Hifiman Ananda Stealth Magnet Version
Oct 21, 2022 at 5:13 AM Post #122 of 271
Mine have arrived this afternoon and I've been having a bit of a listen. The difference in sound signature between them and the LCD1s is night and day. I'd describe that as a fuller sound but at the moment my memory of the LCD1s is that they were a bit more transparent. I played some rock/pop tracks which showed some of the differences but at this point they didn't really wow me with the exception of vocals. I could also hear that the imaging and the sound stage is much wider and deeper than the LCD1s.

When I switched to classical, my preferred genre, the Anandas just came to life. I could hear details in symphonies that weren't there before. String quartets showed where every member of the ensemble was sitting. I've yet to test out piano for tonality and timbre and I'd be interested to see how they work with Schubert lieder

I'm going to allow a bit of burn in and ear training time before I write a review. I have two DVDs that will tell me how good these are. One is the Verdi Requiem with Herbert von Karajan conducting the La Scala Milan Orchestra and Chorus with an outstanding quartet of soloists (including a very young Pavarotti). The other is the movie of The Wall. If you've heard it through headphones before you will know what I'm talking about.

Oct 27, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #125 of 271
I tried the OG Ananda, the Arya Stealth, and the Ananda Stealth, and the Ananda Stealth was by far my favorite of the three and the one I am keeping.

Oct 27, 2022 at 11:00 PM Post #127 of 271
Care to elaborate your reasons?
Ananda vs Ananda Stealth (the Stealth version is simply better in every way - clearer imaging, better tuning, better bass/dynamics, better versatility with more genres, and still retains that wide soundstage). I actually expected to prefer the OG Ananda but that was not the case. The Arya Stealth was too bright and too clinical and unnatural sounding to me. The Ananda Stealth to my ears was definitely more enjoyable/musical than the Arya SE. I get the sense that with the Stealth Magnet technology, it tends to smoothen things kind of like Anti-aliasing in a videogame. I felt with the Arya, this sense of antialiasing was cranked up to ultra levels producing an overly sanitized unnaturally clinical sound. The Ananda dials that back a bit which is definitely an improvement that allows for a more natural and musical listen, while still giving you all of the excellent detail that the stealth magnet technology can provide.

Oct 27, 2022 at 11:51 PM Post #128 of 271
Ananda vs Ananda Stealth (the Stealth version is simply better in every way - clearer imaging, better tuning, better bass/dynamics, better versatility with more genres, and still retains that wide soundstage). I actually expected to prefer the OG Ananda but that was not the case. The Arya Stealth was too bright and too clinical and unnatural sounding to me. The Ananda Stealth to my ears was definitely more enjoyable/musical than the Arya SE. I get the sense that with the Stealth Magnet technology, it tends to smoothen things kind of like Anti-aliasing in a videogame. I felt with the Arya, this sense of antialiasing was cranked up to ultra levels producing an overly sanitized unnaturally clinical sound. The Ananda dials that back a bit which is definitely an improvement that allows for a more natural and musical listen, while still giving you all of the excellent detail that the stealth magnet technology can provide.
Very good. I'm still considering the Ananda Stealth, so this was quite helpful.

Oct 28, 2022 at 6:13 AM Post #131 of 271
I tried the OG Ananda, the Arya Stealth, and the Ananda Stealth, and the Ananda Stealth was by far my favorite of the three and the one I am keeping.
In a quick comparison I also liked the Ananda Stealth over the Arya Stealth, but after listening to Arya SE for a longer session it was clear to me that they are the better headphones overall, and in terms of comfort the Arya was completely superior, but If Hifiman would use Arya's headband on Ananda the choice between them would be very easy as the difference in sound quality is not worth the difference in price.

Oct 31, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #132 of 271
After reading every post in this thread, I decided to buy the Ananda SM new for around 400usd from China. Recently sold my Ananda OG so I was on the fence of I really needed a new pair to complement my HD6XX since I've missed the ethereal sound of the Ananda. Hope it really sounds better.

Nov 16, 2022 at 6:08 AM Post #133 of 271
I just audited a Hifiman Ananda stealth magnet version this weekend, on a gryphon with a 4.4 (meze) balanced cable. It sounded beyond amazing.
After a hour back and forth auditing, (also with the Arya) Compared to the Sundara side by side, I could hear definitely, that the Ananda is way more to the Arya quality, than the Sundara is close to the Ananda in stage and smoothness (not saying the Sundara is bad, but the Ananda sounded quite some better).

The Arya and Ananda stealth are really close, for me personally it would not justify that price difference.

I am really temped to order, but! hear so many conflicted stories about failed products, DOA, dead drivers, bad quality control etc... about Hifiman, is it really THIS BAD!? and if so? what is the alternative brand (and that pricerange) if you like that level of sound quality. I am really worried having a 779 euro/ 811 us dollar paperweight within 2 years? quite annoying it is only 400US dollar in china, in Europe it is double the price

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2022 at 6:18 AM Post #134 of 271
I just audited a Hifiman Ananda stealth magnet version this weekend, on a gryphon with a 4.4 (meze) balanced cable. It sounded beyond amazing.
After a hour back and forth auditing, (also with the Arya) Compared to the Sundara side by side, I could hear definitely, that the Ananda is way more to the Arya quality, than the Sundara is close to the Ananda in stage and smoothness (not saying the Sundara is bad, but the Ananda sounded quite some better).

The Arya and Ananda stealth are really close, for me personally it would not justify that price difference.

I am really temped to order, but! hear so many conflicted stories about failed products, DOA, dead drivers, bad quality control etc... about Hifiman, is it really THIS BAD!? and if so? what is the alternative brand (and that pricerange) if you like that level of sound quality. I am really worried having a 779 euro/ 811 us dollar paperweight within 2 years? quite annoying it is only 400US dollar in china, in Europe it is double the price
My Ananda Stealth is going strong after about 3 months and like you I love the sound. When I googled 'issues' for this headphone I found very little which suggests that QC will probably not be a problem. If you buy through a reputable HiFiman dealer then any issues will be addressed by them and probably very quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back