Hidizs AP200
Jan 6, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #16 of 91
So using my Hidizs Ap200 64GB with the 0.21 software I found everything working well , with the minor annoying keyboard touch centric issue. One thing I did initially is that I used Spotify and Tidal with offline collections ( over 32GB ) of downloads. The player was a breeze, output was great.

Then

I decided to install a micro SD with 28GB of music that I use for my players. Let the thing scan which I notice some lag every 50 or so sngs. When Finally it finished scan I went in to Pure Msic mode to listen and all "hell broke lose" the system became super slow, unresponsive,etc. I re started to be sure that maybe something had happened during the scan. To my surprise even accessing the settings was soooooo slow. It was so bad that on one attempt to turr it off it rebooted in full Chinese mode and sudden went into a full hard reset.

When I came out of that reboot I had to get it back to English and finally did the whole thing again , meaning I did not installed anything I went into Pure Music mode let is scan and then tried to play music, it went again into sloooooow motion,etc.

I turned it off and re started it with no card, set up Play Store and Installed Tidal plus Spotify and re offlined the same 32 GB. Surprised the unit work flawlessly with no issue and I am currently listening to Tidal off line on the unit. Streaming also works flawlessly.

Surprising what I did I re inserted a different card with only 500 songs while insuring that no other process was running ( I even turned wi fi off) and surprise once I went into Pure Music the unit became unresponsive.

So it is evident that Android system and apps work great. Also downloaded JetAudio and PowerAmp scan and operation of the unit was great

The transition to Hidizs ( powered by Hiby) is the culprit. Separately I moved the same 100 songs into the internal memory and everything described repeated itself, so its not a read/write issue, library size. Its the whole Hiby and almost identical to what I experienced with the Cayin i5. It worked great as long as I did not go into the Pure Mode. So somehow HiBy implementation is the core of the issue.

As Cayin and Hidizs cannot be doing the same mistake.

The Hidizs unit hardware is of a great built quality, sound via the Android Apps is quite great. As long as I keep out of that Pure Music mode and use other Audio Players the unit is perfect

I am kind of suspicious of HiBY :frowning2:

Jan 6, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #17 of 91
What kind of MicroSD card are you using? I haven't run into those issue with my card, but I also don't have 32GB of music on it. Only a couple of gigs. I'm using a 200GB Sandisk card in mine.

Jan 6, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #19 of 91
I just finished testing after changing to Beta 0.2.2 and have noticed that system "slowness" has gone away but it took 2 resets prior to getting it stable. Using the built in app for music from a micro SD card. However what was interesting is that after the install I tried running HiBy and it was the same ordeal, only when I re-scanned using JetAudio Plus, then HiBy became responsive.Not sure if HiBy scan system is the component that created all the conflicts and once JetAudio indexed everything it got rid of whatever was holding up HiBy.

Will keep testing

Jan 7, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #20 of 91
IMG_7557.jpg
Some update info fyi:
Guys

Got this from them yesterday

"Hi, we are about to release the newest firmware in one week. And we are planning to creat a google drive download that time.

Please kindly wait a few days."

Jan 8, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #21 of 91
Question. I have a Bose Soundlink Revolve+ that sounds fantastic connected to my iPhone via Bluetooth, but when connected to the AP200 via Bluetooth, playing the same song, it doesn’t sound anywhere as good.

I thought that Bluetooth would be just sending data and the DAC is on the Bose itself, so technically they should sound identical?

The only differences -
iPhone/ Apple Music Streaming
AP200/ Hidizs Music FLAC

Am I missing something? Why would the sound via the AP200 be so much worse?

Cheers.

Jan 8, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #22 of 91
Quoted from email:

Shipping of Hidizs AP200 Orders on IGG Fulfilled!

Dear backers,

We are thrilled to inform you that the shipping of Hidizs AP200 orders on Indiegogo has been fulfilled. Tracking numbers will be sent to you within few days. Our project landed on Indiegogo Indemand nearly three months ago, and we’ve encountered challenges and obstacles during the course of time, such as production issues and resulted in 2-month of a shipping delay.

Again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

However, challenges and difficulties didn’t stop us from moving forward. Instead, they refined us in every aspect. We greatly appreciate your comments and your feedback, they will help us to improve the quality of AP200 continually; and we have no doubt that this valuable experience will help us to even better in the future.

