HifiMan 1000 v2 vs SE
Sep 15, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #17 of 32
Tonality. Music sounded too distant. Boomy bass overshadowing the already thin midrange. Also I only have experience with the v3 and according to other reviewers it was a major step backwards
I see. I have an Ayra v2. Its sound is fantastic. Better stock tuning than HE1000SE. Definitely not as detailed or resolving and the SE bass response is spectacular whereas the Arya is not.

Sep 15, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #19 of 32
How would you compare it to the Ananda?
Arya v2 is significantly better than Ananda. The bass is much better even though it isn't my preference because it lacks punch. Resolution, detail, clarity sound stage are all significantly better with Ayra. I am selling my Ananda because of it.

Sep 15, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #20 of 32
Arya v2 is significantly better than Ananda. The bass is much better even though it isn't my preference because it lacks punch. Resolution, detail, sound stage are all significantly better with Ayra. I am selling my Ananda because of it.
I'm going to try to find an Arya v2 but it's not easy at the moment lol

Sep 15, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #21 of 32
Sep 15, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #23 of 32
Mar 8, 2022 at 10:25 PM Post #25 of 32
I own Ananda, Ayra, HE1000v1 and HE1000SE.

The Ananda has great neutral tuning. That's the best part of it. But, it lack any bass slam and the texture and the resolution isn't that great.

The Ayra are fantastic. It has bass, but no punch and slam like a Focal Clear. But, it is a great all arounder. A bit on the bright side, so you would need to get a warm source.

The HE1000v1 is terrible. I just picked it up and it was so bad, I bought the upgrade from Hifiman to a v2. My understanding is that it has much better tuning. More like the Ananda. I'll know if a few weeks.

The HE1000SE is my favorite headphone currently, but only when I EQ them because they are very bright and fatiguing without it. But, once I do EQ them, they are nearly perfect for my taste. Great bass response, great resolution, great sound stage.

I will compare the HE1000v2 and SE and keep the one I like the most and probably upgrade the other one to Susvara.

So far, my keepers are Arya and HE1000SE.

What did you end up keeping between the HE1000v2 and SE?

Mar 8, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #26 of 32
Apr 24, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #29 of 32
The he1kv2 is easily my favorite of the Arya v2, stealth and he1kse.

Incredible detail, insane stage, fabulous bass and maybe the best vocals I've ever heard.
How do they compare to the JM Audio XTC?

Thanks

Apr 25, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #30 of 32
How do they compare to the JM Audio XTC?

Thanks
Well, first off, I sold my he1000v2 when I got my XTC open biowool.

Tough to compare DD's and Planars BUT....

All of the things are love about he1000v2 are as satisfying on the XTC open. The hifiman is a little faster. The bass on the XTC is bigger and as well textured. Mids and Treble are both present and not recessed in the case of the mids and both have wonderfully extended treble with little to no sibilance or fatigue.

I would say the XTC is a fraction more dynamic and MAYBE the he1000v2 has a fraction more "maturity"? The level of enjoyment is so close that I couldn't justify keeping the hifiman. So I sold it, bought more gear and having a headphone I love just as much. I even grabbed the Beryllium XTC open as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back