Hidizs AP60
Oct 18, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #136 of 773
There is a serious problem with 0.01beta firmware that makes impossible to update the player ( at least it seems so to all people who got it ).
Hidizs and Penonaudio knows it and they offer you to change the player.
Penonaudio sent me an email today telling that it was shipped today ( with the same tracking number as the old one)
I hope to get it at least ...

Oct 18, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #137 of 773

- connecting bluetooth headphones you can't control, as usual, the player from headphones buttons and to Play/Pause/FFwd/Rewind you must use player buttons.
=====================================================================================

thanks, guess ill wait to order. Who knows what firmware is on it from those different seller. Also if the bluetooth headphone buttons do not work on this player, then ill probably stick to the old xperia mini pro as a player.

Oct 18, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #138 of 773
It could be that the player requires an FAT32-formatted card in order to update the firmware. That said, I had no issues upgrading from 0.03 to 0.04.

Anyway, I think the firmware is good and well structured and that the UI is well structured too and without any lag. I can't say though that I am a fan of the touch button navigation and also don't find it the most convenient thing that fast-forwarding and -rewinding is done with the up- and down-buttons.

Anyway, as soon as the USB DAC is enabled through an FW update, the AP60 might become a good inexpensive transport device and already works and sounds great with Bluetooth devices.

Oct 18, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #140 of 773
I agree. The problem is just related to the 0.01 firmware. I tried with 5 different brands and GB cards, formatted ( FAT32 ) with the player and with 2 different computers with different windows versions, and it was impossible to update.

Oct 19, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #147 of 773
And how does this AKM dac compare to the 4490? That is by far my favorite dac out so far and I was wondering if this is close.

My Axon 7 has a 4490. The performance is relatively close, but the AP60 sounds more neutral.

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #149 of 773
Hi Fumanshu

Pls Pm me your order number on Penon Audio, There is a firmware problem with 0.01 beta.
and offe rme your delivery address, I will ask Penon Audio to send you a new AP60 with update firmware.

Sorry to bring you some trouble.

Thanks

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #150 of 773
Hi Fumanshu

Pls Pm me your order number on Penon Audio, There is a firmware problem with 0.01 beta.
and offe rme your delivery address, I will ask Penon Audio to send you a new AP60 with update firmware.

Sorry to bring you some trouble.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back