We apologize for the lack of communication in the past few month, as all of our manpower were focus on pushing the mass production. And now as most production have been finished, we will start to reply all the comments and E-mail.

But please do note that IGG comments is not a support section, please email service@hidizs.com if you encounter any problem while using AP200; our team is ready to serve you. Please stay tuned and follow us on our official website and facebook for regular updates.

So once again, thank you very much for your support.

Best,

Hidizs Team

Worth the wait... worth the wait.
We'll see what we'll see, won't we?

Jan 10, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #24 of 91
One month after the allegedly shipment completion announcement, KS backer still haven't received the player but more and more local retailer popping up with physical stocks.

So everyone is sceptical towards any announcements from hidizs.

The message that highlighted the allegedly dishonest conduct from hidizs was deleted and whole thread was locked.

Jan 10, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #25 of 91
One month after the allegedly shipment completion announcement, KS backer still haven't received the player but more and more local retailer popping up with physical stocks.

So everyone is sceptical towards any announcements from hidizs.

The message that highlighted the allegedly dishonest conduct from hidizs was deleted and whole thread was locked.

Which model did you order?

Jan 10, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #26 of 91
I ordered 64gb carbon figre glass back. Today supposed to get the tracking from hidizs (if you believe their words).

The last time (a month ago) they replied they told me my request was being processed. After that they were silent across all platforms.

During this one month with their allegedly full force production, backer shipments were delayed. More retailer are getting more stocks in different colour and capacity. Haha allegedly they have finished shipping to backer before they handle retailer.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #27 of 91
I ordered 64gb carbon figre glass back. Today supposed to get the tracking from hidizs (if you believe their words).

The last time (a month ago) they replied they told me my request was being processed. After that they were silent across all platforms.

During this one month with their allegedly full force production, backer shipments were delayed. More retailer are getting more stocks in different colour and capacity. Haha allegedly they have finished shipping to backer before they handle retailer.

They did mention to one of the KS backers that they had issues with the glass rear back models, and those were delayed. I receive my Rosewood model two weeks before Christmas.

Jan 10, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #28 of 91
Rosewood model was delayed. 128gb model was delayed. I don't remember seeing carbon fibre back was delayed. Anyway doesn't matter. I only know I still don't have the player to play with. Happy as the os is full of bugs. Not happy with the treatment from hidizs.

my local retailer and even penon audio have both 32/64 GB and all choice of back plate listed while our orders are delayed.

Jan 10, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #29 of 91
Rosewood model was delayed. 128gb model was delayed. I don't remember seeing carbon fibre back was delayed. Anyway doesn't matter. I only know I still don't have the player to play with. Happy as the os is full of bugs. Not happy with the treatment from hidizs.

my local retailer and even penon audio have both 32/64 GB and all choice of back plate listed while our orders are delayed.

Ya... Hidizs' communication has sucked on KS and IGG. KS backers like myself and a few others have been helping other backers figure out how to do firmware updates, connect in USB DAC mode, etc. I do love my player, and the bugs aren't significant in the v0.2.2Beta firmware. The wifi and bluetooth implementation isn't perfect, but I haven't had the difficulties other backers have had. The wifi and bluetooth strength is a little on the weak side, but it hasn't cause me any issues. Someone on KS was reporting that Hidizs is planning to release another firmware update this week, so hopefully they'll be closer fixing all of the bugs and addressing some of the other issues, such as battery performance, and the wifi/bluetooth issues some others are experiencing.

On the plus side, receiving your unit at a later date should result in receiving a better build compared to some of the people that received theirs a couple of months ago. One guy on KS is always complaining about something regarding his unit.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #30 of 91
I bought this player because of its capability in streaming thru wifi and bluetooth and as a digital transport. None of these are working fine until they release further firmware update. Apart from the delay, most of the complaints are around the software so hopefully it will become a more polished player with future update.

My guess is that, allegedly, Hidizs is arrogant and have over promised the backers and the retailers. Weighing the consequences they "allegedly" choose to under deliver to the backers since there is no commercial obligations to the backer vs the binding arrangement with the retailers. Worst case, they failed to address the delay with proper communication and planning. Repeatedly going against their own words.

Well I hope they learn from their mistake but looking at the way they are flashing the news on their upcoming DAC/Amp and the new player for 2018 amid the delay in AP200 , I seriously doubt so.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back