Hidizs MS5 - Impressions thread and review invitation
Mar 26, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #16 of 250
Those of you who have received the new MS5, what is your initial opinion?
And not to compare, because I don't have it. I'm just curious. It seems to be relatively expensive, from what I could see on Linsoul's sale link.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #17 of 250
And not to compare, because I don't have it. I'm just curious. It seems to be relatively expensive, from what I could see on Linsoul's sale link.
They are very promising, remind me of the FiiO FH7S.
Very open sounding, full bodied bass, quite balanced.
Very early to say something more.
The manufacturer suggested more than 100 hours for the dynamic driver to settle down.
Accessories are good, the cable is of very high quality, huge but it lacks modular plug.
Time will tell.

Mar 26, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #18 of 250
The manufacturer suggested more than 100 hours for the dynamic driver to settle down.
Accessories are good, the cable is of very high quality, huge but it lacks modular plug.
Time will tell.
Thank you very much for your quick response!
I have always thought that Hidizs should be able to offer a balanced or modular cable as a purchase option, rather than offering it as an alternative purchase. I agree with you.
I'll look forward to more impressions in this thread.

Mar 26, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #19 of 250
Time will tell.

Can you tell me the price in € thank you so much!

Mar 26, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #21 of 250
Thank you very much for your quick response!
I have always thought that Hidizs should be able to offer a balanced or modular cable as a purchase option, rather than offering it as an alternative purchase. I agree with you.
I'll look forward to more impressions in this thread.
They have a high quality aftermarket balanced cable but you have to buy it as an extra.
They don't seem to follow the competition.

Mar 26, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #22 of 250
The filter tuning of its removable nozzle really works, its up to you to find a better ear tips for your own liking. After all, they are ear tip-dependant IEMs. I even try to interchange it with Simgot EA500 nozzles and it works..
20230323_103053_HDR.jpg
20230323_101343_HDR.jpg

Mar 28, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #23 of 250
Wow!
What a surprise!

Hidizs MS5.jpgHidizs MS5 1.jpg

https://cqtek.squig.link/?share=Hidizs_MS5_Balanced,Hidizs_MS5_Bass,Hidizs_MS5_Treble

My first impression was that it has a more powerful low end than I expected. On the other hand, I did expect the sound to be open through the grooves on the outer side. The feeling of air and spatiality is increased.
The effect of the filters is controlled and located in a relatively narrow band, although their influence also reaches the lower range, albeit subtly.
Although I am a bass lover, for reference models I like the low end a little less extensive, with a concave curve from the sub-bass. But I won't deny that the MS5's bass is very enjoyable. I like this graph.

Mar 28, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #24 of 250
Wow!
What a surprise!

https://cqtek.squig.link/?share=Hidizs_MS5_Balanced,Hidizs_MS5_Bass,Hidizs_MS5_Treble

My first impression was that it has a more powerful low end than I expected. On the other hand, I did expect the sound to be open through the grooves on the outer side. The feeling of air and spatiality is increased.
The effect of the filters is controlled and located in a relatively narrow band, although their influence also reaches the lower range, albeit subtly.
Although I am a bass lover, for reference models I like the low end a little less extensive, with a concave curve from the sub-bass. But I won't deny that the MS5's bass is very enjoyable. I like this graph.
Hey, thanks for the graph. Very helpful.

MD5 tuning is surprisingly “audiophile TOTL”. It does not strictly adhere to harman or df target, but still sensible. Looking forward for more impressions.

Btw, is that new squiglink? Congrats
Edit: nevermind, I forgot you have squiglink for a long time

Mar 28, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #25 of 250
Wow!
What a surprise!

Hidizs MS5.jpgHidizs MS5 1.jpg

Do you have the price in € for us?!

