HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Aug 7, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #2,641 of 3,437
Any more impressions of the new filters? Wondering where your preferences lie... Thanks!

Aug 9, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #2,646 of 3,437
How the SP3k struggle? Can you explain?

Apologies for the delay, the SP3000 didn't seem to drive the Lirics to it's potential. Felt a little flat IMO and volume was pretty low but when turned up was Harsh.

Now compared to the Hiby RS8, which has over 100 hours burn in, it's unbelievably magical.

I'll be doing a full run down as I'm also running it paired with Meze Lirics using a Cardas Reflection .

I've done an unboxing so thoughts and how I can improve would be much appreciated folk's.

This only my 3rd one so hopefully it's received well.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJggDWjt/

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cvm0vFbNyCg/?igshid=YTUzYTFiZDMwYg==

#GAS

Aug 9, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #2,647 of 3,437
I think if you have set it on the other filter (not default), you get background noise in DSD.
I had done it once unknowingly and thought that there was a problem with my player until I switched it back to default.

Aug 9, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #2,648 of 3,437
Since I'm taking sooo much info out of this thread I wanted to provide a little info too.
In case you're still looking for a good, protective and not so expensive (23€) case, I can only recommend the "Lacdo Hard Drive Carrying Case for LaCie Rugged/Rugged Mini/Rugged".
With its outside but most importantly inside dimensions, IMHO it provides the perfect fit for the RS8.
Case_01.jpg
Case_02.jpg
Case_03.jpg

btw, in case you're based in Germany and buy it from Ubuy (as I did), I would avoid selecting "Express Shipping". For some reason DHL Express Shipping is handled differently at customs compared to "Standard Shipping" (which only charges the 20% import tax). In my case, I had to pay almost the same amount of customs fees as the product value, also with the package stuck at customs it took basically the same shipping time as with standard shipping.
My case arrived on the weekend, thank you this was a great recommendation but I'm slightly concerned as it doesn't have a lot of ventilation when the RS8 does get hot, this could be an issue.

Aug 9, 2023 at 5:46 AM Post #2,649 of 3,437
My case arrived on the weekend, thank you this was a great recommendation but I'm slightly concerned as it doesn't have a lot of ventilation when the RS8 does get hot, this could be an issue.

Thanks for the feedback - glad I could help.
Hmmm, personally I use this case solely to carry the RS8 around. Whenever I use the DAP, I always remove it from the case.

Aug 9, 2023 at 6:03 AM Post #2,650 of 3,437
Thanks for the feedback - glad I could help.
Hmmm, personally I use this case solely to carry the RS8 around. Whenever I use the DAP, I always remove it from the case.

That would be my preference too, apart from when I'm commuting on the train.

I try this tomorrow during my commute which is around an hour.

I'll run a temp widget to monitor levels and provide results on here.

Aug 9, 2023 at 6:05 AM Post #2,652 of 3,437
Also anyone using 3rd party apps like Poweramp having any issues changing songs?

When I click next song, Poweramp goes crazy and just jumps through songs but with no audio feedback.

I have to exit the app and restart to fix it.

Aug 13, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #2,653 of 3,437
Sure thing ! Since the back look to be titanium as well from the picture, and titanium is amazing against EMI interferences. All of the glass back and glue on as I have continuously saying and giving feedbacks to manufacturers….just greatly contributes toward the exposures of interferences , which a dap shouldn’t have
Hello your Excellency,
Can you tell me if the RS8 can be tuned via the Darwin Architecture to be as dark as my Shanling M8? I have the RS6 and it’s not dark enough. I always read your reviews and since you always compare DAPS I was hoping you could compare it to the old Shanling M8 for me. You usually compare vs Newer DAPS like Cayin N8ii and A&K but please help me. I’m all in if it’s dark like the Shanling or the original Cayin N8. Thank you for your time, it’s been a pleasure.

Best Regards,
Enrico

Aug 13, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #2,654 of 3,437
Isn't it easier to buy dark HPs/IEM?

Aug 14, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #2,655 of 3,437
Hello your Excellency,
Can you tell me if the RS8 can be tuned via the Darwin Architecture to be as dark as my Shanling M8? I have the RS6 and it’s not dark enough. I always read your reviews and since you always compare DAPS I was hoping you could compare it to the old Shanling M8 for me. You usually compare vs Newer DAPS like Cayin N8ii and A&K but please help me. I’m all in if it’s dark like the Shanling or the original Cayin N8. Thank you for your time, it’s been a pleasure.

Best Regards,
Enrico
I had Rs6, and now RS8. RS8 is much more neutral than RS6. Darwin wont change the sound in the way you are hoping for, but MSEB might - but you can do the same, only with less extreme adjustments, with RS6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back