Hidizs AP60
Jan 16, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #421 of 773

May be my ear is sensitive and also i enjoy listening to music at low volumes... yes it has 80 steps, but for HD650 i had to use High gain 

Oh right 40 on low gain so on high gain that might be 25 maybe...but like I said to another person on here it sounds like it's got plenty of power for IEMs and I won't be using very sensitive ones with it.

You can use sensitive IEM, it has zero noise.

Jan 16, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #423 of 773

You can use sensitive IEM, it has zero noise.

Great! I had read that there was some hiss on high gain but other people have said there is none...I'm pretty sure I'm going to like it. I read one persons review and he compared it to the Fiio X1 and thought it sounded better than that so I'd say that's pretty good.

Personally i never prefer High gain.
If i want to use Heavy cans, i will never connect directly to AP60, i will use external amp.

Next, when we use high gain for high impedance cans, they don't hiss. Hiss is observable with low impedance cans/earbuds/iems.

And if it's low impedance, we will use low gain not high gain..:)

Jan 16, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #424 of 773
  Personally i never prefer High gain.
If i want to use Heavy cans, i will never connect directly to AP60, i will use external amp.

Next, when we use high gain for high impedance cans, they don't hiss. Hiss is observable with low impedance cans/earbuds/iems.

And if it's low impedance, we will use low gain not high gain..:)

So the could be some hiss using low impedance IEMs with the player on high gain? I guess I'll just stick to low gain as I don't really have any hard to drive IEMs anyways.

Jan 17, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #425 of 773
Greetings,

After short adventure with FiiO X1II I sold it due to lack of gapless and overall slow performance.
I was looking for some cheap gapless DAP which can replace my iPod Video - amazing player, but slightly too big. I found AP60 - 89 USD DAP with gapless, BT aptX etc.

1. Can anyone compare sound signature of AP60, Video and/or X1II?
2. Does gapless really work? On which formats?
3. Does battery last 10-12 h as it is described in specs?
4. I read about hiss, is it present only on IEM or you can hear it when using headphones too?

I use M50x as my main headphones. Maybe in some future I will buy some IEMs, bot it is not 100% sure.

Jan 17, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #426 of 773
  Greetings,

After short adventure with FiiO X1II I sold it due to lack of gapless and overall slow performance.
I was looking for some cheap gapless DAP which can replace my iPod Video - amazing player, but slightly too big. I found AP60 - 89 USD DAP with gapless, BT aptX etc.

1. Can anyone compare sound signature of AP60, Video and/or X1II?
2. Does gapless really work? On which formats?
3. Does battery last 10-12 h as it is described in specs?
4. I read about hiss, is it present only on IEM or you can hear it when using headphones too?

I use M50x as my main headphones. Maybe in some future I will buy some IEMs, bot it is not 100% sure.

I'm wondering the same things because I had the X1II and returned it because it was too frustratingly slow but I wont have my AP60 until tomorrow.

I have read that the gapless works at lease as well as it does on the Fiio X3II.

Read that the battery lasts at least 10 hours.

Read that there isn't really much hiss or according to some people none at all.

Jan 17, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #428 of 773
  Damn, it is go low price for so much. I think I'm gonna buy it at the end of the month.

I know it is a great price and from what I've read very well constructed. I think if I really like it I'll buy a second one to keep at work and one for home. I have the original AP100 and I really like that and I read the sound signature is similar to that (more on the neutral side..maybe a bit warmer) but it does sound good for the price.

Jan 17, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #429 of 773

Damn, it is go low price for so much. I think I'm gonna buy it at the end of the month.

I know it is a great price and from what I've read very well constructed. I think if I really like it I'll buy a second one to keep at work and one for home. I have the original AP100 and I really like that and I read the sound signature is similar to that (more on the neutral side..maybe a bit warmer) but it does sound good for the price.

It's super good value for money. Period

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #430 of 773
  It's super good value for money. Period

I'm really looking forward to getting it tomorrow.
smile.gif

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #431 of 773
I read about some rolloff on bass? How hearable is it?
I love sound of X1II with M50x duet to beautiful bass sound, very deep, powerful and clean, didn't interfere with middle range. Will AP60 sound worse?

Jan 17, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #433 of 773
I read about some rolloff on bass? How hearable is it?
I love sound of X1II with M50x duet to beautiful bass sound, very deep, powerful and clean, didn't interfere with middle range. Will AP60 sound worse?

Not very obvious when just listening to it on its own but quite easy noticeable when doing direct comparisons to other units that's more flat.

Ymmw as always.....

Jan 17, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #435 of 773
  Thanks for response.

Is there any DAP with similar capabilities in this price range? I mean DAP with working gapless, BT included, battery life 10h+ with price under 100 USD?

Shanling M1 if ordered from aliexpress, bit of a wait though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back