HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Nov 20, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #1,366 of 3,181
And RS6 with Aroma thunder elevate vocal performances as well, really impressed😍

Nov 21, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #1,367 of 3,181
On another note - has anyone been able to test in usb DAC mode if there's a bit of an audio lag? Like when watching YouTube videos or producing music. I had this problem with the fiio m11 and other daps..
Yes, I’ve noticed this while watching YouTube Videos on a Windows 10 machine.

Nov 21, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #1,368 of 3,181
That is the RS6's superpower. That is R2R's superpower. I haven't heard any delta sigma DAC or DAP render vocals quite as naturally, though the best ones get close.

The trailing end of notes is also quite remarkable in that it decays very naturally. Unlike a delta-sigma DAC where the notes tend to poof away all of a sudden.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 2:09 AM Post #1,369 of 3,181
Anyone compared it to other DAPs? Like the Sony ZX507, Fiio M11 Plus/Pro, Sony WM1A, or vs the ifi Gryphon DAC/amp thingy? I'd love to be able to read some comparisons but reviews etc are scarce for the RS6..

Nov 21, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #1,370 of 3,181
The trailing end of notes is also quite remarkable in that it decays very naturally. Unlike a delta-sigma DAC where the notes tend to poof away all of a sudden.
If you listen to lots of vocal music, R2R will eventually win you over. I'm watching with interest how it develops in the DAP market. To date only the top AKM and some Burr Brown chips have managed to get close to R2R in vocal purity.

Nov 21, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #1,371 of 3,181
If you listen to lots of vocal music, R2R will eventually win you over. I'm watching with interest how it develops in the DAP market. To date only the top AKM and some Burr Brown chips have managed to get close to R2R in vocal purity.
Absolutely agree with this. I have been using both FiiO M15 and Shanling M8 and the Cayin N6ii-R01 bests both in terms of bringing out the emotions in vocals... I am really curious about my impressions once I get a chance to compare the N6ii-R01, Hiby RS6 and LP6Pro

Nov 21, 2021 at 3:20 AM Post #1,372 of 3,181
Absolutely agree with this. I have been using both FiiO M15 and Shanling M8 and the Cayin N6ii-R01 bests both in terms of bringing out the emotions in vocals... I am really curious about my impressions once I get a chance to compare the N6ii-R01, Hiby RS6 and LP6Pro
LP6 Pro-level sound in a modern Android DAP would be my perfect DAP. Hopefully this is where the RS8 is headed, and at a much less eye watering price.

Nov 21, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #1,373 of 3,181
LP6 Pro-level sound in a modern Android DAP would be my perfect DAP. Hopefully this is where the RS8 is headed, and at a much less eye watering price.
Is that confirmed that there will be a RS8?
If it's like N8ii, it won't necessarily be R2R which everyone expected given R01 success... but I sure would be in if a RS8 was to be released which anyway I wouldn't expect before second semester 2022 given Hiby release cycle.

Nov 21, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #1,374 of 3,181
If it's like N8ii, it won't necessarily be R2R which everyone expected given R01 success... but I sure would be in if a RS8 was to be released which anyway I wouldn't expect before second semester 2022 given Hiby release cycle.
No it's not confirmed. It's a wishlist item, based on my experience with the R8 and RS6. It HiBy does release an RS8 it will definitely be R2R, because the RS series is based on Darwin, which is an R2R architecture. It'll also be interesting to see if HiBy advances the R-series delta sigma DAPs, or if they're going to put all their focus on RS.

Nov 21, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #1,375 of 3,181
No it's not confirmed. It's a wishlist item, based on my experience with the R8 and RS6. It HiBy does release an RS8 it will definitely be R2R, because the RS series is based on Darwin, which is an R2R architecture. It'll also be interesting to see if HiBy advances the R-series delta sigma DAPs, or if they're going to put all their focus on RS.
Right, there might be an R8 Pro, but a RS8 is quite compelling and would better compliment the sister company Cayin N8ii which will be delta sigma so there is that to factor in. Not to mention the limited option in terms of upgrade path for delta sigma DACs... I do believe R2R flourishing is a smart response to that, as well as trying other manufacturers : iBasso with Cirrus on DX300 (yes they used it in DX160, but it's a first on a upper segment DAP in quad config), Cayin with Rohm IV MUS-IC for N8ii and R2R for N6ii/R01, Hiby with RS6, even AK did quad DAC config for SP2000T to make up for no more AK4499, also wonder what Shanling will put in M9 once they have no more AK4499 in stock...

Nov 21, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #1,376 of 3,181
Andrew told me there's no plan for RS8

Nov 21, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #1,377 of 3,181
So is there a consensus for OS vs NOS? I've been an R2R fan for a while but have preferred it with OS done right which should allow less aggressive post filtering. R2R errors tend to be more about amplitude and d/s more about time. At some point, when errors are small enough the differences should become negligible and execution the bigger variable. There's an inherent solidity to R2R but I won't say I've never heard that from D/S. A lot will have to do with what they're fed.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #1,379 of 3,181
Andrew told me there's no plan for RS8
It'll be interesting what their next flagship upgrade will be then. And besides, no-one is going to say anything about new DAPs coming down the line at this stage. That'll just kill sales. I expect an RS8 and/or R8 update next year, but hey, if not, my wallet can at least rest easy.

Nov 21, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #1,380 of 3,181
It'll be interesting what their next flagship upgrade will be then. And besides, no-one is going to say anything about new DAPs coming down the line at this stage. That'll just kill sales. I expect an RS8 and/or R8 update next year, but hey, if not, my wallet can at least rest easy.
Total agreement with you but there’s no official news on Hiby future dap.
I think they will wait some months and RS6 help them to test the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back