Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi!
Feb 11, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #721 of 749
  Hi Hidizs-Team, hello all,
I bought the AP100 and now I´ve got a few questions.
My firmware is V1.31075. Is this the newest one?
I use a new Sandisk Extreme Plus with 64gb formatted with FAT32 on a Mac. It´s now filled with Music with proper ID-Tags. When I want to update the Music Library in the preferences, it starts counting and soon hangs up showing a blue screen. Same with the album and artist-Scan.
(By the way, this MicroSD-card worked before formatting it properly in a Fiio X3 during a week, so I guess it´s ok.)
What can I do about this? 
Thanks in advance,
best wishes

I've ever only encountered the blue screen on a handful of occasions in the couple years owning it, I might be wrong but it might be caused by a bad file, mines has always shown during playback and never on a scan.

I would pay close attention to the scan count number next time it hangs, record exactly whereabouts it hangs, is it the same figure each time?

Copy all the music off the sd card, then put back a few folders at a time, perhaps an 1/8th of the data each time, let it scan each time, perhaps this way u can find the pesky file causing the BSOD.

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #723 of 749
I remember that there was a 6000 file limit. But that should have been fixed in recent firmwares.

Nop, I believe that still exists. The 6000 is purely a limit on the id3tag library, browsing via files and folders and all the music would still be there. Also, a file limit never caused a BSOD before for anyone else (AFAIK), so I think this is either a issue with the AP100 (doubtful) or a bad file somewhere.

Feb 26, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #724 of 749

I can't use the DAC function. I could only find one driver set. I'm not a novice of user and I've tried installing the device but the drivers won't install on Windows 10 x64.

Please forgive my dumb questions, but please tell me:

What was the step you couldn't overcome?
What was the error message?
Have you disabled windows defender?
Have you disabled the anti-virus software and firewall(if present)?
What permissions does your account has?
Have you tried it with Administator account? (please not that I mean not the default account that has administator's permissions, but an Administrator account, which is disabled by default)

Ok, now a couple of things. I don't enforce Administrative settings. I don't see how antivirus applications or defender could cause any obstacles here. Nonetheless, I don't have any AV apps, just the defender.

When i go to add a device, I manually find the Hidizs connected, and it has that error icon on it (not working properly). Then I load the driver and install in manually. The installation fails saying an error occurred with the drivers I suggested.

I think we need the right drivers but I can't find em anywhere. How people can use it is beyond me. Where are the drivers? Maybe my firmware is the most recent 1.31 something (and actually a beta version I think) but the drivers are from 0.76 or 0.79 or something. All other firmware packs including the latest one do not have the Windows driver .inf file. And I can't find it anywhere.

Oh wait...

I was able to do it.

(Pressed Shift+Restart on Windows. Gave me options to restart. I disabled driver digital signature verification. After restarting, I was able to install the drivers successfully. Working great now. Will try not to dumb down next time.

I can finally appreciate my DAP  little more. It's actually pretty good... and ALMOST runs my Hifiman He400i... not too impressive but decent volumes. But that is to be expected now.

Of course it's not recommended that one resort to this feature routinely, but it's good to know it's there when I may need it (on the go,  that is).

Thanks for the help guys!!!

Mar 3, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #725 of 749
Hi all, 
I need you help! I bought an Hidizs AP100 and I need a longer version of the delivered MiniJack 3,5 3-Pin to Coax-cable. I live in Germany and I´ve been looking for it on Ebay, Amazon and other sites, without success. Fiio have a 4-Pin, but I´ve read that this does not work with the coax out of the AP100. The seller can´t help me and even Hidizs are not really supporting this issue.
Can you help me? A Link, a shop in Europe, or anywhere to find a cable longer than 10" to connect the AP100 and an Onkyo A-9010 digitally.
Thank you in advance!

Aug 12, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #731 of 749
I am trying to update the fw of an AP100 which currently has 1.31070. The problem is that after I've loaded the the file into the root of the storage I am not getting anything in the settings to start the upgrade. It's been too long since I've upgraded perhaps I've forgotten how to upgrade. How does one do it?

Nevermind, but in case anyone needs it here it is:

1. Click the link to download the latest firmware
2. Unzip the zip file and copy the file to your microSD card.
3. Switch off the machine
4. Hold the BACK button and press the POWER button to turn on the machine

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #732 of 749
Hi folks,

I own an AP100 that once gave me much satisfaction, resulting way better than my phone, a couple of years ago. Now i don't know if it's the new firmware, or the new phone, but i find no difference between it and ad my amped smartphone. Tried with 070 and 075 fw. Is it possible to downgrade to check?

Sep 15, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #733 of 749
Oh dear. My power button just collapsed. I opened the unit and the button fixture broke off the board. I was surprised that there is nothing - absolutely nothing - behind the button on the board to brace it. No wonder it broke. At this point I'm not sure about fixing it even if I can. It's annoyances have been bothering me more of late: very hard to access memory card, low quality screen, and lack of software progression and features including an option for mono playback and a better equalizer.

I am not very good at soldering small electronics. Does anyone know someone who fixes these?

Jan 22, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #734 of 749
i contacted with hidizs support, they were trying to narrow down the problem. it's battery life was getting shorter so i had ordered a new one, one month ago. it showed up recently and i replaced the battery. problem gone. it explains why it shows no problem while connected to pc or power outlet.

Hello,
Last week, I purchased a brand new Hidizs ap100 from Amazon , and after using the device for 2 days, it suddenly started to have the exact same issues as you have described above. The device rebooted itself whenever I clicked on a file to play, but it worked just fine when it was connected to a power supply or PC. After reading your post I thought I got the one with a faulty battery unit. So, I contacted Amazon customer service, and they said they would fully refund me after I shipped it back to amazon. I really liked how ap100 sounded, but I am not sure if I should order another one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back