Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi!
Jan 19, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #106 of 749
  Read:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/740804/hidizs-ap100-dap-support-team-now-on-head-fi/90#post_11233516

got it to work exactly as described in that post. thanks a bunch 
biggrin.gif

this is certainly strange that i had to format in NTFS for the Hidizs to recognize the card. hope they fix this in the next FW. meanwhile i must say the Hidizs does sound excellent with my Sony XBA3. hope it does better with an incoming Audeo PFE232

Jan 19, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #107 of 749

got it to work exactly as described in that post. thanks a bunch 
biggrin.gif

this is certainly strange that i had to format in NTFS for the Hidizs to recognize the card. hope they fix this in the next FW. meanwhile i must say the Hidizs does sound excellent with my Sony XBA3. hope it does better with an incoming Audeo PFE232

Actually, I opted to format to NTFS, just to see if it would work.  Since it's working, I'll continue using it.  I think it's the HP tool that works.

Jan 19, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #109 of 749
  Dear Hidizs Team,

would it be possible to implement the gapless playback mode in the next final fw release?

I think that gapless playback is probably the most called for feature on the AP100.

I would also like to be able to disable the SRC and EQ buttons in the menu because it is very easy to accidentally press these side-mounted buttons. 

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #110 of 749

I think that gapless playback is probably the most called for feature on the AP100.

I would also like to be able to disable the SRC and EQ buttons in the menu because it is very easy to accidentally press these side-mounted buttons. 

You accidentally press the buttons while it's in the case?

Jan 19, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #112 of 749
no, but I rarely use the case. Whilst some may find these buttons convenient; I never use the eq and see no reason for changing SRC
,once selected, but it's very easy to change these settings without noticing.

I'm the same as you.  I never use the buttons either, but I use the case.  I agree though, they should add a menu setting to disable the EQ and SRC buttons.  The lock button doesn't help either?

Jan 19, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #113 of 749
I do use those buttons. In fact, it is very easy to hear the difference by pressing the button whilst the music is playing.

Jan 19, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #114 of 749
I do use those buttons. In fact, it is very easy to hear the difference by pressing the button whilst the music is playing.

Yes, but I'm sure a lot of people don't and I find it annoying that if I accidentally press one of the buttons I then have to repeatedly press it again to get back to where I want it to be, so a menu option to disable them would suit everyone. Perhaps if the buttons were recessed it wouldn't be a problem but that would mean changing the hardware.

When I first received the player I used the SRC button fairly often, and it does have a significant effect on the sound (probably more than it should), but.... it is a bit of a novelty and now I tend to prefer to listen to recordings at there native sample rate. The EQ on the AP100 works quite well but it does degrade the sound when active so I always switch it off and would prefer it to stay off.

Jan 20, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #116 of 749
Jan 22, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #120 of 749
  We are still testing the fw 
rolleyes.gif

Ok... np.  Was just curious.  Pretty happy with my AP100.  Been listening to it at work for the past couple of days.  Just hope you guys add USB DAC functionality at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back