Mar 28, 2023 at 9:27 PM Post #26 of 250

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230328_183123_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230328_183123_Chrome.jpg
    507.9 KB · Views: 0
Mar 29, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #28 of 250
Do you have the price in € for us?!
I really don't know. But I thought I saw Linsuol advertised it in their shop for a very short time, at a price of over $400. The publication disappeared overnight. So I can't say for sure if that's the final price.
Although, to give you a hint, on the website it says 0$. So, it could be free! :darthsmile::dt880smile::k701smile:

2023-03-29_190450.jpg

Mar 30, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #29 of 250
5736D3BB-52D1-4837-86A8-609E06452EF7.jpeg

It’s here. I have just run through my test track playlist using the balanced nozzle and my spinfit cp145 tips.

First, the cons:
  • The ear hooks are too tight. My ears hurt after the session.
  • Cymbals and hi hats sound kind of uncanny. I suspect the energy is too high at 8kHz or 12kHz.
  • Sibilance with poorly mixed and mastered musics (e.g., Ed Sheeran’s Shivers)
Now, the pros:
  • Big, deep, but not muddy bass. I can feel the punch and rumble down to my throat. There is no odd “all rumble no punch” of Monarch II.
  • Large soundstage. Imagine is solid 4/5 with the last layer flung to the environment thanks to the treble extension.
  • The midrange has that open and transparent feeling that I get from my U12T, though warmer. Vocals and instruments besides cymbals and hi hats are natural and realistic. It does not sound “reference” but more fun, rule twisting, “audiophile” tuned.
  • Very extended treble. I think there is a 15kHz peak. Micro detail retrieval is quite high. Atmosphere, ambience, and room reflection sound is excellent.
  • Notes have good definition and have a snappy feeling to them. Separation is mostly good, but this IEM does not peel open the layers of music the same way as U12T (to put in context where it fits)
I hope that the bass nozzle can fix the uncanny cymbals and hi hats.

In general, very solid. I’m impressed.

No idea about pricing, but given the sound quality, I wouldn’t complain if this is the same price as the SA6 OG or the FH9. It is pushing the 4/5 but I don’t think it has broken into the 5/5 yet.

Mar 30, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #30 of 250
5736D3BB-52D1-4837-86A8-609E06452EF7.jpeg

It’s here. I have just run through my test track playlist using the balanced nozzle and my spinfit cp145 tips.

First, the cons:
  • The ear hooks are too tight. My ears hurt after the session.
  • Cymbals and hi hats sound kind of uncanny. I suspect the energy is too high at 8kHz or 12kHz.
  • Sibilance with poorly mixed and mastered musics (e.g., Ed Sheeran’s Shivers)
Now, the pros:
  • Big, deep, but not muddy bass. I can feel the punch and rumble down to my throat. There is no odd “all rumble no punch” of Monarch II.
  • Large soundstage. Imagine is solid 4/5 with the last layer flung to the environment thanks to the treble extension.
  • The midrange has that open and transparent feeling that I get from my U12T, though warmer. Vocals and instruments besides cymbals and hi hats are natural and realistic. It does not sound “reference” but more fun, rule twisting, “audiophile” tuned.
  • Very extended treble. I think there is a 15kHz peak. Micro detail retrieval is quite high. Atmosphere, ambience, and room reflection sound is excellent.
  • Notes have good definition and have a snappy feeling to them. Separation is mostly good, but this IEM does not peel open the layers of music the same way as U12T (to put in context where it fits)
I hope that the bass nozzle can fix the uncanny cymbals and hi hats.

In general, very solid. I’m impressed.

No idea about pricing, but given the sound quality, I wouldn’t complain if this is the same price as the SA6 OG or the FH9. It is pushing the 4/5 but I don’t think it has broken into the 5/5 yet.
Same impression on separation, layering and imaging, they are quite comparable with U12T.

There is an emphasis on upper mids, but I don't feel any sibilance or harshness. I consider it as balanced as it doesnt sound dull nor too splashy on cymbals. But very unforgiving on poorly-master tracks. It really shows the artifacts and the clippings of the tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back