Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi!
Jan 26, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #706 of 749
The fix for installing the driver to use the DAC feature was provided earlier in this thread.

You need to disable driver signature in order to get the driver to install.

Please see the instructions at this url:

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/disabling-driver-signature-on-windows-8/disabling-signed-driver-enforcement-on-windows-8

For Windows 10 go into Settings and Search for "Change advanced startup options" and then follow the rest of the instructions from there.

Jan 26, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #707 of 749
I can't use the DAC function. I could only find one driver set. I'm not a novice of user and I've tried installing the device but the drivers won't install on Windows 10 x64.

The fix for installing the driver to use the DAC feature was provided earlier in this thread.

You need to disable driver signature in order to get the driver to install.

Please see the instructions at this url:

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/disabling-driver-signature-on-windows-8/disabling-signed-driver-enforcement-on-windows-8

For Windows 10 go into Settings and Search for "Change advanced startup options" and then follow the rest of the instructions from there.

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #708 of 749
Does anyone's AP100 when charging get "stuck" at 99%? Mine seems to do this half of the time...it charges to 99% but never makes it to 100%. It's not really a big deal and the battery life is normal I was just wondering.

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #709 of 749
  Does anyone's AP100 when charging get "stuck" at 99%? Mine seems to do this half of the time...it charges to 99% but never makes it to 100%. It's not really a big deal and the battery life is normal I was just wondering.

I have the same issue usually, not sure what to do with it, honestly.

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #710 of 749

I guess it's a bug in the firmware but it isn't really a big deal because the battery life is normal. I don't think Hidizs is working much on firmware for the AP100 anymore what with the AP60 and the upcoming AP200. I don't know if the AP200 is going to replace the AP100 or what it will be.

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #711 of 749

I guess it's a bug in the firmware but it isn't really a big deal because the battery life is normal. I don't think Hidizs is working much on firmware for the AP100 anymore what with the AP60 and the upcoming AP200. I don't know if the AP200 is going to replace the AP100 or what it will be.

Yep, I'm also curious about AP200 and guess it's quite hard to expect the new firmware for AP100. And there are no third-party solutions like Rockbox, for example.

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #712 of 749

Yep, I'm also curious about AP200 and guess it's quite hard to expect the new firmware for AP100. And there are no third-party solutions like Rockbox, for example.

Yeah the AP100 was released in 2014 I think so it seems they are done with anymore firmware updates which is too bad because more could be done although I'm not unhappy with mine. I like the AP100 because it has buttons and they are durable as well as it sounding great. I wasn't impressed with Fiio's mechanical scroll wheel on their x series players and I prefer buttons over touch screens.

Feb 7, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #713 of 749

I charged my AP100 tonight and it made it all the way to 100%. I used a different charger than usual...maybe it has something to do with the charger that it stops at 99%...probably not but it's a theory...more likely a bug in the firmware.

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #714 of 749

I'm the same, stuck at 99%, I always took that as meaning full anyway, I mean during testing 1hr correlates pretty well to being 10% battery drain...

I haven't seen or heard anything about a AP200, are there any leaked pics or anything yet of this thing?

Feb 8, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #715 of 749

I'm the same, stuck at 99%, I always took that as meaning full anyway, I mean during testing 1hr correlates pretty well to being 10% battery drain...

I haven't seen or heard anything about a AP200, are there any leaked pics or anything yet of this thing?

Yes I figured 99% was full too but I was surprised to see it at 100% since I think I've only seen that once before. I haven't seen any pictures of the AP200 but Hidizs said back during the CES 2017 that it was there on display in their booth so I'm kind of surprised I haven't even been able to find a picture of it. Personally I'd be happy if they kept the AP100 and upgraded it a bit to improve the battery performance. I really like the size of it and the buttons...it's become my favorite DAP and the one I use daily over the last few months.

Feb 8, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #716 of 749

I think I spoke too soon...I got to work today and started listening and after just half an hour of listening the battery dropped to a about 75%. Hopefully it's just an anomaly.

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #717 of 749

I think I spoke too soon...I got to work today and started listening and after just half an hour of listening the battery dropped to a about 75%. Hopefully it's just an anomaly.

IIRC the AP100 takes a Samsung Galaxy 4 battery? And it's a pretty much easyish job to open and replace... maybe someone else can chime in and confirm this.

Feb 10, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #718 of 749

IIRC the AP100 takes a Samsung Galaxy 4 battery? And it's a pretty much easyish job to open and replace... maybe someone else can chime in and confirm this.

Well it seems it's ok today and yesterday. I charged it to 99% again and it was fine yesterday and Im using it again today with about 50% battery left so that seems like normal again. I gues sit was just one of those things. When it charged to 100% maybe it wasn't actually there ...I don't know but it's been fine the last two days.

Feb 11, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #719 of 749
Hi Hidizs-Team, hello all,
I bought the AP100 and now I´ve got a few questions.
My firmware is V1.31075. Is this the newest one?
I use a new Sandisk Extreme Plus with 64gb formatted with FAT32 on a Mac. It´s now filled with Music with proper ID-Tags. When I want to update the Music Library in the preferences, it starts counting and soon hangs up showing a blue screen. Same with the album and artist-Scan.
(By the way, this MicroSD-card worked before formatting it properly in a Fiio X3 during a week, so I guess it´s ok.)
What can I do about this? 
Thanks in advance,
best wishes

Feb 11, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #720 of 749
  Hi Hidizs-Team, hello all,
I bought the AP100 and now I´ve got a few questions.
My firmware is V1.31075. Is this the newest one?
I use a new Sandisk Extreme Plus with 64gb formatted with FAT32 on a Mac. It´s now filled with Music with proper ID-Tags. When I want to update the Music Library in the preferences, it starts counting and soon hangs up showing a blue screen. Same with the album and artist-Scan.
(By the way, this MicroSD-card worked before formatting it properly in a Fiio X3 during a week, so I guess it´s ok.)
What can I do about this? 
Thanks in advance,
best wishes

075 is the latest firmware. I doubt that it's a problem with the SD card.

You can try an older firmware (e.g. 071 or 073) and see if the issue persists. Here is my collection of Hidizs firmwares: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/izr1x46j4wxixig/AADU4fVc7wB3k7tDxB_c3Rjpa?dl=0
For 071 and 075 I have the original files, for 073 I only have one with a custom theme (which is not from me in this case). I never spent the time to re-pack it with the original theme because I am happy with 071.

As far as I know, you cannot go below 071 because the latest model of the AP100 does not accept an older firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back