HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Oct 2, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #2,611 of 3,178
I am using RS6 line out to TA-26 and it's really good.
That's great to know since it's very similar to the DV!!! Thanks!!

Oct 2, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #2,612 of 3,178
So I ordered one from muicteck to dip my toe into the pool of R2R. Do you guys think the RS6, RS8, L&P could replace a desktop DAC like an OG topping D90?
Heck no. Not even close by any stretch of the imagination.

But. It's possible for someone to prefer one over the other..

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #2,613 of 3,178

Please elaborate.

Oct 3, 2022 at 2:02 AM Post #2,614 of 3,178

I disagree, I think it can easily be a replacement for a desktop DAC. What it can never replace is a desktop amp.

Oct 3, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #2,615 of 3,178

No, I use RS6 and EF400 line out to TA-26. They are very slightly different from each other but I can't really say one is better than the other.

RS6 as a desktop DAC is really good.
I disagree, I think it can easily be a replacement for a desktop DAC. What it can never replace is a desktop amp.
Absolutely.
RS6 with an external AMP really shines but that's for harder to drive headphones.

For IEMs the built-in AMP is more than enough.

Oct 3, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #2,616 of 3,178
No, I use RS6 and EF400 line out to TA-26. They are very slightly different from each other but I can't really say one is better than the other.

RS6 as a desktop DAC is really good.

Absolutely.
RS6 with an external AMP really shines but that's for harder to drive headphones.

For IEMs the built-in AMP is more than enough.
Actually i read thay wrong, for some reason i was thinking of a90 the amp 😅. Thanks for pointing that out.

Yes that's all a matter of preference but desktop dacs are still superior imho and likely on paper too. Simply because manufacturers have more space and power to work with. But it's not always the case there's exceptions.

I also think there's a misconception that iems don't benefit from more power. I notice with my desktop dacs, i usually get a bigger stage, and better dynamics at smaller volumes. My Unique melody mest can sound like 2 different iems desktop vs portable daps.

But i still respect everyone's opinion nonetheless 👍

Oct 3, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #2,617 of 3,178
Actually i read thay wrong, for some reason i was thinking of a90 the amp 😅. Thanks for pointing that out.

Yes that's all a matter of preference but desktop dacs are still superior imho and likely on paper too. Simply because manufacturers have more space and power to work with. But it's not always the case there's exceptions.
RS6 is not going to beat the desktop DACs but it's no slouch. It's built for different purposes. For convenience it is good enough as a desktop DAC.

Most don't use DAPs as a desktop DACs because you don't want to ruin it's battery life by over charging IMO.

I also think there's a misconception that iems don't benefit from more power. I notice with my desktop dacs, i usually get a bigger stage, and better dynamics at smaller volumes. My Unique melody mest can sound like 2 different iems desktop vs portable daps.

But i still respect everyone's opinion nonetheless 👍
With IEMs there is not much of an improvement compared to headphones with NX7. It sounds bigger but I am not convinced enough to carry the extra bulk YMMY.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2022 at 3:31 AM Post #2,618 of 3,178
RS6 is not going to beat the desktop DACs but it's no slouch. It's built for different purposes. For convenience it is good enough as a desktop DAC.

Most don't use DAPs as a desktop DACs because you don't want to ruin it's battery life by over charging IMO.

With IEMs there is not much of an improvement compared to headphones with NX7. It sounds bigger but I am not convinced enough to carry the extra bulk YMMY.
I understand about NX7 not being that much of an improvement for iems which is why on first listen i wasn't that impressed. More impressed now though.

But stuff like ifi signature, topping e30 2 l30 2 stack, m17 dc mode (to lesser extent became of noise) is a different story IMHO. I think the difference has to do with desktop / portable dac and amp together

Either way, RS8 RS6 is still reputable daps.

Oct 3, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #2,619 of 3,178
Thanks guys! You are putting my mind at ease with slimming down my desktop setup to a Soloist 3xp and Darkvoice.

Oct 3, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #2,620 of 3,178

With the RS6, you can turn charging On or Off, when you connect USB input - so it won't overcharge the battery while listening to music.

Oct 3, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #2,621 of 3,178
With the RS6, you can turn charging On or Off, when you connect USB input - so it won't overcharge the battery while listening to music.
I was generally speaking but I was not aware that RS6 has that option.
I am not going to use RS6 as DAC but good to know it has that option, thanks.

Oct 25, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #2,623 of 3,178
I decided to get one of these Hiby RS6 daps. There is nowhere I can listen to the RS6 before buying it, but since it is discounted 15% and I do enjoy the Cayin R-U6. I decided to get one. I don't expect it will sound like my Chords or SP2000, which I respect quite a bit.

Best Wishes.

S.

Oct 26, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #2,624 of 3,178
Hi chaps
I was demoing Campfire Supermoon on RS6 and in the middle of playing Qobuz I heard a long buzzing noise and screen went black.
RS6 not powering on as it seems.
Any hint how to press some key combinations to force a reset or does this sound like it's smoked?

replugging the Supermoon the buzzing noise is still there but RS6 is not acting so it still seems to be under power but screen is black and pressing any key doesn't bring a reaction...

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #2,625 of 3,178
Hi chaps
I was demoing Campfire Supermoon on RS6 and in the middle of playing Qobuz I heard a long buzzing noise and screen went black.
RS6 not powering on as it seems.
Any hint how to press some key combinations to force a reset or does this sound like it's smoked?
Interesting. I was just downloading Roon Arc, screen went black, unable to restart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back