Hifiman Ananda Stealth Magnet Version
Nov 18, 2022 at 3:30 AM Post #136 of 271
What contributes to the Arya being more comfortable than the Ananda? Is it the shape of the metal headband or something else?
the main difference, the arya cups can tilt horizontale and vertical, the ananda not, only vertical. But it is a cushion so if your head is normal, average in size there is no problem. I tried both for a few hours auditing, the completely superior regarding comfort is way, way exaggerated in my opinion, especially because I was switching back and forth for a long time.

Besides that, even for that extra little comfort, is it worth double the price for that little (yes little!!) more comfort, that is the question. Soundwise they are really close to each other (at least the stealth magnetic Ananda version)

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022 at 4:34 AM Post #137 of 271
the main difference, the arya cups can tilt horizontale and vertical, the ananda not, only vertical. But it is a cushion so if your head is normal, average in size there is no problem. I tried both for a few hours auditing, the completely superior regarding comfort is way, way exaggerated in my opinion, especially because I was switching back and forth for a long time.

Besides that, even for that extra little comfort, is it worth double the price for that little (yes little!!) more comfort, that is the question. Soundwise they are really close to each other (at least the stealth magnetic Ananda version)

How are vocals with Ananda stealth ? Especially compared to Arya.
I find Edition XS a bit laid back in the mids (that famous hifiman dips) and was wondering about Ananda.

Nov 18, 2022 at 7:31 AM Post #138 of 271
Are there any readily available for pad options for Ananda Stealth in the US, besides Dekoni?

When removing the stock pads, is there any mesh that remains to cover the driver, or is the stock mesh attached to the stock pad? I've seen conflicting opinions on this.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #140 of 271
The clampfor
Arya has less clamp force and have swivel funktion.
the clamp force can be adjusted by bending the metal a little, the only thing the arya does better is the swivel function yes.
But it is subjective, if it doesn't fit your head nicely, than the arya is the only one that is a option, a expensive one though.
it is kind of double the price of the ananda stealth magnet.

Nov 28, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #141 of 271
Just got an email from the shop I ordered the Edition XS from that there was an issue with their website and that the Edition XS is out of stock/back-ordered.

They are giving me the option to wait or upgrade me for free to the OG Ananda, they do not have the stealth in stock.

Id feel like a fool not taking them up on a $200 deal. I most listen to songs with vocals. Am I missing anything by not sticking with the Edition XS?

Nov 29, 2022 at 2:53 AM Post #142 of 271
Just got an email from the shop I ordered the Edition XS from that there was an issue with their website and that the Edition XS is out of stock/back-ordered.

They are giving me the option to wait or upgrade me for free to the OG Ananda, they do not have the stealth in stock.

Id feel like a fool not taking them up on a $200 deal. I most listen to songs with vocals. Am I missing anything by not sticking with the Edition XS?

From the reviews I've read the Ananda is somewhat better than the XS in a number of areas though not hugely so. The Ananda is more efficient (103dB vs 93dB) and is a bit more detailed. leaning closer to neutral than the XS. You'd be a fool not to take the free upgrade.

Dec 10, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #144 of 271
Is Ananda stealth an engaging headphone ? What I like about Sundara is how music is presented in a lively way but still being quiite balanced (less neutral however than HE6se, Sundara a bit harsh by comparison)
I listened to them both quite for a long time, few hours in the shop. Both are amazing headphones, the main difference I noticed between the two, the Ananda gives you better seperation of instruments and more way more stage. for the price the sundara wins hands down, come on 329 euro for a planar? that's nothing right?.

But if you want that little extra and getting closer to the Arya, without paying a fortune, the Ananda is a really good deal. (I also audited the Arya, the Ananda tends to lean towards the Arya, but keeping the warmth of the Sundara with a bonus of a better stage)

But summed up, they are both great headphones! for me it was the Ananda, once you have heared the difference, most will go Ananda I think.

Dec 10, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #145 of 271
I think they have really undersestimated the stealth revision, mostly because i think it might bite too much into arya territory and make them look bad in the price/performance domain.
I can honestly say they really really get close into Arya territory, I was auditing the Arya, Ananda stealth and sundara for a few hours, trying to make choice. The Arya and Ananda are same sound signature, with a little less detail and stage (but seriously not that much and sure not as much to valid a double price point). The Sundara great, can't compare to Ananda. on it's own the sundara is a great headphone especially for it's price! But if you want stage and air around the instruments, go Ananda.

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #146 of 271
IMO the Ananda SM best the Sundara and the Arya SM.
Everything is better then the Sundara (and less 'harsh', except some low rumble that i'm missing...)
The Arya has better technicalities but for my ears the sound was a bit too clinical. Ananda timbre sounds more natural.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #148 of 271
quick comparison between Ananda SM and Edition XS in terms of sound:
1. tight bass with better punch and less grainy, but XS have more "quantity" on bass region and it goes deeper
2. Soundstage is slightly better (taller)
3. Mids are more forward and better balanced, vocal parts are better pronounced, instruments have more expression, XS mids are laid back too much in my opinion.
4. Highs are less bright, less sibilant, timbre is more neutral (not the ideal though)
5. Ananda sounds louder with the same volume settings.
6. Ananda have more resolution overall, better macro\micro detail level
7. Slightly less distortion across the frequency range

Users who are viewing this thread

Back