Hidizs AP60
Oct 12, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #91 of 773
  Hi Chris,and everyone.

We are update our website at the present.
You could contact the seller you buy to get the newest firmware 0.04beta.

If you any problem,All of you could send a email to us: Hidizs@hidizs.com

Thank you for your support!

Thanks

I just downloaded the 0.04 FW through Penon Audio. The DAC output is still not working with my Chord Mojo or any other USB DAC. Can we expect an enabled USB DAC output soon?

Oct 13, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #96 of 773
Hi Chris

I am sorry reply you! The USB port can't supported USB DAC at the present but the 3.5mm headphone port could be supported.

And our newest firmware 0.05 beta will be launched about 20th.OCT.
That will all supported USB DAC,Bluetooth conected and listen the music from your phone in 0.05 versions.

Pls wait.

I am sorry bring you some trouble.

Any questions,Pls contact us.

Thanks

From Hidizs

Oct 13, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #97 of 773
  Hi Chris

I am sorry reply you! The USB port can't supported USB DAC at the present but the 3.5mm headphone port could be supported.

And our newest firmware 0.05 beta will be launched about 20th.OCT.
That will all supported USB DAC,Bluetooth conected and listen the music from your phone in 0.05 versions.

Pls wait.

I am sorry bring you some trouble.

Any questions,Pls contact us.

Thanks

From Hidizs

Hello. I would like to clarify whether AP60 to use as a USB DAC for Windows Laptop or Android Smartphone? If not at this moment, will such a possibility in the future?

Oct 13, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #98 of 773

Hello. I would like to clarify whether AP60 to use as a USB DAC for Windows Laptop or Android Smartphone? If not at this moment, will such a possibility in the future?

I'm pretty sure it will, because when I connected it to my Windows computer and tablet, the first one was looking for drivers (but not much surprisingly didn't find any) and the AP60 showed a DAC screen with the bit depth and sampling rate. I hope that along with the USB DAC output, the input will become available too with the next firmware.

Oct 15, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #99 of 773
Could anyone tell me which cables included as accessories? micro-usb to micro-usb, usb type c to micro-usb or anything else.

Oct 15, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #101 of 773
HiFiChris : Really thanks for your reply. Sorry for asking you repetitively. I looked up Hidiz official facebook fanpage and I saw this comment below.

Could you confirm me once again that it is micro-usb not mini-usb ?

Thanks in advance.

Oct 15, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #102 of 773
@chaiyuta

I can 100% assure you that the AP60 that is currently less than 3 feet away away from me has got a micro USB socket (also see my photo below). Are there even any modern (= still in production) devices except for the Cherry MX Board 3.0 keyboards that are still using mini USB connectors?

Oct 15, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #105 of 773
  how is the bluetooth on this connected to headphones etc?

Great BT quality - with headphones that support aptX, the wireless stream quality is just as good as with the BlackBerry Q10 streaming music via aptX (and the BB has got a really good BT chip and wireless sound quality).

I would also mainly recommend to use the AP60 with Bluetooth headphones or as a digital source (as soon as the DAC gets enabled through a firmware update), as the sound quality out of the headphone port is not that great (moderate roll-off towards the sub-bass, not so quiet noise floor with really sensitive IEMs regarding the low power output, something odd about the treble). Yeah, I think the AP60 would work best as a pure transport device but not so well for standalone use (headphones directly connected to its output) as the SQ over the headphone output is only average at best imho.

Anyway, here are some pro and contra impressions I sent to another user who asked me via PM:

First the bad things: 

1. It has got a permanent sub-bass roll-off of 4 dB (noticeable if you listen to music that extends really low).
  2. Given that its headphone output is quite weak on power, the amount of hiss with sensitive IEMs is rather high.
  3. The digital output doesn't work yet (but they said they will enable it soon-ish).
  4. In my opinion, the navigation with the virtual touch buttons is really stupid at times (normal physical buttons would have been better).
  5. Even though I am more on the objective side and metrologically volume-matching devices when comparing them, there is something about the treble (sounds "flat" and lacks some details).

But the good things are:

1. Great scan speed and it takes 200 GB micro SD cards without any issues.
  2. The UI is well structured and response speed is excellent - nothing feels laggy or buggy.
  3. The volume control is very fine-grained and one can listen to music at really low volume levels.
  4. The output impedance (between 1 and 1.5 Ohms) is reasonably low.
  5. The Bluetooth quality is really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back