HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Jan 8, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #1,801 of 3,181
Diminishing returns hit hard, especially with source gear. The extra 5-10% in technical performance gains cost upward of $1000, and you lose out on other stuff - like speed and open Android - where the RS6 hands down beats the A&K. Whether or not it's worth the extra cost will depend on who you ask. But unless you're focus listening with the very best IEMs like Traillii, in my opinion there are better things to spend the extra money on.
Yep, that’s true. If you do not really need end game quality in literally all cases, than there are much better options available on how to spend your money 😂
And I can blindly recommend RS6 and Noir 2 combo currently for everyone who wants to enjoy HiFi music without spending extra funds.

Jan 8, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #1,802 of 3,181
Yep, that’s true. If you do not really need end game quality in literally all cases, than there are much better options available on how to spend your money 😂
And I can blindly recommend RS6 and Noir 2 combo currently for everyone who wants to enjoy HiFi music without spending extra funds.
So much money is thrown at getting 'the best' with very little thought given to 'what's good enough for me?'. Are we listening to music to enjoy it, or competing in some sort of gear race?

Jan 9, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #1,805 of 3,181
My RS6 stutters/skips from time to time when in USB DAC mode using computer as source - I've tried it with different cables/computers, it stutters once in a while like there's an issue with the buffer. Anyone experienced similar?

Jan 9, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #1,806 of 3,181
It might sound crazy to say it, I think I found my end game dap. Or at least if I want to buy something, it will be the next generation of Darwin family. I'm officially in the market for the perfect IEM provided it pairs with RS6.

Anyone have the Anole V14?

Jan 9, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #1,807 of 3,181
My RS6 stutters/skips from time to time when in USB DAC mode using computer as source - I've tried it with different cables/computers, it stutters once in a while like there's an issue with the buffer. Anyone experienced similar?
Yes, the same issue, I find onboard sounds its best, that is why never bothered with it as a USB DAC. Similar issues when using it as a Bluetooth. I can't get enough of apple music coming out of RS6.

Jan 10, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #1,808 of 3,181
Yes, the same issue, I find onboard sounds its best, that is why never bothered with it as a USB DAC. Similar issues when using it as a Bluetooth. I can't get enough of apple music coming out of RS6.

I hope this is not a hardware issue! I also enjoy Apple Music on the RS.. just need to discover more music now!

Jan 10, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #1,809 of 3,181

Works completely flawlessly on my end, XPS 13, W11, Hiby USB driver installed, safe mode checked in the Hiby USB utility...

Jan 10, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #1,810 of 3,181
Works completely flawlessly on my end, XPS 13, W11, Hiby USB driver installed, safe mode checked in the Hiby USB utility...
Hm I have Apple computer, so no drivers available for it. Where is this hiby usb utility?

Jan 10, 2022 at 8:39 AM Post #1,811 of 3,181
Hm I have Apple computer, so no drivers available for it. Where is this hiby usb utility?

I downloaded the Hiby USB utility from the USB DAC Driver & Guidance section at store.hiby.com/apps/help-center

But there is no additional info for Mac users unfortunately... You may want to contact Hiby for that

Jan 10, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #1,812 of 3,181

I sent hiby and musicteck an email about this issue - hopefully if it's a firmware issue we can get an update sooner. I recommend you also contact them about this just to raise awareness and get a faster bugfix on this perhaps.. the more the merrier

Jan 10, 2022 at 9:34 AM Post #1,813 of 3,181
It might sound crazy to say it, I think I found my end game dap. Or at least if I want to buy something, it will be the next generation of Darwin family. I'm officially in the market for the perfect IEM provided it pairs with RS6.

Anyone have the Anole V14?

I listened RS6 with: Mest Mk2, Oriolus Crassirostris, Aroma Thunder, Aroma Duet, Acoustune HS1677ss, Faudio Dark Sky and the best pairing with huge margin is Thunder😊

Jan 10, 2022 at 10:47 PM Post #1,814 of 3,181
Have anyone tried RS6 with Sony IER Z1R and Audeze LCD i4?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back