= Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification)
Feb 8, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #316 of 321
So far I have had zero complaints about the HE6se V2.
I'm a born critic - I salute those that find happiness with things as is. Carry on.

Apr 9, 2024 at 10:17 PM Post #317 of 321
Considering doing the fuzzor mod for the 6se's. Reading through the past few pages, it seems like it may not be necessary? Does anyone have any comments on whether the changes are positive? I found that they were great on my 500's but not sure if that would be the case for the 6se's as well.

Apr 9, 2024 at 11:37 PM Post #318 of 321
Considering doing the fuzzor mod for the 6se's. Reading through the past few pages, it seems like it may not be necessary? Does anyone have any comments on whether the changes are positive? I found that they were great on my 500's but not sure if that would be the case for the 6se's as well.
I'm not hearing any of the "ringing" on my HE6se V2 previously mentioned for older models. So I don't know if it would make a difference but I'm still slightly curious. But I'm not hearing anything obviously "wrong" on mine.

Apr 13, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #319 of 321
I'm not hearing any of the "ringing" on my HE6se V2 previously mentioned for older models. So I don't know if it would make a difference but I'm still slightly curious. But I'm not hearing anything obviously "wrong" on mine.
Not ringing. Cancellations and reflections is what fuzzor takes care of. BUT, the stators of the OG HE-6 and HE-500 are much wider and the change is obvious. The HE-6 SE (v1 and v2) has thinner stators and the effect is well less pronounced. As I've written on my HE-6 SE (recently) - the hierarchy of improvements IMO is: PEQ, pads, rear screens (minimum or none), capable OFC cables, dynamat (cut cup vibrations), fuzzor mod. On my HE-500 I list fuzzor 2nd.

It's my take on HFM that the drivers are in general first rate for the cost, but that much less care and research are done on the surrounding items - like the headband on your set and cable are substandard. The pads on the v2 are better than the SE (v1), but, still well below the best attainable. I've been anti fancy cables for over 20 years before encountering the HE-500 and HE-6 SE (and conducted double blind tests) and have no issues with the cables of other manufacturers.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #320 of 321
Not ringing. Cancellations and reflections is what fuzzor takes care of. BUT, the stators of the OG HE-6 and HE-500 are much wider and the change is obvious. The HE-6 SE (v1 and v2) has thinner stators and the effect is well less pronounced. As I've written on my HE-6 SE (recently) - the hierarchy of improvements IMO is: PEQ, pads, rear screens (minimum or none), capable OFC cables, dynamat (cut cup vibrations), fuzzor mod. On my HE-500 I list fuzzor 2nd.

It's my take on HFM that the drivers are in general first rate for the cost, but that much less care and research are done on the surrounding items - like the headband on your set and cable are substandard. The pads on the v2 are better than the SE (v1), but, still well below the best attainable. I've been anti fancy cables for over 20 years before encountering the HE-500 and HE-6 SE (and conducted double blind tests) and have no issues with the cables of other manufacturers.
Curious what would you say the hierarchy of improvements for OG HE-6 (6-screw) are?

Apr 14, 2024 at 7:28 PM Post #321 of 321
Curious what would you say the hierarchy of improvements for OG HE-6 (6-screw) are?
LFF... which is essentially not available anymore...

IRL: fuzzor, pads, rear screen, cable. Do those first, then do the PEQ to finish it off. The bass is so classic I would not do the dynamat/blue tac/sorbothane routine.

Also at least 4 wpc@50 ohms min. More assuming the quality is at least Class AB helps. My Rag 1, v281, and BHA-1 are verified as doing the job quite well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back