Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi!
Jul 5, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #378 of 749
Hi.  I purchased the Hidizs AP100 last week with the 70 beta firmware, and I just love it.  WOW. Paired with the Shure 846 earphones, I'm still trying to get up off the floor.  Where can I get a user manual for this, there was none in the sealed new box, only a small card showing the buttons, etc.  I presume there's one online so I won't have to bug you with dumb questions like this one:  I see "playists" on the menu, but how do I create, rename, or add songs to the playlists?  Totally baffled. BTW, all my songs are in folders if this matters.
Thanks in advance.

Jul 18, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #381 of 749
I have spent some time going between different versions of the firmware
I can not hear any difference in sound quality in the most recent ones but one thing that has improved from my experience with this special edition version is that the shuffle function actually appears to do a true random shuffle
With the other versions you would seem to get a lot of the same songs coming up even after adding more songs and rebuilding library
As i listen mainly in shuffle mode this is a good improvement in my view

Jul 20, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #382 of 749
Did someone try this FW  "special edition" ?
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1hqEdIpY#path=%252FHidizs%2520AP100%252FHidizs%2520AP100%2520%25E5%259B%25BA%25E4%25BB%25B6%252F%25E7%2589%25B9%25E5%2588%25AB%25E7%2589%2588%25E5%259B%25BA%25E4%25BB%25B6​

What do you think about it ? 
confused.gif

Jul 20, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #383 of 749
Dear support team,

I just received my new AP100. It came with firmware 069 and I upgraded it to 070. The procedure was smooth, no problems there.

I decided on the purchase because I read you were supporting m3u playlists. The files are indeed correctly parsed and played back. But it seems that there is no place on the disk where the current playback position (track and seconds within the track) is saved, when I either turn off the device or start listening to other material.

I have a main 5000+ playlist that I prepare with my management software. I like to follow that playlist, but at times there are standalone audio tracks (radio programs, conferences) that I must or just want to listen to. When that listening is over, I like to be able to return to the long list at the right place. This was possible with Rockbox, that I have been using for many many years. With the current Hidizs firmware, it seems that I have to skip forward manually. This is far from desirable when you have to do with lists of thousands of tracks.

Is there a way for the position in the various playlists to be saved and restored when needed? If not, is there some hope for this to be possible with the next firmware version?

Carlo

Jul 21, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #384 of 749
My two month old Ap100's power button has failed on me, it will only power up automatically  when the a power source is added. Has anyone else experienced this? I really love the sound of this player, but I doubt I will purchase another.

Update: Recieved my new player compliments of Hidizs, Thank you!

Jul 21, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #385 of 749
  My two month old Ap100's power button has failed on me, it will only power up automatically  when the a power source is added. Has anyone else experienced this? I really love the sound of this player, but I doubt I will purchase another.

I love the sound of it too and am anxious for their next generation.  Their website expounds on their warranty and your purchase is certainly still under it.  I would get it replaced.  Have you been to the Hidizs website and registered your DAP?

Jul 22, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #388 of 749
It's been a while since there's been an a new update.  Has Hidizs moved on to the AP300 and stopped work on the AP100?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back