HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Jan 10, 2024 at 6:27 AM Post #3,137 of 3,437
I believe the early ones came in a leather case.
IMG_8288.jpeg

it's beautiful

Jan 10, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #3,138 of 3,437
Jan 10, 2024 at 7:28 AM Post #3,139 of 3,437
I was considering that possibility. I’m sure I could replace the battery myself if I can source one. The one in the classifieds I’m considering is just about a year old with not a lot of use on it, so warranty may have just expired. It hasn’t been sent in for any service. It was bought from Musicteck. I do like the early ones with the suitcase. The question is, do I feel lucky? :beyersmile:

I’d be interested in hearing anyone’s rs8 out of warranty repair story and costs involved. DM is fine.
If you are in the EU i'd buy from zococity, they run lots of deals AND they give you 3 years of warranty, that was a no brainer for me. I rather have to save for some time and get sure i get appropriate support than save a thousand to spend as much to repair (and maybe wait months and play the delivery lottery with customs)

Jan 10, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #3,140 of 3,437
I have an earlier model RS8 and have never had a problem. Try to keep in mind that it's the people with problems who tend to populate threads like this. I am quite positive there are far more than 25 owners with a large, silent percentage who are quite happy. Just my $.02. It's the best portable sound I have ever heard - AND you can endlessly tailor the sound to your liking with plugins, filters and MSEB. Hiby is quite unique that way. And customer service is great, as witnessed by these pages.

Jan 10, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #3,141 of 3,437
I have an earlier model RS8 and have never had a problem. Try to keep in mind that it's the people with problems who tend to populate threads like this. I am quite positive there are far more than 25 owners with a large, silent percentage who are quite happy. Just my $.02. It's the best portable sound I have ever heard - AND you can endlessly tailor the sound to your liking with plugins, filters and MSEB. Hiby is quite unique that way. And customer service is great, as witnessed by these pages.
The RS8 is THE DAP. And yeah hiby's customer service is really leaps and bounds ahead of any other brands!

Jan 14, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #3,142 of 3,437
Well here we go again...

I took out my RS8 to listen this morning and it's dead. Won't turn on, won't respond to any button presses, does nothing when plugged in.

I've had it back from Hiby for about 4 weeks.

I just emailed their customer support again. No doubt I'll be shipping it back to China for further repairs. Sigh...

Highly recommend buying these from local distributor only, someone who can locally deal with issues. Shipping to China for repairs is getting real old!

Jan 14, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #3,143 of 3,437
Well here we go again...

I took out my RS8 to listen this morning and it's dead. Won't turn on, won't respond to any button presses, does nothing when plugged in.

I've had it back from Hiby for about 4 weeks.

I just emailed their customer support again. No doubt I'll be shipping it back to China for further repairs. Sigh...

Highly recommend buying these from local distributor only, someone who can locally deal with issues. Shipping to China for repairs is getting real old!

Who did you order it from, considering you are in US? Did you keep it on a charger for awhile? Also, try hardware reset, holding together a power button and skip button below play for 20-30sec.

Jan 14, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #3,144 of 3,437
Originally purchased from MusicTeck. I'm second owner, but they helped me with warranty with Hiby. I charged it normally last week and have been using it for a few days before this happened. Given all of the issues reported here I've avoided letting it stay on the charger. I tried the HW reset, nothing happens. plugging in a charger does nothing.

Jan 14, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #3,145 of 3,437
Originally purchased from MusicTeck. I'm second owner, but they helped me with warranty with Hiby. I charged it normally last week and have been using it for a few days before this happened. Given all of the issues reported here I've avoided letting it stay on the charger. I tried the HW reset, nothing happens. plugging in a charger does nothing.
Was it a low number or one if the recent ones?

Jan 18, 2024 at 10:25 PM Post #3,149 of 3,437
Has anyone used the RS8 with the Elysian Annihilator 2023 or the Aroma Jewel? Debating on this, versus the iBasso DX320Max for these two.
I have been using jewel + RS8 for roughly a year now, IMHO RS8 really give those emotion to jewel, have no complaint with this combo.
While during my short testing with SP3k a while back I don't get the same sensation compared to RS8, it feels just too flat and boring for me. Jewel also scales up with more power which I believe is DX320Max strong features.

Jan 18, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #3,150 of 3,437
I have been using jewel + RS8 for roughly a year now, IMHO RS8 really give those emotion to jewel, have no complaint with this combo.
While during my short testing with SP3k a while back I don't get the same sensation compared to RS8, it feels just too flat and boring for me. Jewel also scales up with more power which I believe is DX320Max strong features.
Ahh this is interesting. I hadn't compared the power figures of the RS8 and DX320Max. I'm surprised that the Jewel can be that hungry! What did you notice when you gave the Jewel more power?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back