HiFiMan Ananda BT - Biggest, Baddest, Bluetooth Headphones
Feb 27, 2019 at 6:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 294

Edwood

1/2 hamster, 1/2 Turkish∙ Blueteething
While not the first Bluetooth Planar Headphones/earphones, the upcoming HiFiMan Ananda BT is definitely the first serious audiophile attempt at full sized wireless bluetooth headphones.

Not at all surprised that HiFiMan is first. It's supposed to be using Huawei's HWA Audio Codec (LDHC). Not sure how well it will be supported. Kind of bummed that only Huawei phones are listed as supported. Hopefully there's a bluetooth dongle or firmware update that allows more devices to use it. I'd like at the very least to be able to use it on my Laptop. Even better if I can use LDHC on my LG V30+ phone, but I'm not holding my breath. At least it'll support APTx as well.

I've often had a pair of HE1000's on my head without the wires attached and thought, "wouldn't it be great if these were wireless?" Well, I guess it's happening! Anyone else excited? Anyone brave enough to use these out and about in public? Forcefully "sharing" your music with everyone near you? :p

Feb 28, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 294
Hi there, just to let you know that if you use the HIFIMAN app as found in the Play Store it will enable the use of hi-res Bluetooth. So you are not limited only to Huawei phones as long as you use our app. Using a phone with built in LDHC such as a Huawei phone, any app will allow its use.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Mar 5, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #4 of 294
Hi there, just to let you know that if you use the HIFIMAN app as found in the Play Store it will enable the use of hi-res Bluetooth. So you are not limited only to Huawei phones as long as you use our app. Using a phone with built in LDHC such as a Huawei phone, any app will allow its use.
What a bummer! Such a great potential got lost by this restriction.

I certainly would consider buying it if possible to use HiRes BT from a supporting laptop without extra or proprietary soft-/hardware and also from any other Android or iOS device, e.g., with Neutron Music Player. Up to date there are simply no head- or earphones available (whatever the cost!) that do not require sophisticated DSP for accurate sound reproduction, so I would never exclude this option by any manufacturer specification. And I would also not buy an extra Huawei smartphone just to 'unlock' some restriction. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, other companies (Audeze, Focal, HARMAN etc.) will follow and hopefully not make the same mistakes. Let us be patient...

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019 at 2:04 AM Post #5 of 294
I ordered a pair of Audeze Mobius headphones so I will post an update regarding how they sound. This HiFiman looks good too!

Mar 6, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #6 of 294

Man, this looks interesting!

Haven't heard Hi-Res BT yet, but I have some Metallica albums in Hi-Res that would surely do it justice! :)

While not the first Bluetooth Planar Headphones/earphones, the upcoming HiFiMan Ananda BT is definitely the first serious audiophile attempt at full sized wireless bluetooth headphones.

Not at all surprised that HiFiMan is first. It's supposed to be using Huawei's HWA Audio Codec (LDHC). Not sure how well it will be supported. Kind of bummed that only Huawei phones are listed as supported. Hopefully there's a bluetooth dongle or firmware update that allows more devices to use it. I'd like at the very least to be able to use it on my Laptop. Even better if I can use LDHC on my LG V30+ phone, but I'm not holding my breath. At least it'll support APTx as well.

I've often had a pair of HE1000's on my head without the wires attached and thought, "wouldn't it be great if these were wireless?" Well, I guess it's happening! Anyone else excited? Anyone brave enough to use these out and about in public? Forcefully "sharing" your music with everyone near you? :p

I was even using Audeze LCD-MX4 outdoors before :)

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #7 of 294
Mar 6, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #9 of 294
Pics, or it didn't happen! :floatsmile:

Actually, I did take one. Using xDSD and Mi Max 2, LCD-MX4 on my neck! :)

D1B2nvEXQAA-k0v.jpg:large

Apr 16, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #14 of 294
That’s awesome! Hope it lasts longer than 5hr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back