Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi!
Jan 16, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #91 of 749
It is incorrect to call this an "Impedance adapter" as it is really a resistive attenuator which, in effect, reduces the sensitivity of the earphones and makes everything quieter i.e. signal and noise.

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #93 of 749

There's a new design of the silver version, the back looks great. But I like the old front better. I wonder if there's any changes in the hardware. May I ask when the next update gonna show up?
@Hidizs

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #94 of 749
Connecting resistance in series with a 19 Ohm earphone will destroy the sound as the damping factor will be reduced to an unacceptable level; all this would do is swap one problem for another.

The noise issue can only be addressed by Hidizs. In the meantime, I would say that the AP100 is not a suitable match for sensitive transducers.

Incidentally, noise is only a problem with sensitive earphones, I do not wish to deter anyone from buying an AP100 for use with earphones of more typical sensitivity as the noise is really not an issue and it is a very good sounding player.

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #95 of 749
  Fischer Amps FA-4

Thanks... I'll be running VSonic VSD1S and GR07 Classic IEMs through them.  Both sets have a lower sensitivity than your Fischer Amps IEMs.  Keeping my fingers crossed that I won't hear any hissing.

Jan 16, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #96 of 749

There's a new design of the silver version, the back looks great. But I like the old front better. I wonder if there's any changes in the hardware. May I ask when the next update gonna show up?
@Hidizs

Is this the final design? If so, there is not much of a difference except the back plate. The silver looks good though. Better than black I guess.

Jan 17, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #98 of 749
  Well, somehow the reset button seems to work, AFTER I remove the sd card 
biggrin.gif

So, this leads me to (temporary) conclusion that the sd card is the culprit 
rolleyes.gif

Let's see if another sd card bring same result or not 
wink_face.gif

It's been working properly since last night using only the internal memory, no random crash and reboot, and the power button now working well

Too bad that means for the time being I can't use my sd card with the ap100

Still going to contact the seller though after the holiday 
biggrin.gif

I ran into the same issue last night with my 64GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSD card last night.  Picked up the AP100 from Fedex and before listening to it, I updated it to the v69b4 firmware.  I formatted the card to FAT32 using some random utility, then copy the firmware over, popped it into the AP100, and successfully flashed it.  No issues.

After that, I removed the card from the AP100 and slid it back into my laptop to copy over some music.  First thing I did was delete the firmware (no format was done), then I started to copy my FLAC files over.  Once I was done, I put the card back into my AP100 while it was shut off.  When it was powered up again, I attempted to scan the MicroSD card for music, but it failed.  Odd how it read my card for the firmware update, but failed to read after I copied music onto it.

I'm not too sure what went wrong, so I thought maybe the AP100 didn't like the random formatting utility I used.  I know my MicroSD card works, because I've been using it in my DX50 for several months without any issues.  I ended up downloading the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool (link below), since I've had great success using it in the past, and formatted the card to NTFS.  Then I re-copied some music over to the card again, and popped the card back into the AP100 again while it was powered off.  When I turned it on again and scanned for music, this time it found everything.  I used it for a couple of hours last night, and everything seemed to work properly.  No glitches whatsoever.

HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Hard-Disk-Utils/HP-USB-Disk-Storage-Format-Tool.shtml

Jan 17, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #99 of 749
  I ran into the same issue last night with my 64GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSD card last night.  Picked up the AP100 from Fedex and before listening to it, I updated it to the v69b4 firmware.  I formatted the card to FAT32 using some random utility, then copy the firmware over, popped it into the AP100, and successfully flashed it.  No issues.

After that, I removed the card from the AP100 and slid it back into my laptop to copy over some music.  First thing I did was delete the firmware (no format was done), then I started to copy my FLAC files over.  Once I was done, I put the card back into my AP100 while it was shut off.  When it was powered up again, I attempted to scan the MicroSD card for music, but it failed.  Odd how it read my card for the firmware update, but failed to read after I copied music onto it.

I'm not too sure what went wrong, so I thought maybe the AP100 didn't like the random formatting utility I used.  I know my MicroSD card works, because I've been using it in my DX50 for several months without any issues.  I ended up downloading the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool (link below), since I've had great success using it in the past, and formatted the card to NTFS.  Then I re-copied some music over to the card again, and popped the card back into the AP100 again while it was powered off.  When I turned it on again and scanned for music, this time it found everything.  I used it for a couple of hours last night, and everything seemed to work properly.  No glitches whatsoever.

HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Hard-Disk-Utils/HP-USB-Disk-Storage-Format-Tool.shtml

Did you have some other issues beside the scanning?

It was restarting randomly like crazy last time I put my sd card into it.

But since then (about two weeks ago maybe) I don't use any sd card and my ap100 working very well without problem.

Jan 17, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #100 of 749
Did you have some other issues beside the scanning?

It was restarting randomly like crazy last time I put my sd card into it.

But since then (about two weeks ago maybe) I don't use any sd card and my ap100 working very well without problem.

Which brand of card and which firmware are you on?

Jan 17, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #102 of 749
Jan 17, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #103 of 749
I assume u did a factory reset after loading the firmware? Try other MicroSD cards?

Yes, I did, as instructed in the manual.

And no, I haven't try other cards, so there still hope for my ap100 haha

=======================================================
Change of topic, i found this player to be a good match with RHA MA750i (bought this along the player as a bundle from jaben) 
atsmile.gif

Too bad a week after I bought it, they started selling T10i, I should have wait a little bit longer 
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #104 of 749
hey guys, i just bought 2 microsd 64gb cards (sandisk xtreme & adata) & both card arent recognized by the Hidizs player. i used fat32format utility in win7 to format both cards to fat32 but both cards are still  not recognized. what did i do wrong or what didnt i do?

any assistance will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

Jan 18, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #105 of 749
  hey guys, i just bought 2 microsd 64gb cards (sandisk xtreme & adata) & both card arent recognized by the Hidizs player. i used fat32format utility in win7 to format both cards to fat32 but both cards are still  not recognized. what did i do wrong or what didnt i do?

any assistance will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

Read:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/740804/hidizs-ap100-dap-support-team-now-on-head-fi/90#post_11233516

Users who are viewing this thread

Back