm not going to buy Susvara to run my current system to get to that experience,
I will keep Arya and upgrade the existing system, only then maybe I will replace the DAC and the amplifier

I just want to express the opinion that it is smarter to use the full potential of headphones that you like, than to buy others, more expensive ones whose potential you will use even less
However, if you enjoy music to the fullest(with any system), your experience is immensely richer than someone who has a 20K system and is not in the music they listen to.
ADDED:
At high gain on Bryston, Arya has increased tone brightness

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #3,551 of 11,881
Anyone try the Arya from a vintage speaker amp, either from headphone plug or direct from speaker taps?
Hi I've tried It with my onkyo a-8850 semi-vintage amp. I've made speaker tap, but it was not good, noise level was way to high :frowning2: so not good in this case. HP out sounds good to me, I've looked at schematic and HP out is taped from speaker output with 390ohm/1W resistors in series.

Apr 28, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #3,552 of 11,881
I would love to make my wallet proud. I have not seen the Arya for less than 1,500 US. Please tell me where I can find them at that price. Also, I’m assuming the A90 could be a good choice too
People have strong opinions on the A90, but fwiw I love my Arya on the A90 + Bifrost 2.

Apr 28, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #3,553 of 11,881
What do you think of Arya vs Ananda? Are the Aryas much superior? In percentage how much would you say?
Yes, they are in my view. Much more instrument separation and clarity, which also come with more brightness. The Arya is more analytical than the Ananda, which for me is a quality but for others it may not be. I also find them more analytical than the ADX5000.
Percentages vs Ananda? Perhaps 30% better also in light of the deeper soundstage which is noticeable.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #3,555 of 11,881
You‘re welcome. I also have the H16 but not yet an Arya, still contemplating about the long term build quality for a headphone in this price region.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back