HIFI'ers what are you hobbies?! :)
Mar 27, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #16 of 67
my main hobby is watches, and has been for the last 5 years but ive always had a huge interest in them since i was a child. i mostly collect vintage omegas, neo vintage panerais, jlc, and iwc .... of course i also collect literature and accessories from those brands.

a couple of other things i have interest are vintage gerstner chests, vinyl records, photography, and of course my dog. my wife says i just love buying stuff and if i can buy/sell/trade i have an interest
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #17 of 67
interesting thread. well...I am addicted to chess even before I got addicted to HI-FI. I also playing the piano (and a little guitar also) since my childhood.
although lately I don't play so much, only listening to music,so I will stick with chess as my main hobby...together with HI-FI ofcourse.

Mar 27, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #18 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny6007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my main hobby is watches, and has been for the last 5 years but ive always had a huge interest in them since i was a child. i mostly collect vintage omegas, neo vintage panerais, jlc, and iwc .... of course i also collect literature and accessories from those brands.

a couple of other things i have interest are vintage gerstner chests, vinyl records, photography, and of course my dog. my wife says i just love buying stuff and if i can buy/sell/trade i have an interest
smily_headphones1.gif

I am jealous of you
biggrin.gif
For being rich and have an understanding wife
tongue.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #19 of 67
Thats awesome...i love collecting vintage stuff, like amps from the sixties and lp's.
Aside from that, i spend my time playing at Wii.

Mar 28, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #20 of 67
Coffee roasting, espresso, photography. I've always wanted a wood lathe so I bought one to try turning a few Grado cups. Thus far I am making incredible quantities of wood shavings.

Mar 28, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #25 of 67
Big game hunting, field preparation of cape, skinning, stalking, enduring, outsmarting, hiding, butchering, making biltong, campfire, the stars, the bushsounds, freezing, respecting, being tested, survival, providing, observing, interpreting, sensing, thinking, precision, one shot kill's, appreciation and taking only those animals we are prepared to eat.
Anti canned hunts, elphants, hippos and rhinos, no go. No diesel stalking.

Huntingshade.

Mar 28, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #26 of 67
I like playing with samplers, synths, and guitar, along with effects, jamming with friends. All hardware, no software, analog and digital. Also enjoy both motorcycling and bicycling, and paintball. I used to be pretty into flight simulators, and probably still would be, but there is only so much time in the day. Of course, listening to music is a big pleasure, my wife and I listen to one full album together per day...it's a good way to slow down and just BE. Also an avid reader.

Mar 28, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #28 of 67
I end up dabbling in a little bit of everything.......that's kinda how I got here. I thought hey I don't really know much about headphones so I'll browse the forums, get a good pair and be done with it. This is starting to become an addiction though.
frown.gif

Before this I was really into building computers, linux, and fixing computers. I'm also into flyfishing, gaming, collecting and shooting guns, knives, photography, movies, kayaking, camping, mountain biking, gadgets, classic cars, reading up on science & technology, and sports.

Mar 28, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #29 of 67
Euro board games, RC vehicles, PS3 gaming.

Mar 28, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #30 of 67
With 2 young kids (6 and 2 years old), I have precious little time for anything else beyond Head-fi/music and playing with them.

On the rare occasions, you might find me on Xbox Live.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back