HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Jan 11, 2022 at 5:21 AM Post #1,820 of 3,181
Just plugged in the old GOAT (Sony MDR-EX1000), why didn't I do this earlier? I melted like butter after a long day at work.
I have the MDR-EX800st - I can't get accustomed to it's weird treble wonkiness (dips and peaks)... maybe I need to give it another chance on the RS6

Jan 11, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #1,822 of 3,181
Friends, which adapter is recommended by the manufacturer for fast charging? I have not found any information.

Either Quick-Charge 3.0 compatible or Power Delivery (PD) compatible.. My Anker Atom 4 charger does a great job charging the RS6.. But then again, it also charges my laptop and ipad

Jan 11, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #1,823 of 3,181
Hi,
I'm very interested in R2R Dac since I acquired Denafrips Dacs. When I saw that Hiby released an R2R Dap, it catched my interest. But I notice that a lot of people are selling their RS6 shortly after buying them. What's the reason for that? does RS6 have a problem or doesn't sound good?

Jan 11, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #1,824 of 3,181
RS6 sounds very well but people buy and sell and maybe own more than 2 dap as my friend that he’s selling to buy L&P LP6
Even me I own 2 dap and I Sold my M8, but I’m thinking about M9 and M17 also…
Toxic Hobby @dakchi

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #1,825 of 3,181
Hi,
I'm very interested in R2R Dac since I acquired Denafrips Dacs. When I saw that Hiby released an R2R Dap, it catched my interest. But I notice that a lot of people are selling their RS6 shortly after buying them. What's the reason for that? does RS6 have a problem or doesn't sound good?
This thread is rather long at this point but in short not everyone agrees with the sound signature of this DAP either.

Jan 11, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #1,827 of 3,181
Hi,
it sounds good. its all preference at this point. some like it, some dont. some people have multiple daps and just want to try new things

Jan 11, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #1,828 of 3,181
RS6 is unique sounding Vs d/s DACs or daps which for some might be too much of a change. It lacks the typical crystalline treble and slight ringing of d/s DACs, it sounds more grounded and less bright on first listening, and the mids had power width and dynamics which is not common on typical sources.

If you swap someone's cd player with a great vinyl setup they might think it's inferior as it's not as clean and crystal sounding.

The RS6 isn't warmpoo romantic and delicate sounding - it has a macho muscular bass and forward mids, all presented in a very wide unrestrained way.. the slight warmth comes from the lack of ringing and lacking crystalline treble that is prevalent on other digital sources.

Paired with a dynamic and neutral monitor like IEM like the Softears RSV it can shake some pants. It feels like a massive club PA speaker system, punching and growling in an all encompassing soundfield.

My RME ADI 2 can't match its massive wall of sound.

Embrace the boogie. It reminds me of my dad's old school marantz system with celestion Ditton 44 speakers that used to rattle our house windows.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #1,829 of 3,181
I've been doing some more testing on the skipping issue in USB DAC mode: I also tried a windows computer alongside macbook with the hiby driver, it's still skipping say once every 3-5 minutes.. Hiby said they can't replace the problem on the Macbook air which has me worried about my device now - I'm hoping it's not a hardware fault...
As it happens every so often it's difficult to test properly to narrow down the problem - it's like a slightly dirty cd that skips once in a while.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #1,830 of 3,181
I've been doing some more testing on the skipping issue in USB DAC mode: I also tried a windows computer alongside macbook with the hiby driver, it's still skipping say once every 3-5 minutes.. Hiby said they can't replace the problem on the Macbook air which has me worried about my device now - I'm hoping it's not a hardware fault...
As it happens every so often it's difficult to test properly to narrow down the problem - it's like a slightly dirty cd that skips once in a while.

What are you playing? Local? Roon? Tidal or Qobuz stream? I really am not able to reproduce your issues. The RS6 works like a dream as USB DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back