HiBy RS2: dual card slots, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 8x--news and impressions thread
Nov 28, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #766 of 1,290
I have one folder percalbum but there can be 5-700 folders in a genre folder
if you can't put all files in one folder and you can't put them in sub-folders that doesn't leave many options
I have an old Cayin N3 which is also very simple music player but it has an almost identical folder structure and it seems to have no problem paying through nested folders

Nov 29, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #767 of 1,290
Just received my RS2 bougth this black friday, will try it for the next few days to see if it can replace more heavy WM1A for my daily driver.

Nov 30, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #768 of 1,290
I'm looking to buy my first high quality audio player; having only an ipod touch from 2013 until now (which I like, but have no idea how it stacks up to stuff in this subforum). It's between this and the Sony NW-WM1AM2. Anyone know if there's a substantial difference in sound quality between the two? I'm not going to be using it for streaming music; just files I have downloaded or ripped from CDs. Thanks, will ask this in the Sony walkman thread as well.

Nov 30, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #769 of 1,290
I'm looking to buy my first high quality audio player; having only an ipod touch from 2013 until now (which I like, but have no idea how it stacks up to stuff in this subforum). It's between this and the Sony NW-WM1AM2. Anyone know if there's a substantial difference in sound quality between the two? I'm not going to be using it for streaming music; just files I have downloaded or ripped from CDs. Thanks, will ask this in the Sony walkman thread as well.
The Sony will have better sq and better features in general and last a lot longer on a charge but also cost a lot more and is a lot bigger and heavier. However the RS2 is in no way a bad player, just dont throw too many tracks at it as it will be slow navigating bordering on impossible in library mode but fine in folder mode

Dec 1, 2022 at 11:00 PM Post #770 of 1,290
Use RS2 in DAC mode to my desktop gear->FA-10->HE6SE V2, it is amazing, will try ZMF later.

Dec 3, 2022 at 3:00 AM Post #772 of 1,290
I’m tempted! The idea of so intriguing.

A couple of questions. My best listening equipment now is a Fiio Q3 with ER4SR and Fiio FD5’s. I own a couple of different stuff, such as a HiBy R5 OG. That the general lower mid-fi level I’m used to.

1) How much better would this compare to, say, a Shanling Q1, Hidizs AP80 Pro X or a Hiby R3?

2) In this thread people say it lacks power. Power is relative. Does is also lack power composers to a Q3 or the DAPs from question 1?

The idea is so intriguing, but it’ll be a blind purchase…

Dec 3, 2022 at 3:48 AM Post #773 of 1,290
I’m tempted! The idea of so intriguing.

A couple of questions. My best listening equipment now is a Fiio Q3 with ER4SR and Fiio FD5’s. I own a couple of different stuff, such as a HiBy R5 OG. That the general lower mid-fi level I’m used to.

1) How much better would this compare to, say, a Shanling Q1, Hidizs AP80 Pro X or a Hiby R3?

2) In this thread people say it lacks power. Power is relative. Does is also lack power composers to a Q3 or the DAPs from question 1?

The idea is so intriguing, but it’ll be a blind purchase…
It is absolutely better than the Hidizs. Yes, power is relative - you will have no issues with iems, for headphones check my review.

Dec 12, 2022 at 3:56 AM Post #774 of 1,290
I also found a .mp3 file that during playback causes my rs2 to reboot - tried the same file on a R5G2 and it plays fine
Have reported this to Hiby and their support said they have forwarded this to their engineering team along with the mp3 file
Not sure if anyone else has seen this but beginning to feel that the new architecture in RS2 needs a bit of tweaking.
Hopefully we get a release that fix some of these issues

Dec 12, 2022 at 3:58 AM Post #775 of 1,290
I also found a .mp3 file that during playback causes my rs2 to reboot - tried the same file on a R5G2 and it plays fine
Have reported this to Hiby and their support said they have forwarded this to their engineering team along with the mp3 file
Not sure if anyone else has seen this but beginning to feel that the new architecture in RS2 needs a bit of tweaking.
Hopefully we get a release that fix some of these issues
Weirdly, yes. Same issue always with Jóhann Jóhannsson's soundtrack to "Mandy." Always reboots when I play it. Never happens on any other source.

Dec 12, 2022 at 4:18 AM Post #776 of 1,290
Weirdly, yes. Same issue always with Jóhann Jóhannsson's soundtrack to "Mandy." Always reboots when I play it. Never happens on any other source.
phew ! - glad to see i'm not alone, at least it isn't a problem specific to my unit
If you contact hiby support and report it - maybe the more they receive the more likely they are to prioritise these fixes with playback

Dec 15, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #780 of 1,290
Recently brought a Hiby RS2 and realized a important feature that I have been using in other devices "Recently Added" is missing.

May I know does the feature exist and maybe just hidden in some setting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back