Hidizs AP60
Jan 23, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #451 of 773
I never compared them as a DAP standalone since I use them as transport fro DAP. But I think if I would only choose one, I would go with the M1, UI is better and I think it's more reactive to. Soundness, I think it's quite close. As for the size, I prefer the A60 better....overall both are a good choice!!!

Which is better as a source for the Mojo? Have you ever streamed Tidal from a phone to the ap60 to Mojo? Im trying to decide which one to get for my mojo as its only use.

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #452 of 773
Which is better as a source for the Mojo? Have you ever streamed Tidal from a phone to the ap60 to Mojo? Im trying to decide which one to get for my mojo as its only use.

As a source, I would say it's not that different in term of sound, M1 seems more open but AP60 has a more enveloping sound maybe more lush. Both are very good transport. AP60 is a better fit I think in term of size with the Mojo since it's not as wide as the M1. And yes, you can stream from a phone to the AP60 to Mojo. I've tried it and it works flawlessly. Right now, I'm using the M1 with my Mojo and gave the AP60 to my son so he can use it when he's taking the bus to go to school.

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #453 of 773
As a source, I would say it's not that different in term of sound, M1 seems more open but AP60 has a more enveloping sound maybe more lush. Both are very good transport. AP60 is a better fit I think in term of size with the Mojo since it's not as wide as the M1. And yes, you can stream from a phone to the AP60 to Mojo. I've tried it and it works flawlessly. Right now, I'm using the M1 with my Mojo and gave the AP60 to my son so he can use it when he's taking the bus to go to school.

Thanks!
Which one do you prefer? I like the cheaper price of the ap60. I wish Amazon would sell it, when click it it says 1 to 2 months for shipping.

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #454 of 773
Thanks!
Which one do you prefer? I like the cheaper price of the ap60. I wish Amazon would sell it, when click it it says 1 to 2 months for shipping.

I have a feeling the Colorfly C3 sounds better than the AP60, but the AP has a much better and more beautiful interface. Can anyone confirm if I'm wrong or right?

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #455 of 773
Thanks!

Right now there are much more FW update for the M1 and like I said, the UI is much better. In term of sound when using as a transport, I think I prefer the AP60, it's a bit warmer with Mojo and HD600. Seriously, you can't go wrong with one or the other!!! I will get tomorrow the new Sony A35 since I asked my parents to bring it back from their trip from Vietnam, can,t wait to try it!!!

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #456 of 773

Right now there are much more FW update for the M1 and like I said, the UI is much better. In term of sound when using as a transport, I think I prefer the AP60, it's a bit warmer with Mojo and HD600. Seriously, you can't go wrong with one or the other!!! I will get tomorrow the new Sony A35 since I asked my parents to bring it back from their trip from Vietnam, can,t wait to try it!!!

You can stream Spotify / Google Play Music from an Android to the M1 as well?

Jan 24, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #458 of 773

You can stream Spotify / Google Play Music from an Android to the M1 as well?

I don't use Google Play Music but Spotify works like a charm, can't see any reason that Google shouldn't work as well. In my experience eveything that can stream to a pair of Bluetooth headphones can stream to the M1 (and AP60) as well. 

Jan 26, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #459 of 773
Greetings,

I've only had a little time to play with my new AP60, but so far it seems pretty nice. I gave up on the FiiO X1 2nd-generation a little while back, mainly due to lack of gapless playback and it being incapable of connecting to the Bluetooth in my car, and decided to give the AP60 a try instead. It took a little while for me to figure out how to upgrade the firmware (which was pretty easy after I found the procedure online) and I haven't tested the Bluetooth yet, but it definitely handles gapless playback very well.

The only real problem I've found thus far (and something that I'm sure should be addressable in a future firmware fix) is an annoying thump when music starts and stops--and possibly when the codec has to change between tracks. I like to hook up my lossless players to our good stereo, which is where the noticeable thumps were most problematic.

In comparison to my old (first-generation) FiiO X1, the overall sound seems a bit smaller and it sounds like there is a bit of roll-off on both the low and high ends of the frequency spectrum. That being said, the AP60 brings out remarkable new clarity in the midrange that I've never heard before. I listened to two 24/96 albums--the latter being my band's latest album (beautifully mastered to 24/96 by the great Bob Katz)--and it was definitely an interesting experience. I prefer the bigger sound of the X1 in general, but will be very happy if the AP60 can play through my Honda CR-V OK when I finally get a chance to give that a try.

All in all, the AP60 seems like a good buy for the price.

Take care,

Alan

Jan 30, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #460 of 773
Hi again,

A brief update: Finally had a chance to try pairing the AP60 with my 2016 Honda CR-V via Bluetooth and I'm afraid the end result is that the AP60 would not actually play any music. The pairing itself went OK and I could actually change tracks (stuck in pause) from the control screen of my CR-V, but all attempts at playing simply failed. I really hope they fix the firmware so that the play functionality actually works.

Thanks and take care,

Alan

Jan 31, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #461 of 773
I used AP60 with one cheap Bluetooth cpeaker from Aliexpress ($6), and it worked fine..

By the way i have one small suggestion to Hidizs Dev team for next firmware update.
@Hidizs Hk When we enable the Volume control button to act as Prev and Next button when the screen is off.
Please use the Volume + button for next track and Volume - button to previous track. Right now it's opposite, i.e. Volume + button is working as previous button :frowning2:

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #463 of 773
Hello! I have a problem with my AP60. I have xDuoo XD-05 and I want connect my AP60 as USB transport to them. But I have a big problem. the sound output from the XD-05 is very quiet. The volume is set at maximum on AP60, and on XD-05. For comparison, a bunch Shanling M1 and XD-05 is working correctly, the sound is excellent and adjustable. OTG adapter checked, he's fine, through it works great with smartphone, and with M1 that are connected via an additional adapter micro USB to Type C. On AP60 installed the firmware 1.02 b, in settings exposed to USB mode. Help me, АР60 I like more than M1, ergonomically it fits me much more and it's the one I want to use as transport for XD-05.

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #464 of 773
  Hello! I have a problem with my AP60. I have xDuoo XD-05 and I want connect my AP60 as USB transport to them. But I have a big problem. the sound output from the XD-05 is very quiet. The volume is set at maximum on AP60, and on XD-05. For comparison, a bunch Shanling M1 and XD-05 is working correctly, the sound is excellent and adjustable. OTG adapter checked, he's fine, through it works great with smartphone, and with M1 that are connected via an additional adapter micro USB to Type C. On AP60 installed the firmware 1.02 b, in settings exposed to USB mode. Help me, АР60 I like more than M1, ergonomically it fits me much more and it's the one I want to use as transport for XD-05.

You like the sound quality better on the AP60 vs M1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back