HIFIMAN’s Lucky Upgrade Opportunity
Aug 16, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #46 of 174
Hmmm...wonder if I could still do that.  I've had them since February from Razordogaudio.  I'm assuming you returned them to the retailer and not to Hifiman?

I initiated the process with the retailer but ultimately dealt with hifiman directly. They were pretty great. The he1000 should have 3 years warranty if I'm not mistaken, but definitely at least 1 year, so you should be fine.

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #49 of 174
Okkkkk, I just bought the HEX and just broken in really. What I really love to see is a better ear pads. I am living in HCMC Vietnam and the stock pads on the X is just too HOT. The sound I am loving it as it is. Just my thoughts for my HOT ears now wet from having these on for 20 minutes.

Aug 18, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #50 of 174
Very Cool. Not sure too much on the updates. But worth a shot!

Aug 19, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #52 of 174
Now, just to twiddle thumbs...

Aug 23, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #53 of 174
Now, just to twiddle thumbs...

I need more thumbs. Been twiddling them for the Ether Flow upgrade and now this! Hopefully I can get in on one of them.

Aug 23, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #54 of 174
I need more thumbs. Been twiddling them for the Ether Flow upgrade and now this! Hopefully I can get in on one of them.
Mr speakers is offering an upgrade to flow?

Aug 23, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #55 of 174
Mr speakers is offering an upgrade to flow?

Yes. Check out the Flow thread. They already had a sign up for an initial 40 people to upgrade. Demand was huge, so they're going to draw randomly. After they do the first 40 upgrades,they're going to reassess pricing, etc.

Aug 23, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #56 of 174
Yes. Check out the Flow thread. They already had a sign up for an initial 40 people to upgrade. Demand was huge, so they're going to draw randomly. After they do the first 40 upgrades,they're going to reassess pricing, etc.

Nice, that's a good gesture by both mr speakers and hifiman.

Aug 23, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #58 of 174
  Nice, that's a good gesture by both mr speakers and hifiman.

Well, they're not giving the upgrades away for free like Hifiman is. Mind you their upgrade is driver based, so it's taking the sound to another level. They're priced very reasonably though. 

Aug 30, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #60 of 174
  Okkkkk, I just bought the HEX and just broken in really. What I really love to see is a better ear pads. I am living in HCMC Vietnam and the stock pads on the X is just too HOT. The sound I am loving it as it is. Just my thoughts for my HOT ears now wet from having these on for 20 minutes.

Exact same feeling with my HEK...the felt type material is damn irritating and I cannot listen to the phone for more than 30mins without getting rashes near my cheek (bottom end of the cup) hence will be looking for the new pad with microfiber material instead.

Good as it might seem, this is just another PR exercise. Not interested in this half ass "free upgrade"...either start an upgrade program or just sell me that damn replacement pads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back