HiFi Rose RS250 Network Streamer
Dec 23, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #16 of 104
hi is it possible to use external usb or coaxial dacs? use naa connection for hqplayer?
tnkx
I use it with USB out to my DAC. There are coaxial and optical output as well.
It’s Roon-ready so you could add HQPlayer to Roon.
I don’t think it can be used as NAA endpoint without Roon.

Dec 24, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #18 of 104
How do you rate this streamer? Weaknesses? Do you use it with roon?
Well, I don’t have experience with other streamers as it is the first one I bought. But I’m quite satisfied with the sound quality improvement it provided over my PC. Also its combination of functionalities cannot be found in other brands.

I use it as Roon endpoint. It works flawlessly.

The only weakness I could think of is the software needs more refinements. But it won't matter if you use Roon.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #20 of 104
Hello,

Im looking for some all in one solution for my 2ch speakers system. Can you try SQ like a streamer/dac all in one? Because I dont wanna seperate streamer and dac with usb cables...

regards,
Simon
I only have headphones so the best I could do is using the headphone out on the unit.
Maybe other folks can chime in?

Dec 29, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #21 of 104
Hi, could I just check that the Rose streaming app plays music gapless? Some platforms insert gaps where there weren't any originally (eg Chromecast Audio and DTS Playfi) which is no good for continuous pieces such as classical music. I doubt if Rose would do this, but just to make sure.

Also, I was intrigued by this thread's OP saying that the sound from the Rose app was better than Roon! High praise, and if the Rose UI is also up to Roon standard then it will save a good amount of money.

Dec 29, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #22 of 104
Hi, could I just check that the Rose streaming app plays music gapless? Some platforms insert gaps where there weren't any originally (eg Chromecast Audio and DTS Playfi) which is no good for continuous pieces such as classical music. I doubt if Rose would do this, but just to make sure.

Also, I was intrigued by this thread's OP saying that the sound from the Rose app was better than Roon! High praise, and if the Rose UI is also up to Roon standard then it will save a good amount of money.
Hi Tony,
There is no gap between tracks.
if I wasn’t a lifetime subscriber of Roon I could totally live with the Rose app. It can play local files, also supports Qobuz and TIDAL, the implementation is quite good.
Hope this helps.
Tom

Feb 6, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #24 of 104
Hi, All! Got RS 150b. Cannot manage rose 150b from Android device. I just dont have the icon for managing the device (power, standby, HDMI settings and so on). See pic attached. On other Android device (smartphone) I see this icon. The problem is on Xiaomi Pad5. Android version 11. Rose Connect version 4.0.08.6
Does somebody have any advice? Thanks

Attachments

• icon.jpg
    icon.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220204_171355_com.citech.rosepremium.remote[145202].jpg
    Screenshot_20220204_171355_com.citech.rosepremium.remote[145202].jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 0
Feb 6, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #25 of 104
Hi, All! Got RS 150b. Cannot manage rose 150b from Android device. I just dont have the icon for managing the device (power, standby, HDMI settings and so on). See pic attached. On other Android device (smartphone) I see this icon. The problem is on Xiaomi Pad5. Android version 11. Rose Connect version 4.0.08.6
Does somebody have any advice? Thanks
Maybe asking this in Hifi Rose's own forum? There are very few users here and certainly not monitored by their staff.

Feb 19, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #27 of 104
Found the problem! When using dark theme (white letters on flack background) on the tablet this icon dissapiers! When using light them- all is ok. Like this android box)

rose.jpg
Nice looking (sounding) setup! :gs1000smile:

Jun 28, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #28 of 104
So glad I chose RS250 over Lumin U1 mini :beyersmile:
20220628_222651.jpg
Sold my Chord M-Scaler and TT2 to down scale my system. But felt that the stack is a bit empty so getting HiFi Rose RS250 as alternative network streamer and oh my goddness! This little device not only looks gorgeous but also sounds amazingly well with better dynamics and more holographic soundstage compared to my Lumin U1 Mini with S-Booster.
20220628_222733.jpg

Oct 3, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #29 of 104
Selling my fantastic mint black 150b in case anyone is interested :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back