Hieroglyphics
Jul 25, 2005 at 7:40 AM Post #16 of 50
How could I forget one of my favorite albums of all time ...

Mos Def & Talib Kweli are ... Blackstar

mosdeftalibkweli_blackstar.jpg

If you like this, I heard they're both thinking of making another Blackstar album ..
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

Check out some MURS too. The End Of The Beginning and MURS 3:16 (9th Edition) are my personal favorites of his. (9th Edition refers to 9th Wonder who did the production and is also a member/producer of Little Brother up above
cool.gif
) MURS is a member of the Living Legends collective and their stuff is also worth checking out. I just picked up their new album " Classic " ... I wouldn't go so far to call it it's namesake but it's quite good.

What else ....

Louis Logic - Sin-A-Matic & Music To Drinkby might be nice. www.louislogic.com for more info.

Binary Star - Masters Of The Universe

Blackalicious - NIA & Blazing Arrow ( Davis California Talent! ) ... You can also check out some DJ Shadow who is part of the Quannum Projects along with Blackalicious ... Davissssssssssss!

The Nonce - World Ultimate ... The track " Mix Tapes " is one of my all time favorites.

How about some old classic A Tribe Called Quest or De La Soul?

Jul 25, 2005 at 7:03 PM Post #17 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtkversion
How could I forget one of my favorite albums of all time ...

Mos Def & Talib Kweli are ... Blackstar

mosdeftalibkweli_blackstar.jpg

If you like this, I heard they're both thinking of making another Blackstar album ..
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

Check out some MURS too. The End Of The Beginning and MURS 3:16 (9th Edition) are my personal favorites of his. (9th Edition refers to 9th Wonder who did the production and is also a member/producer of Little Brother up above
cool.gif
) MURS is a member of the Living Legends collective and their stuff is also worth checking out. I just picked up their new album " Classic " ... I wouldn't go so far to call it it's namesake but it's quite good.

What else ....

Louis Logic - Sin-A-Matic & Music To Drinkby might be nice. www.louislogic.com for more info.

Binary Star - Masters Of The Universe

Blackalicious - NIA & Blazing Arrow ( Davis California Talent! ) ... You can also check out some DJ Shadow who is part of the Quannum Projects along with Blackalicious ... Davissssssssssss!

The Nonce - World Ultimate ... The track " Mix Tapes " is one of my all time favorites.

How about some old classic A Tribe Called Quest or De La Soul?

dammit.
that should have been mine, ya CHeck out black star.

as for Dr. Octagon/Kool Keith for the poster it might be a little crazy but check out Dr.Octagonyngolists *(sp) and check out Kool Keith when he was in Ultramagnetic MCs

Jul 25, 2005 at 11:54 PM Post #19 of 50
You've got to check out

Guru - Jazzmatazz (the first one, the second one wasn't anywhere near as good)
Nas - God's Son (standouts are Get Down, and Thugz Mansion
Nate Dogg - Music & Me (don't laugh :p it's a great album, and cruisy as anything)

Jul 26, 2005 at 12:19 AM Post #20 of 50
Check out Gangstarr's first album, "No More Mr. Nice Guy". Very jazzy smooth sound and some instrumentals. Its oop I think but worth it if you can find it used on the cheap.

Check out Eric B. and Rakim's "Paid in Full" Platinum Edition. It has Coldcuts' (7 minutes of madness remix) of "Paid in Full" as well as some other cool songs.

Jul 26, 2005 at 3:41 AM Post #24 of 50
Howabout Everlast (I only know the CD Whitey Ford Sings The Blues, but its pretty funky)

Some of Ozomatli's stuff is really cool!

Perhaps even some Aussie hip-hop artists are worth a mention
Like:

Hilltop Hoods (listen to the song "The Nosebleed Section")
Matty B (listen to the song "Fridays")
1200 Techniques (perhaps you have heard the song "Karma")
Downsyde (try the song "I'm All I Can Be")

You may find you like them
biggrin.gif

If I think of any more artists I know that fit the bill I'll be sure to post em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back