HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Oct 15, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #796 of 3,181
I could be mistaken here but the block diagram makes me think this isn't a balanced DAC arrangement (Someone correct me if wrong) so balanced out would be from inverting the signal in the analog domain. I personally prefer the R6 single ended anyway but it may be the preferred RS6 output for more folks on this one.

You know, it just dawned on me the the balanced out has little time on it and there are aspects I prefer about it on the R6. I'll run it in balanced for a while and revisit. I also tend to test on some master recordings I know well and I often think the balanced out sounds more interesting on commercial recordings so there's that as well.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #797 of 3,181
You can tell by comparing with Hiby Music. This definitely bypasses the Android system.
UAPP will soon too. Davy is working on RS6 compatibility as we speak.
I know that Cayin do burn in their R01 boards in the factory for 150hrs.maybe Hiby do that too.
Doubt that's the case here.

Oct 15, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #798 of 3,181
I now have a fairly good understanding between P6, LP6, HM1000 and RS6, but I shall wait and hear how RS6 ages past the 100-hour mark and most importantly, what the next Firmware will bring.

From what I hear, the OS works, and it works well, it seems to only work on MQA file. The NOS sound is hit or miss. (Not RS6 fault, it comes down to what you are feeding it).
So what makes LP6 Gold cost more?The details are presented to you not forced, and well balance. In the classical recording, you can hear the room and space between the instruments (similar to Chord Hugo).

RS6 has good bass quantity, but its bass quality is just not near what I hear on LP6.

RS6 vs P6: This is where things gets interesting. I think RS6 is much better overall DAP compared to P6. P6 bass has quality, but it is soft, and on certain music, just not engaging at all. RS6 with OS, on MQA file (same file I feed P6), sounds so much more engaging and alive.

RS6 vs HM1000: TBC( have a love, hate relationship with HM1000. )

My conclusion for now: If you like Tidal RS6 is a no brainer. I wouldn't necessarily buy this for its NOS feature, as the OS has a lot more to offer than its NOS or direct to DSD LPF processing (For now).

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #799 of 3,181
I now have a fairly good understanding between P6, LP6, HM1000 and RS6, but I shall wait and hear how RS6 ages past the 100-hour mark and most importantly, what the next Firmware will bring.

From what I hear, the OS works, and it works well, it seems to only work on MQA file. The NOS sound is hit or miss. (Not RS6 fault, it comes down to what you are feeding it).
So what makes LP6 Gold cost more? With LP6 music is never sounds forced, all things sound well presented, well balanced. The details are presented to you not forced, and well balance. In the classical recording, you can hear the room and space between the instruments (similar to Chord Hugo).

RS6 has good bass quantity, but its bass quality is just not near what I hear on LP6.

RS6 vs P6: This is where things gets interesting. I think RS6 is much better overall DAP compared to P6. P6 bass has quality, but it is soft, and on certain music, just not engaging at all. RS6 with OS, on MQA file (same file I feed P6), sounds so much more engaging and alive.

My conclusion for now: If you like Tidal RS6 is a no brainer. I wouldn't necessarily buy this for its NOS feature, as the OS has a lot more to offer than its NOS or direct to DSD LPF processing (For now).
Tidal through its app, or uapp?

Oct 16, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #801 of 3,181

So what makes LP6 Gold cost more?The details are presented to you not forced, and well balance. In the classical recording, you can hear the room and space between the instruments (similar to Chord Hugo).

will you sell it?

Oct 16, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #802 of 3,181
Using the Line-Out will bypass the internal amp. Right?
So if I plug the line-out to an external desktop amp, the RS6 will be the transport and DAC only, so no double-amping. Correct?

Oct 16, 2021 at 2:23 AM Post #805 of 3,181
Is RS6 using R2R chip ?
No it's discrete R-2R resistor ladder, go back a few pages there's a PCB image already posted above.

Oct 16, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #807 of 3,181
Oct 17, 2021 at 2:34 AM Post #809 of 3,181
those expecting nos to hv magic better not to buy rs6?
NOS is just another way of processing music. Some like it, some don't. There's no 'magic' in audio, just synergy and preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back